Mod tank compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDomino9923

Aug 9, 2020
Hello

I recently purchased a smok V2 species mod.

my question is about the temp control. it looks like it can support over 600 degrees for nickel tanks but only up to 300 for stainless steel.

i have a stainless steel tank, but i need it to go up to 500+ degrees.

is it safe to tell my mod that the tank is Nickel so i can increase the temperature?

I've used this tank on older mods at this temperature and it didn't explode or anything, but there was a slight popping sound every time I hit it.

thanks

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
Hello

I recently purchased a smok V2 species mod.

my question is about the temp control. it looks like it can support over 600 degrees for nickel tanks but only up to 300 for stainless steel.

is it safe to tell my mod that the tank is Nickel so i can increase the temperature?

I've used this tank on older mods at this temperature and it didn't explode or anything, but there was a slight popping sound every time I hit it.

thanks
You do realize "stainless" and "nickel" are the coil metal and not related to the tank construction ?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I don't have a Smok v2 Species mod.

I looked it up and it has the following: Temperature Range: 200 - 600°F (100 - 315°C). That is for a SS, NI or TI coil installed in your tank.

It will not go over 600°F or 315°C. Doesn't matter if you select NI, TI or SS it will not exceed those temps.

You were likely scrolling through the temps and went from fahrenheit to celcius or C-to-F.

i need it to go up to 500+ degrees.
Why do you think you need to go 500+ degrees with the temp?

Most TC folks hang around 400°F. Some go lower (350°F) and some go a little higher (420, 430, 440°F).

I don't know of anyone running TC at 500+ degrees. I use TC on several different mods (none are smok).

Telling your mod that you are using a Nickel coil when you have a SS coil totally defeats the purpose of using TC as designed/intended.

ECF has much info on using Temp Control. I would advise you to learn about TC before going any further. :)

Temperature Control

Good luck. :thumb:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Like @Spey said above, you're confusing TC coil wires with your tanks. TC reads the resistance of the coil, it has nothing to do with the tank you're using.

Why do you have to go to 500+ degrees? It really is not advisable.

No. See above.

I'm not sure I understand your question. And the title of your thread says "tank mod compatibility." Please explain further.

• Agree
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

PapaDomino9923

Aug 9, 2020
Ok thanks for the replies I realize where I was misunderstanding things.

I'm using a FREEMAX MESH PRO SUB-OHM TANK but i had the kanthal coils in.

i just ordered stainless steel coils for it.

i also figured out where i was going wrong on my mod. the ss temp does go higher than 300.

i also just ordered a uwell crown 3 sub ohm tank which comes with 2 ss coils so i should be good to go.

not super experienced with vaping so thanks for clearing things up for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread