MTL RTAs with deck/base sold separately

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Hi
Tried asking this question here and there - nothing.

I am looking for, preferably a good one, MTL rta, for which I can purchase separately decks and bases, as I prefer to build in advance when I have time, not when I have to change either wick or coil, and I don't have time.

Do those (good ones) even exist?
I checked Siren 2 and Ares, nothing. Did not see much spare parts for even Keyfun.
So it is now a trend, if base or base got broken - purchase new tank?

Appreciate for any ideas.

Reactions: stols001

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Consider a Joyetech eGo ONE tank and a box or two of 1 Ω eGo ONE CLR coils. They are designed to be rebuilt, and the 1 Ω variety is fairly tight. Might also be able to get away with an old Kanger Subtank and a handful of RBAs.

LOL, I still have 3 Subtanks (2 7 ml and 1 4 ml) with 3 decks per each (V1 with juice channels at the bottom, which I enlarged with Dremmel ).

I see the trend, oh well, probably Siren 2 then, I would get Ares, but don't like sliding cap (have bad experience with similar Eleaf tank, after a year cap moves very easy - tanks leaks like Hell)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Siren is actually one of my all time favorite tanks.

I believe FT has a clone, so you might be able to get spare parts there? You could check the FT message boards and see what folks are saying about it, etc.

Best of luck, and the Siren is great.

I would also add, perhaps, trying rayon? It's a great wick and a lot longer lasting than cotton, so you might have less need for spares. Well it's a thought.

I am a known TANK SMASHER. You may not be but the tanks from FT fit just fine, if you are one. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Siren is actually one of my all time favorite tanks.

I believe FT has a clone, so you might be able to get spare parts there? You could check the FT message boards and see what folks are saying about it, etc.

Best of luck, and the Siren is great.

I would also add, perhaps, trying rayon? It's a great wick and a lot longer lasting than cotton, so you might have less need for spares. Well it's a thought.

I am a known TANK SMASHER. You may not be but the tanks from FT fit just fine, if you are one. LOL.

Anna
Top hit for “tank smasher” image
upload_2019-6-30_16-0-13.jpg

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks
Will look for a clone. I am using FT since the beginning (since I started quitting analogs), got bunch of stuff from them.
I can consider myself lucky - in 3-4 years vaping, I broke only 2 glass tanks and it was in the beginning, since those times I always order 3 replacement glass for each tank I buy, I know I am crazy, oh well

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hi
Tried asking this question here and there - nothing.

I am looking for, preferably a good one, MTL RTA, for which I can purchase separately decks and bases, as I prefer to build in advance when I have time, not when I have to change either wick or coil, and I don't have time.

Do those (good ones) even exist?
I checked Siren 2 and Ares, nothing. Did not see much spare parts for even Keyfun.
So it is now a trend, if base or base got broken - purchase new tank?

Appreciate for any ideas.

In my opinion it is better to buy multiple whole RTAs than multiple decks... I have over dozen RTAs and in more than a year no single deck broke. Doggy, Dwarv and many other excellent clones from Fastech are relative (to cost of specific parts) so inexpensive I see no reason to buy spare parts... I prefer variety of different RTAs than single RTA with multiple bases. I have two Doggies, two Dwarvs, two Siren but rarely use those as I found other RTAs that provide me more satisfying vape.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
In my opinion it is better to buy multiple whole RTAs than multiple decks... I have over dozen RTAs and in more than a year no single deck broke. Doggy, Dwarv and many other excellent clones from Fastech are relative (to cost of specific parts) so inexpensive I see no reason to buy spare parts... I prefer variety of different RTAs than single RTA with multiple bases. I have two Doggies, two Dwarvs, two Siren but rarely use those as I found other RTAs that provide me more satisfying vape.
You have a certain point.
There are exceptions though. There is the carry size issue though which is dependent on the size of the atty. My aromamizer pluses for example are pretty large and cost about $40 a piece. They sell replaceable decks though which are much much smaller and cost $10 a piece. I have 5 of them. 2 of which are “parallel” decks which are wired differently. I also plan (eventually and in theory) to take one of my non parallel decks and cut slots in it so I can use it for mesh.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
but rarely use those as I found other RTAs that provide me more satisfying vape.

Thanks
What other choices, would you share your collection? I might consider getting a few MTL tanks (I know it is not much, but I have close to 15 DL tanks, RTAs and coil based or both), since separated decks seems to be a problem. And if they are clones, mention that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread