All these newer MTL RTAs (Berserker, Siren V2 etc.) "better" than good ol' Kayfun Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My KFL w that bell cap style in Ultem:

Gee...I have a few that look very similar to that one...COV Mini Volt 40W, too. I still love those little KFL "shorties", even though the Berserkers have taken over around here for the last few months. :thumbs:

My driptip is different though...it's one of those flat black ones that are my favorites. Have "just a few more" spare parts for those "shorties", for use in the future, too. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@ToolmanTexas -

I've just been through 270+ "Ultem" things on FT, and can't find a single bell cap made of it. Thought maybe you got it there. Can you tell me where you got yours? I really like the Ultem driptips on the Berserkers, and would like to buy a couple of those bell caps made of it, too.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
@ToolmanTexas -

I've just been through 270+ "Ultem" things on FT, and can't find a single bell cap made of it. Can you tell me know where you got that one? I really like the Ultem driptips on the Berserkers, and would like to buy a couple of those bell caps made of it, too.
@JCinFLA I'm sorry to report but to the best of my knowledge these caps came and went. When FT took the Kayfun name out of everything they are part of what I can no longer find there (or anywhere else) :(

Steamtuners produces one that is similar but it ain't cheap!
Tiny Ultem - Steam Tuners - Vape Uplifts - Vaping Gear

I know your skills though, so if you find any please ring the bell :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Here's these... pricy though

Yep...been there, seen those, and several others on 3 more websites, too, late last night. From the specs, most websites say those are only for the Prime though. Also, I'm not going to pay in excess of $20US + high S/H for a bell cap. I'll just use the regular ones I have already. Thanks for the post about them though. :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Yep...been there, seen those, and several others on 3 more websites, too, late last night. From the specs, most websites say those are only for the Prime though. Also, I'm not going to pay in excess of $20US + high S/H for a bell cap. I'll just use the regular ones I have already. Thanks for the post about them though. :)

Go on !, take a walk on the wild side. :thumbs:

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Go on !, take a walk on the wild side. :thumbs:

Actually...if you could see my vape stash, you'd most likely agree that I've travelled "on the wild side" more than enough times already. Last trip was to really stock up on Berserkers. It was an extremely successful walk! :D

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I'm all for people making a profit, but that seems a bit excessive, :laugh:.
I did get the opposite item for my Primes, the extension kits to increase capacity:
9438000-1.jpg

I have only used it on one tank so far, but it works fine. $2.84 is more my style for an accessory tank ;)

I have not ordered these for the Prime but who knows:
9620618-3.jpg

It's $2.89!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm still rotating a couple of KFL-v2's most days. I have an Ares, Beserker MTL, and Siren 2 (all are 24mm) filled and ready all the time. For some reason the KFL jumps in my hand in the morning and doesn't leave most days. Flavor is actually stronger on the 24mm tanks, but the Kayfun is like an old friend.

I'm trying to get to a point where the 24mm tanks are as comfortable and familiar as the Kayfun, but that hasn't happened yet. Still working on that.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Stay with the Kayfun Lite ........

I have a bunch of V3.1's and V2's, but the threads wear out and replacement parts are getting more scarce over time. I like using the bottom fill hole and the threads there get grainy over time. I have one that is starting to get cross threaded from wear at the bottom fill port. Removing the top cap or the deck to fill wears o-rings over time.

The newer RTA's produce better flavor, IMO. They're just ... different. Kayfun is familiar like a favorite pair of shoes.

I haven't counted lately, but I know that I have at least 5 Kayfun 3.1's and 7 or more KF v2's in my stash, most of which are still in the box and have yet to be vaped.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have a bunch of V3.1's and V2's, but the threads wear out and replacement parts are getting more scarce over time. I like using the bottom fill hole and the threads there get grainy over time. I have one that is starting to get cross threaded from wear. Removing the top cap or the deck to fill wears o-rings over time.

The newer RTA's produce better flavor, IMO. They're just ... different. Kayfun is familiar like a favorite pair of shoes.

I haven't counted lately, but I know that I have at least 5 Kayfun 3.1's and 7 or more KF v2's in my stash, most of which are still in the box and have yet to be vaped.
Hey Dave,

A good, cheap tank for your KFs may be this option:
$2.37 Replacement Top Cap for Lite Five Pawns RTA Atomizer - w/ 510 drip tip / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$3.66 Replacement Acrylic Tank for Lite Five Pawns RTA (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Your bases will still need replacement parts but this will give you lots of cheap tanks to fall back on.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've been using DoggieStyle for months now and today for the life of me I couldn't trap one of the wires! Maybe 10 tries... I finally took an extra screw that came with it and replaced the one I was struggling with and having tried all angles and gyrations in the previous attempts nailed it on the first try.
I hadn't had my coffee yet so I was calm and kept at it... geez what we do for a good vape.I'm using 26g SS... I'll order some 28g.
:mad:
Btw I heard that the Berserker has an o-ring on the bottom of the tank that tends to slip? I've been wary of bottom filling for that reason... any comments?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
As of 25th of April here's my revised list of MTL tanks i use in daily rotation.
1) Kayfun V4
2) Kayfun V4
3) Kayfun V4
4) Kayfun V4
5) Kayfun V4
6) Kayfun V4
7) Kayfun V4
8) Kayfun V4
9) Kayfun V4 (Black)
10) Kayfun V4 (Black)

:thumbs::):cool:
How many flavors do you vape?