Status
Not open for further replies.

arkenex

Sep 21, 2014
Waxhaw, NC
Hello all, I bought a hicar nemesis off fasttech a couple weeks ago, and I've been using an Efest 3100Mah/3.7v/20A battery, as well as a kayfun 3.1. since then the threads on the inside of the telescopic portion of the nemmy where the switch would normally screw in have pretty much been stripped, causing my switch to basically just fall out whenever i held it upright. To fix this, i took an o-ring from my tobh and put it on the threads of my switch, then just jammed the switch in my tube. this worked, albeit barely, for a couple days, although my switch was sitting on a slight angle. If i had it standing, it stood exactly like the leaning tower of pisa. last night, my mod stopped firing entirely. Trying to fix it, i super-glued my switch into my mod, which i think solved that problem but created another. At first i thought it might be a battery charge issue, but earlier today i went and bought an hcigar origin as a replacement. The thing is, my battery and Kayfun work fine on this new mod, but when i put them on my nemesis, they fire for maybe ~10 seconds and then stop. It wont fire no matter what I do, but if i put them back on the origin, they both work fine, and if i put them back on the nemesis again, it'll work for another ~10 seconds. I feel whatever I'm missing is a really simple fix and I'm over thinking this, and somehow the nemesis is creating a short after a couple hits. any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you! :laugh:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This is probably not what you want to hear but a Nemesis clone only costs around $16- $17 and not worth the trouble that you've already been through and certainly not worth the risk of causing a short that could vent or explode your mod. I'd trash it but save the parts that haven't been tampered with for spares.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello all, I bought a hicar nemesis off fasttech a couple weeks ago, and I've been using an Efest 3100Mah/3.7v/20A battery, as well as a Kayfun 3.1. since then the threads on the inside of the telescopic portion of the nemmy where the switch would normally screw in have pretty much been stripped, causing my switch to basically just fall out whenever i held it upright. To fix this, i took an o-ring from my tobh and put it on the threads of my switch, then just jammed the switch in my tube. this worked, albeit barely, for a couple days, although my switch was sitting on a slight angle. If i had it standing, it stood exactly like the leaning tower of pisa. last night, my mod stopped firing entirely. Trying to fix it, i super-glued my switch into my mod, which i think solved that problem but created another. At first i thought it might be a battery charge issue, but earlier today i went and bought an hcigar origin as a replacement. The thing is, my battery and Kayfun work fine on this new mod, but when i put them on my nemesis, they fire for maybe ~10 seconds and then stop. It wont fire no matter what I do, but if i put them back on the origin, they both work fine, and if i put them back on the nemesis again, it'll work for another ~10 seconds. I feel whatever I'm missing is a really simple fix and I'm over thinking this, and somehow the nemesis is creating a short after a couple hits. any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you! :laugh:

There needs to be contact between the switch threads and the tube threads for electricity to flow. Putting in an O-ring, or glue, reduces the already reduced stripped thread contact surfaces. What you have now is not a short, but high resistance between the switch and the tube. On the other hand, if you do the wrong thing to try to repair the mod, you could end up causing a short and that could go badly.

I agree with tmcase, save any good parts of the mod and get another one. Or get a mod with bigger threads. I've had a Fasttech Nemesis for over a year and I have not stripped the threads but I know the fine threads it uses are susceptible to cross threading so I'm really careful with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread