Monthly GG contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quikijiki

ECF Veteran
im defenite its piacasso based on the black and white image uploaded by buGG, buGG wins, congrats. desaturate and liquify tool (to somewhat its original form or what makes sense as a normal looking person) in photoshop gave me a face really close to what he got, just didnt know who it was. well he even found the source image dead on. congratulations!

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Where in the rules does it say you even need to post a middle name?

I think the intent of rule is as long as the answer has a first name/last name and they're both spelled correctly..it's good.

Right there. This time seems like a coin toss though.

OOps...OK, umm errr, :blush:

:facepalm:

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
Right there. This time seems like a coin toss though.

I'm not judging the competition and didn't make the rules, but since they explicitly state that the full name, including middle, must be provided, I would think that the middle name or names need to be included in the winning post...at least one of them, but in all fairness to the man and those that named him as well as those for whom he was named, all should be listed. Ruiz and Picasso are last names only, mandated this way by Spanish law and a shared attribute of Hispanic custom, but his middle names are all those of the Saints listed after "Pablo" and before "Ruiz". We can't turn a last name into a middle name or omit the middle names altogether and consider it a full name.

Take George Bush for instance, first name and last name. Without Walker, you haven't identified the son, and without Herbert Walker (two middle names) you haven't identified the father. Having two last names is not all that uncommon either, particularly when parents wish to give their children both maternal as well as paternal signs. This is more in line with the case of "Picasso," though in his time and place the surnames were both customary and legally required. Notice how the last two names "Ruiz" and "Picasso" are joined by "y," which is Spanish for "and." Ruiz and Picasso, the father and the mother.

The toss up is only if the rules of the contest are changed after the fact, and middle names are no longer necessary to win. I am not opposed to having multiple GG winners; the more the merrier, but if there is to be only one winner, and if the rules remain as they have up to this point, you'll see I was the first post to list the full name, including first, middle, and last.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread