Status
Not open for further replies.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I happen to have someone in my family with Parkinsons and I dont appreciate the M.J. Fox references. He has done more for people with that disease than anyone in the World in the last 20 years. He should not be made fun of.

Now back to bobas, I made Eddies recipe and its a nice clone of some other recipes already posted in this thread but it is no bobas.

Sorry Eddie. Imo, Its not even close. Its a decent vape tho.

I wont say why until he sees fit to release the recipe, then I will give my toughts. Its the last time Ill order extra ingredients to try anyones recipe until other have done so first.

I mix a lot of juice for myself and I have all my flavoring - over 60 flavors in Amber glass dropper bottles - don't have to worry about cleaning the droppers and the 50 - 60 ml size are great . Pick up a dozen at a time on ebay for around $12 - two yrs now and that is the best way to keep and use your flavors . Just my :2c:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Now back to bobas, I made Eddies recipe and its a nice clone of some other recipes already posted in this thread but it is no bobas.

Sorry Eddie. Imo, Its not even close. Its a decent vape tho.

I wont say why until he sees fit to release the recipe, then I will give my toughts. Its the last time Ill order extra ingredients to try anyones recipe until other have done so first.

Wait again, I've cloned your clones using flavoring you hadn't heard of and hadn't tried....that's amazing....

I have family with Parkinson's. They shake a lot. My brother with ALS didn't shake at all. Don't try to be a"white knight" swooping in with your awesome Dragon shield. I prefer to laugh about it and they do/did too....

Seriously,I don't respect your opinion considering you dismissed the recipe countless times before ever trying it. You're so bent on being the one that cracked bobas it's sad really.

To say it's not even close is a outright lie and really costs you credibility.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Equal parts:
Hangsen TU,T'smog, Turbo Smog Tobacco (different names on different sites)

VZ Black Cigar

ECX Black Mile Plus

VZ Honey

VZ Coconut

1 drop per 10ml TA/EM diluted mix(maybe more)

20% total

Add 5% banana for GJ maybe lower the tobacco a bit

I was still messing with proportions which is why I didn't post it just yet. May be a little more or little less of one or the other.

Again that's not a finished product however, it does fit every known parameter aside from the 40% flavoring.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Seriously, what is wrong with you? Are you really that insecure that you cant handle someone giving you their honest opinion? Eddie, you read half of whats written and claim to be an expert. You said triacetin was used as a base, its not. You got uppity with someone about steeping and.took that out of context as well.

I have all the PM's we sent each other and I told you what I thought then, and I simply confirmed what I said by trying your recipe. Youve made.snide.comments about me not having TWO of the flavorings you used... I kept quiet. I even went in MY OWN POCKET to help you and ordered them. SO WHAT if I hadnt used them before?? I respected not reposting the recipe and did the right thing, and you bark at me?

I have never once said.my.recipe was bobas. In FACT, I have said repeatedly its on the right track but is missing things. I have ALSO said I gave up on cracking bobas..... NOW if you paid attention and read.all of what people write instead of HALF of it then you would realize that. The last attempts Ieven made were MONTHS ago. Thats hell bent huh? ok.

Ive never attacked you once, but I did.call you out on the Parkinson's nonsense cause it is very insensitive and rude. Your reply to me here was the same. Ive contributed to this in time and effort and even spent my own money to try your recipe. Its a good recipe. Its not bobas.

Heres why. There is no black and.mild in bobas. The ones from VZ and ECX are too harsh. however that one mentioned a coulple pages back might hold promise. Athere is also absolutely NO coconut in bobas. And turbo smog? I have no idea why you even put that in the recipe. I made a version of your recipe without that and the coconut and its better.

I havent lied about a damn thing and my credability isnt determined by me, thats by those that know me, and you dont. Calling someone a liar just because you dont like their opinion? Whos the one losing credability here?

Sorry. I have no intention of being walked on by you or being talked down to. Im a bigger dog in this yard than you, and I have a far bigger bite.

Wait again, I've cloned your clones using flavoring you hadn't heard of and hadn't tried....that's amazing....

I have family with Parkinson's. They shake a lot. My brother with ALS didn't shake at all. Don't try to be a"white knight" swooping in with your awesome Dragon shield. I prefer to laugh about it and they do/did too....

Seriously,I don't respect your opinion considering you dismissed the recipe countless times before ever trying it. You're so bent on being the one that cracked bobas it's sad really.

To say it's not even close is a outright lie and really costs you credibility.

Last edited:

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
I still have a lot of TA Blend ALC, so I'm going to try a few new flavors with it when wizards opens back up. I'm thinking...

TA Blend ALC 0.5-1%
TFA Honey 4-5%
TFA Mild Black 3-5?%
TFA Black Honey Tobacco 3-5?%
EM 4%

I haven't tried Mild Black or Black Honey Tobacco, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how they compare to the stuff we've been using like Black Cigar and Black Mile Plus.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Seriously, what is wrong with you? Are you really that insecure that you cant handle someone giving you their honest opinion?

I have all the PM's we sent each other and I told you what I thought then, and I simply confirmed what I said by trying your recipe. Youve made.snide.comments about me not having TWO of the flavorings you used... I kept quiet. I even went in MY OWN POCKET to help you and ordered them. SO WHAT if I hadnt used them before?? I respected not reposting the recipe and did the right thing, and you bark at me?
I most certainly did not ask for YOUR "help." Actually you insisted if you want to call it that. I really don't think you realize how you talk to people. So what if you hadn't used them before? After you post that I've cloned YOUR clones. Kind of a big part of the whole thing.

I don't claim to know everything like some.

Ive contributed to this in time and effort and even spent my own money to try your recipe.
Again didn't ask you to...

Heres why. There is no black and.mild in bobas. The ones from VZ and ECX are too harsh. however that one mentioned a coulple pages back might hold promise. Athere is also absolutely NO coconut in bobas. And turbo smog? I have no idea why you even put that in the recipe. I made a version of your recipe without that and the coconut and its better.
Yes Bobas just turns dark and red without dark red flavoring. Has pipe tobacco tastes without any pipe tobacco flavoring. I don't taste the coconut in my recipe just like I don't taste the honey in real Bobas or my recipe. I know it's there because of the exhale and the musky scent that honey flavoring leaves. And yes why bother with TU,T smog, turbo smog tobacco from Hangsen? http://vapingzone.com/product-info.php?VZ_T_Smog_E-Liquid_-pid824.html
Maybe because the flavor is that of a breakfast cereal with hints of cinnamon. I mean really though...who's ever tasted graham crackers or teddy grahams and cinnamon in Bobas? That's crazy!

I havent lied about a damn thing and my credability isnt determined by me, thats by those that know me, and you dont. Calling someone a liar just because you dont like their opinion? Whos the one losing credability here?

Sorry. I have no intention of being walked on by you or being talked down to. Im a bigger dog in this yard than you, and I have a far bigger bite.
Yes it's me that's insecure....

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Again a case of you reading HALF of what is written. I never said you cloned my clones. I said YOUR version is a nice clone OF OTHER RECIPES already posted. As far as turbo smog, I made your recipe both with and without it. It was better without it taste wise, imo. I dont believe graham cracker is in bobas. I have also SAID THIS before. I tried it. Works a little but it isnt right. Im more partial to a cinnamon roll type of flavoring being used.

Stop cherry picking what you think is written and actually READ.

Eddie, YOU sent me the recipe. I never once asked you for it. You took it upon yourself to do so. YOU DID ask me to try it and give you feedback. Dont play coy now and say you didnt. Flat out, bottom line, you are lying to everyone here saying you never did so. We are not.allowed.to post PM's but I swear if I have.to take screenshots and privately email them to someone else to prove so I will. Dont you dare call me a liar. I have no reason to and anyone in DIY that knows me also knows Im very open minded, willing to try anything to help others, and even when I have my doubts do my best guide if at all possible.

You have no place attacking me. None. I have ZERO to gain or lose in this. Frankly, your attitude disgusts me and I dont deserve your ridicule. You are out of line.

Im sorry you dont like my appraisal of your work. Let everyone else decide then, but god forbid, dont tell Eddie hes wrong or he will ridicule you too.

Grow up.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I appreciate everyone's contribution here to try and break the Boba code. Now that Eddie has posted the recipe...I have a question.

For the ppl who have both or tried both on their own, would you agree that VZ Black Cigar, and ECX Black Mile Plus taste kind of the same?

The slight difference is that one has more of a chocolate undertone (VZ black cigar...I think) and Black Mile Plus has a little more vanilla taste. Other than that, the color and the smell is the same IMO. I could be wrong, and I might have the flavors switched on the brands. I like VZ black cigar and have just been buying that because it's cheaper.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
They are the exact same. I bought them both from ecx and from VZ when they were first released. They were the same concentration from each vendor. About three months later I reordered that and some other flavorings from ecx and they were signifigantly weaker. My suspicion is they watered them down. I only buy from VZ now as a result except for a couple flavorings I cannot buy there.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
They are the exact same. I bought them both from ecx and from VZ when they were first released. They were the same concentration from each vendor. About three months later I reordered that and some other flavorings from ecx and they were signifigantly weaker. My suspicion is they watered them down. I only buy from VZ now as a result except for a couple flavorings I cannot buy there.
Yes one that gives a chocolate background and one that gives a vanilla background taste just the same.....

They don't even smell the same....I can't be bothered....

Coke and Pepsi taste the same too....

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I found another BB recipe that sounds interesting:

"Oatmeal Cookie With Raisins Tobacco E-Juice Recipe Bobas Bounty Clone

After you mix a normal bottle of E-Juice with your flavoring of tobacco, say a 30ML bottle, ensuring you have proper nicotine strength, PG/VG ratios, here's the top off ingredients, after your other flavors. Remember the more of this E-Juice that you make, just make the appropriate adjustments for the amounts of flavoring used.

4 drops PA Cinnamon
8 drops FA Irish Cream
8 drops FA Caramel (awesome with butterscotch too)
1 drop PA Absinthe (this is a tester flavor
unfortunately, I think a redbull or jager flavor might be an OK sub though?)
4 drops Ethyl Maltol (or other sweetener, adjusted for strength)

p.s. If you omit the absinthe from the above E-Juice recipe, you get a very nice tasting carrot cake E-Juice recipe. So basically make a bottle of E-Juice, add the favorite tobacco of your choosing, say FA tobacco or Dekang, then these items get added to make that flavor you like, and you can also add a drop or two of PA Vanilla Custard. If you like chocolate in there, you can add a couple of drops of PA Chocolate. If you like darker chocolate, you may use that as well. And, that will complete the reproduction or close clone of the Boba's Bounty E-Juice recipe. It is not the exact match, but comes so darned close. Enjoy, and let me know what you think of this E-Juice recipe."

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Eddie, honestly Ive had enough of your attitude and nonsense.

Read what I wrote. Im not the only one that has experience with both flavorings and many of us ordered them when they were first released and also noted.later ECX's became diluted. Make a batch of Ecx at 8%-9% and a batch of VZ at 3%-4%, they are the same thing. There are huge threads on this forum discussing those flavoring lines and comparing them, that I also contributed to. Go read those first before you comment how wrong I am and educate yourself a little. That means tons of us are wrong too.

Now, from this point foward Im going to keep to bobas discussion in this thread and ignore you and your words. You write without consideration and half baked understanding because you only read and regurgitate what suits you. Im done with it. Its not worth my time and life is too short for nonsense. I'll let everyone else judge your work since Im such a horrible person for simply saying its a nice juice but its not bobas.

Yes one that gives a chocolate background and one that gives a vanilla background taste just the same.....

They don't even smell the same....I can't be bothered....

Coke and Pepsi taste the same too....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread