Musicians check in here. If you play, tell us about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
you have to upload photos to a server like photobucket and provide a link
Thanks! I tried that, but Photobucket does seem to provide the copy function in the same way. Plus, there are so many pop-ups, that it's near impossible to navigate through. If something works, you can bet some college graduate is going to come along and make things better. :mad:

Anyway, I just picked up a mint condition Lexicon PCM70. LOvE iT! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just type your text to go with the picture, then click Upload a File, pick a directory, then the picture you want to post.

P6160140.JPG

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
well I didn't win. chances were slim. 48,000 entries and 100 moved on. I saw people using facebook ads. actually paying to move on. wow. but I did get a lot of exposure and picked up some cool gigs.

I have managed to place some songs and hooked up with a publisher. so life is good. and I have gone 8 weeks smoke free. voice range is coming back.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My wife and I spent most of the week in Savannah, Ga checking out the historic section of town and the RiverFront. We left yesterday and got out before 2 to 3 million party people invaded the town for St Patrick's Day. Yes, the radio and TV stations were forecasting that many people coming in for the holiday!

Reactions: Pipeous

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I play bass. Played guitar for awhile as a teen but moved on to bass later in life. For me it's just for the enjoyment and playing in my spare time. Yet another hobby. I picked up the base just last year. I can play but I'm not great. lol I learn more every time I pick one of them up.

Dean AXS and Fender JB resized2.jpg
Ibanez2 Resize2.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Man would that be fun to see Savannah

Savannah is only 3 hours away from where I live in North Macon. It's all interstate through fly-over country, so one road and fairly light traffic. There's Savannah, St Simons Island, Jeckyl Island, Tybee Island, and other places to stay and visit depending on whether you want peace and quiet or crowds.

Check out YouTube for videos of this year's parade in Savannah, Ga. There's also a really good one from Dublin, Ireland. The one in Ireland is huge and well produced.

Reactions: Pipeous

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
14 weeks no smoking now. vaping has been good. these sub ohm boxes kick ..... I vape 6mg and go through a lot but at least it's working. It hasn't been as hard this time to get off the stinkies

I got my new instrument delivered finally. what an amazing piece of art. I was dead tired and made mistakes LOL

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I have been gigging steady since before Christmas. Crazy. And I injured my left index finger Dec 17... been trying to play through it. I am sure I have bone damage. Certainly nerves... I am trying a suggestion from a fellow player... new skin. 2 days of building up my finger tip and sanding... we will see Wednesday. I am also now fronting a rock band. At least I get to play my strat... this weekend the Epi 339 comes out of retirement. I have to take a break from the acoustics for a bit. May I start to get busy again

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I play bass. Played guitar for awhile as a teen but moved on to bass later in life. For me it's just for the enjoyment and playing in my spare time. Yet another hobby. I picked up the base just last year. I can play but I'm not great. lol I learn more every time I pick one of them up.

View attachment 729671 View attachment 729673

Late to replay, but welcome to the thread, Snicks.

Reactions: Snicks

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Scary article about Gibson filing for bankruptcy. There's interest all over in the music world for Gibson to reorganize under new ownership, so that's good.

Gibson files for bankruptcy with deal to renew guitar business

Gibson Brands filed for bankruptcy with a turnaround plan that will give some of the company’s lenders equity ownership of the iconic American business that’s supplied guitars to B.B. King, Elvis Presley and Pete Townshend.

A restructuring support agreement with senior secured noteholders will help it repay bank loans while going through a "change of control" transaction, according to papers filed Tuesday with its Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Delaware. The petition estimated up to $500 million in debt, and the lenders have agreed to an operating, or "debtor in possession," loan of up to $135 million to fund operations.

The change in control will give noteholders equity in a new company, replacing current stockholders such as Chief Executive Officer Henry Juszkiewicz. According to court filings, current noteholders include Silver Point Capital, Melody Capital Partners LP, and funds affiliated with KKR Credit Advisors. The restructuring will also allow the instrument business to "unburden" itself of a consumer-electronics unit that Gibson blamed for its financial woes.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
14 weeks no smoking now. Vaping has been good. these sub ohm boxes kick ..... I vape 6mg and go through a lot but at least it's working. It hasn't been as hard this time to get off the stinkies

Hadn't read this till tonight. Great! Keep at it, man. On April 22nd this year I made five years of no cigs. And that's after a 45 year 2 to 3 PAD non-filter habit. Never felt better in my life. You end up feeling better, literally, with each week. Best of luck!

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
Cheers Jmur. It doesn't even bother me anymore. That scare of losing my voice in January did it for me. I have had zero issues since, even with a "sore" throat (my house renovations is driving us all nuts with the dust). My vocal range is coming back too. I am at that point that even the smell of cigs bothers me... it stinks

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
It's been a very long time since I posted in here but I wanted to share a damn good and cheap practice amp I just picked up. Bugera V5 Infinium. 5w, all tube with a switch to drop it to both 1w and 0.1w. For a $200 amp, it's hard to believe how good this sounds. It handles pedals very well too. I actually only paid $145 on Reverb with a an upgraded Celestion Eight 15 speaker in it but the reviews I've seen say it's great with the stock speaker as well. Here's a nice little review on it as well.

d5dddbacc99560f1b5d8c424b4f72538.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I play guitar, when i have one, mostly for blues, classic rock, instrumentals - im a huge Shadows and surf guitar fan

Ive been between guitars for about 8 months now, mostly due to medical costs, missing it

I can usually be found playing a Fender Strat or Squire Strat

I had an early 80's '57 Reissue Fender Strat for over 20 years until it was lost due to family drama. I loved it. Best guitar i ever owned.

Ive had a few more "standard" Strats over the years alongside the '57 RI, including a nice Daphne Blue with Lace Sensors i sold to fund building part of a home, it paid for a concrete slab...

When i say Squire, i mean a Classic Vibe Strat...theyre the only Squires ive ever found comfy spending money on, very good guitars! Ive had the 50's Strat and sold that to help a mate out, then got a CV
Butterscotch Tele a while later after much saving and it was my first Tele ever, i thought why not try something different, after 25 years of playing Strats, and i quickly found out i was not a Tele person (i wish i was, but ergonomically the Strat has ruined me and my right hand particularly hated the bridge feel and position) and very definitely a Strat man, so sold it was...i did at least play Born To Run on it once before i sold it :)

The only other non Fender guitars ive owned were:

1 x Ibanez S470 DXQM - for the rare heavier stuff, everyone needs to Panama once in a while.... Great Trem.
1 x ESP LTD ST-213 FR - Didnt last long, the Floyd Rose was the average Special kind, but i didnt gel with the tall jumbo frets, too used to vintage frets!

Ill prolly go CV Strat again when i can, i certainly will not be going for the new Fender "Player" Series that just came out...theres no more Standard Strat, and these new base models have the horrid 2 point trem system, i believe in 6 screws and decked to the body is the only way to go with a fender trem, but im also very vintage in loving Kluson tuners, the most stable tuners you can put on a Strat, you can keep your locking tuners. The "Player" series do have real, non-ceramic pickups at least, but some early hands on reviews say the qwuality of other equipment is down over the previous Standard series. For me a backwards step there Fender. Queue another CV strat instead...

Reactions: James Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread