The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Musicians check in here. If you play, tell us about it!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaveP, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Hi, old guy that plays guitar signing on.
    Heres my latest favourite pieces. Ive owned the amp since 1986, its been a constant favourite for all that time. Fender Concert II.
    The guitar is a Yamaha SA2200. I dont like gold hardware but thats the only option with this guitar.
    The OD pedal is pretty good, I like it.

IMG_3734.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. jmur

jmur Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    I need a reset I guess. Not happy with anything I do on guitar for about 8 weeks now. Nothing sounds right, guitars themselves don't sound good to me (and I keep switching). Inspiration is apparently a memory. I know, maybe I just need a break from it. But I'm too old to take a break, don't want to lose it. IDK. Just felt like rambling about it here...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pipeous

Pipeous Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I get it. I gigged tonight. People said my guitar sounded great. to me I hated the sound and heard my mistakes like razor blades

• Like Like x 4
  4. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Checking in guys. I decided to get back into guitars. I would categorize my skill level as below novice level. :rolleyes::D

I used to pluck around with friends, and thought I would get back into it. I just ordered a new Schecter C-6 Elite. Should be here sometime after the 15th. Here is a pic, same color too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pipeous

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I finally have some days off. Been crazy busy. Today was show 91 for the year. I was asked to put together a song for a tv show. Called "Getting to know you". I interviewed the host and I had lyrics in about an hour (took about 10 mins to actually write). I recorded a rough track and sent it in. They just want it to be a bit faster tempo. Getting to know you

6. jmur

jmur Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    I like. Nice work there, although to me, the tempo fits it perfectly. Really tasteful middle break, also.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pipeous

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    cheers' the vocals are a bit off. I am so exhausted right now. I need a couple days of doing nothing but camping in front of the AC haha.. ya it's 120bpm. to make it faster I will have to edit the lyrics or it will get choppy in places

• Like Like x 2
  8. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I haven't gigged in a while. The 9am contemporary service I was playing was shut down by the last pastor, who wanted to create a larger combined 11am service. He's gone now, but staffing has dropped, so they are continuing a larger combination service, but the praise band they hired from the outside is still playing in that service. go figure. I still get a lot of questions about why that was done. They are paying two guys with acoustics to play after our group did it with a full group for 12 years free.

We had drums sometimes, keyboard, my electric, two acoustics, bass guitar, and three good singers. We weren't paid, except for one intern who also fills a full time job 40 hours a week in the church. What killed our group was when she got married and took another position in her home town where her new husband is also employed. That worked out for them.

What I don't miss is having to get up at 6:30am on Sunday to be there at 7:30 for rehearsal. It's all good. At my age I enjoy sleeping in on Sunday morning these days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    When my guitar gets stale sounding It's usually new strings that fixes it. Dead strings are boring, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    My guitar won't ship until the 16th...getting anxious.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pipeous

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    That Schecter looks dam sweet. I like the position of the tuners. it will help stay in tune

12. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Thanks. I've loved Shecter's forever. The silver/black color scheme is really nice. I can't wait to post a real pic of it in here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pipeous

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I was talking to the woman from the tv show today. I re recorded the music and brought the key up to E from D. She loved the music, said made her want to dance. I found out she plays electric guitar so I made it more rock. Tempo is 135bpm now. I will do the vocals this week. this mix the distorted guitar is in the middle. I will do a second distorted guitar and pan them about 60% each side Getting to know you rock 2.mp3

oh and I get to be interviewed on the show now too

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Sounds really good. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Cool tunes, Pipeous. That little lead lick in the middle reminds me of something Keith Richards would play.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Change of plan. I will be getting a C-6 Plus in Charcoal Burst. The Elite is still a few weeks out, and this one is near identical.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Nice

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pipeous

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I think I like the look of this one even more. That grain is gorgeous

• Like Like x 1
  19. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Thanks. I wanted to look at one today at Guitar Center, but forgot. I'm curious how good the grain looks in person. Well, it gets delivered on Monday, so a pic will follow.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jim_87

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    I'm glad I switched my order to the C-6 Plus. The Elite I had ordered now has the ship date pushed back to Aug. 22nd. My C-6 will be delivered Tuesday. I had to bump the delivery date because of my work schedule.

:headbang:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.