Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Some people in hale into the mouth then take sort of an extra breath to bring smoke/vapor into the lung. That is MTL. Some suck the smoke/vapor straight into the lung without that extra step. That is DTL. Not a perfect explanation but you might get a picture with it.

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Oh, okay. I get it. Then yes, I'm dl. I was a pack a day smoker over a decade ago, so I don't really remember how I smoked, but I don't take an extra breath when vaping.

So, I need to
pick a mod.
pick a tank that works best for dl and works for the mod
get extra batteries that work for that mod.
get an external battery charger that works for those batteries.

Sheesh, this is a lot. Haha!
Im likely to get great parts, none of which work together...

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Fortunately, most parts do work together.

Here's what I can say so far:

If you're vaping at 60w, you'll probably want a two-battery mod. If your main concern is size/weight, you can get away with a one battery mod, but you'll need to use a higher CDR (high power) battery, and they don't last as long between charges as some of the other options. It would probably mean carrying a spare battery and swapping it out quite regularly. The best option (1 or 2 batteries) depends on your priorities.

When you decide whether you want a one or a two battery mod, we'll be happy to recommend some batteries (and/or explain how to choose them yourself). The right battery will depend on the number of batteries in your mod.

Another issue with batteries is that it's very important to buy them from a good vendor. There are a lot of counterfeit batteries around, and vape shops and large ecommerce sites are easily taken in. The good news is that they're not really any more expensive coming from a good vendor, you just have to know who they are. Just remind someone to point you in the right direction when you've picked your batteries.

As far as chargers go, the simplest recommendation is to stick with one of three manufacturers: Xtar, Nitecore or Efest's LUC line. There are other good chargers around, often with extra features, but those three tend to be cost-effective and reliable. If you're interested in something else, feel free to ask around. You can get the charger wherever you pick up your batteries.

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Fortunately, most parts do work together.

Here's what I can say so far:

If you're vaping at 60w, you'll probably want a two-battery mod. If your main concern is size/weight, you can get away with a one battery mod, but you'll need to use a higher CDR (high power) battery, and they don't last as long between charges as some of the other options. It would probably mean carrying a spare battery and swapping it out quite regularly. The best option (1 or 2 batteries) depends on your priorities.

When you decide whether you want a one or a two battery mod, we'll be happy to recommend some batteries (and/or explain how to choose them yourself). The right battery will depend on the number of batteries in your mod.

Another issue with batteries is that it's very important to buy them from a good vendor. There are a lot of counterfeit batteries around, and vape shops and large ecommerce sites are easily taken in. The good news is that they're not really any more expensive coming from a good vendor, you just have to know who they are. Just remind someone to point you in the right direction when you've picked your batteries.

As far as chargers go, the simplest recommendation is to stick with one of three manufacturers: Xtar, Nitecore or Efest's LUC line. There are other good chargers around, often with extra features, but those three tend to be cost-effective and reliable. If you're interested in something else, feel free to ask around. You can get the charger wherever you pick up your batteries.
Thank you! Not having to charge up every few hours is important, so two batteries sound best.
I'd like to buy from vapor dna since they offer 2 year warranties for $14, which makes me feel more secure. Unfortunately, they're out of stock on a lot of items, so choices are limited...

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Thank you! Not having to charge up every few hours is important, so two batteries sound best.
I'd like to buy from vapor dna since they offer 2 year warranties for $14, which makes me feel more secure. Unfortunately, they're out of stock on a lot of items, so choices are limited...

The reason that some folks here are saying that maybe you shouldn’t put too much stock in that 2 year warranty is that in May of this year the seeming regulations kick in, and there’s likely going to be a lot of change happening. It may it be valid past May.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Some people in hale into the mouth then take sort of an extra breath to bring smoke/vapor into the lung. That is MTL. Some suck the smoke/vapor straight into the lung without that extra step. That is DTL. Not a perfect explanation but you might get a picture with it.

Wait, wait, wait! You forgot MTE; mouth-to-exhale. There are a fair number of us. :unsure:

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
PMTA. You can't replace something with something you can't get and you can't sell something you don't have or is illegal to sell. A $14 warranty on a $30 mod doesn't make sense to me.
$30? Which mods are those? That sounds really inexpensive. If I spend under $50 for everything, I'm ok with skipping the warranty.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

StephLK

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Maybe @Geekvape_Official will chime in here and help you replace your Aegis Mini
    That would be great! I did toss it after working for a while to get help from vape wild with no luck. Since it didn't work at all and didn't even pretend to charge, I didn't see the point of keeping it. Don't know if they would be willing to help since I don't have it to return. That would be really nice though

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That would be great! I did toss it after working for a while to get help from vape wild with no luck. Since it didn't work at all and didn't even pretend to charge, I didn't see the point of keeping it. Don't know if they would be willing to help since I don't have it to return. That would be really nice though

IMHO, you should always seek help from the manufacturer if the retailer doesn't step up to the plate. It's also a good idea to keep your product boxes, too.

I really do hope you decide to get away from these disposable mods (mods with fixed batteries) and go with a mod that takes 18650 batteries or, better yet, mods that take both 21700 and 18650 batteries. If you do, get yourself an external battery charge instead of charging the battery inside the mod.

StephLK

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    IMHO, you should always seek help from the manufacturer if the retailer doesn't step up to the plate. It's also a good idea to keep your product boxes, too.

I really do hope you decide to get away from these disposable mods (mods with fixed batteries) and go with a mod that takes 18650 batteries or, better yet, mods that take both 21700 and 18650 batteries. If you do, get yourself an external battery charge instead of charging the battery inside the mod.
    I was just thinking that I should have kept everything... I'll remember next time.

I definitely plan to go with a mod with replaceable batteries. That way I won't have to toss the whole thing again when the battery goes bad.

The solo has been very highly recommended, but without a warranty, I'm worried about going with geek vape again after my experience with the last one. I'll look around and see how expensive they are since vapor dna is out.

I looked online for batteries and there seems to be different kinds of 18650? I guess some are flat? Do different mods use different ones?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was just thinking that I should have kept everything... I'll remember next time.

I definitely plan to go with a mod with replaceable batteries. That way I won't have to toss the whole thing again when the battery goes bad.

The solo has been very highly recommended, but without a warranty, I'm worried about going with geek vape again after my experience with the last one. I'll look around and see how expensive they are since vapor dna is out.

I looked online for batteries and there seems to be different kinds of 18650? I guess some are flat? Do different mods use different ones?

All modern vape mods take the flat tops. The button tops can only be used in some older mods and also do not come in ratings suitable for high wattage vaping.

I'm not going to give you recommendations on specific ones to buy, that will be for someone else to help you with. I'm a low wattage vaper so virtually any reputable battery suits me.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread