Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
London UK
Boba's is a NET for sure. That is why there cannot be a 0 nicotine version. I am pretty sure his supplier is or at least was Cornell & Diehl (C&D). You will note there is a C+D flavour already in his line up and all the tobacco flavours he has are somewhat reminiscent of blended pipe tobaccos. So it is not 3 separate tobacco flavours mixed together it is a NET of one of C&D's blended/aromatic tobaccos.

The molasses that so many pick up on I am guessing is Rum which is made with molasses and often used to flavor tobacco with strong ties to Navy tradition. I speculate that Boba's may have started out as some sort of Cuba Libre mix and evolved from that.

As a further guess I would suggest that the C&D blend he uses is either

Captain Bob's Blend
Cornell & Diehl - Captain Bob's Blend - Tobacco Reviews
Burley, Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring Caramel, Maple, Orange, Other / Misc, Vanilla, Walnut

Or

Black Frigate
Cornell & Diehl - Black Frigate - Tobacco Reviews
Black Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish
Flavoring Rum

The one added flavor I am guessing is coconut with maybe something like cotton candy/ EM in addition - and there you have a simple juice with 4-5 ingredients.

Just another possible solution to the enigma that is Captain Bob's Bounty er I mean Boba's Bounty :)

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
Could be wrong but, the C+D mix was originally called Marley after Marlboro hence the Red and White background. He received a Cease and Desist letter from them. In spite he renamed it C+D....

You are right, nothing to do with Cornell & Diehl. Ben's also has already commented, no NETs.

ColinD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
London UK
Thanks I bow to your superior knowledge - for me at a 40% mix and not producing a 0 nic version it absolutely points to a NET. But if he has said not -so be it. Just put in another order for 100ml - have to get it through a distributor which is way more expensive - so when you have the clone let me know :)

You are right, nothing to do with Cornell & Diehl. Ben's also has already commented, no NETs.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks I bow to your superior knowledge - for me at a 40% mix and not producing a 0 nic version it absolutely points to a NET. But if he has said not -so be it. Just put in another order for 100ml - have to get it through a distributor which is way more expensive - so when you have the clone let me know :)

What distributor?

There are many Boba clone site's and only one that sells the true Boba's Bounty...Avejuice.com

Curious to see if there are others that sell this.

vapolator

Apr 17, 2012
France
"NET" is a generic term wich mean all and nothing today. Generally wrongly used with "infused like tea" tobacco wich are absolutly not extracts. You get extracts in the same way than homemade whisky (not exactly but the global process is the same : "distillation").

You mark a logical point on the nicotine side btw, no 0mg on the whole tobacco line but you have this 0mg in the sweet and premium lines. I can't ignore that with all efforts of autopersuasion and all "ben said" of the world, like i don't believe than he use a minimal amount of flavors. If i was in his situation (i will be very happy firstly), i will say all and nothing to protect my golden cow.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I could make a flavoring very weak, with PG, VG and nic added to this and boast that my juice is "100% flavoring"..... :)

I think Ben is just being enigmatic with the hints regarding BB. Why would he give any solid hints to his masterpiece???

If I was him, I would not say ANYTHING. Simply say that it is super-secret or something!

Any juice made with "normal" DIY flavorings with 40% total flavorings added would not be vape-able, IMO...........

Perhaps this number could be ignored. The taste is all that matters here. {Just thinking out loud} :vapor:

ColinD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
London UK
Exactly, with the exception of purely manufactured flavours using 100% chemicals- then all flavours are extracts of some type. I would think that most tobacco flavours have a base flavour extracted from tobacco leaves ie a NET. Is it a NET if you extract with alcohol? Is it a NET if you with other chemical methods - I guess not - but the end product is the same?

"NET" is a generic term which mean all and nothing today. Generally wrongly used with "infused like tea" tobacco which are absolutely not extracts. You get extracts in the same way than homemade whisky (not exactly but the global process is the same : "distillation").

You make a logical point on the nicotine side btw, no 0mg on the whole tobacco line but you have this 0mg in the sweet and premium lines. I can't ignore that with all efforts of auto persuasion and all "ben said" of the world, like i don't believe that he use a minimal amount of flavors. If i was in his situation (i will be very happy firstly), i will say all and nothing to protect my golden cow.

ColinD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
London UK
Good points but with the one exception - using a 20-40% strength VG/PG tobacco extraction is actually the norm. In this case he or his supplier would be using VG to extract the tobacco flavour. so it is already diluted so to say.

I could make a flavoring very weak, with PG, VG and nic added to this and boast that my juice is "100% flavoring"..... :)

I think Ben is just being enigmatic with the hints regarding BB. Why would he give any solid hints to his masterpiece???

If I was him, I would not say ANYTHING. Simply say that it is super-secret or something!

Any juice made with "normal" DIY flavorings with 40% total flavorings added would not be vape-able, IMO...........

Perhaps this number could be ignored. The taste is all that matters here. {Just thinking out loud} :vapor:

Last edited:

Holer

Jun 19, 2014
United States
I've been reading this thread for a long time, Wanted to thank everyone for the input. I made the Slohand #7 recipe a few months back I really liked it, I had never tried real Boba's so I ordered a bottle, When I opened the bottle and smelled the first thing I thought of was FIGS, So I dripped some and tasted Figs and that's pretty much it. A couple months later and still all Fig. I really like it but it was nothing like the Slohand #7. Anyone else got some recently that was all Fig?

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
I've been reading this thread for a long time, Wanted to thank everyone for the input. I made the Slohand #7 recipe a few months back I really liked it, I had never tried real Boba's so I ordered a bottle, When I opened the bottle and smelled the first thing I thought of was FIGS, So I dripped some and tasted Figs and that's pretty much it. A couple months later and still all Fig. I really like it but it was nothing like the Slohand #7. Anyone else got some recently that was all Fig?

I know what you mean by fig, but I think that's just how the flavors play with each other. I'll say it again. I'm pretty sure Ben had no idea his juice would be perceived as complex by the customers. It's probably true when he says its very simple, it's just that his flavorings play together in a weird way. I know this to be a recurring theme in ejuice as I mix for friends.

When I tell them exactly what it is before they take a drag, they say "nice job, nailed it". When I don't tell them what it is and just have them guessing.. they'll say my banana nut muffin recipe tastes like coconut pie with a hint of lemon.. or my tobacco recipe tastes like waffles. Part of what makes this juice stand out from all his other recipes is that there's no description available, which makes people's thoughts wander like crazy.

I will say that people who taste cherry and coconut are probably off, and the whole oatmeal/raisin/fig/cookie taste that people get is most likely the tobaccos playing around with flavor. The only non-tobacco ingredients are probably very simple and unoriginal, like vanilla, toffee, caramel, maybe a cream.. things along those lines.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
I have to say all 2190+ post of this thread have been entertaining. This has to be one of the longest running hi-jacked threads I have ever read through.

I really like Boba's but now need something with 0 nic (maybe <3mg), since Boba's is offered in a minimum 6mg nic I am looking for something similar. So I guess I'll start with Buffaloguy's recipe and see where it goes - or there is that other 'Bounty' I might give a try first. Thanks to all who worked valiantly to produce something worthy of mixing.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I have to say all 2190+ post of this thread have been entertaining. This has to be one of the longest running hi-jacked threads I have ever read through.

I really like Boba's but now need something with 0 nic (maybe <3mg), since Boba's is offered in a minimum 6mg nic I am looking for something similar. So I guess I'll start with Buffaloguy's recipe and see where it goes - or there is that other 'Bounty' I might give a try first. Thanks to all who worked valiantly to produce something worthy of mixing.

It won't go anywhere (similar to past efforts), but it couldn't hurt to post in this thread to help show a demand for "No Nic Added"/"Nero Zero" Bobas.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/alien-visions-e-juice/576831-petition-near-zero-no-nic-added-bobas-bounty.html

Mr. Buttflakes

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Missouri
Well...I'm back at it. A couple years ago I tried so many flavor combinations to nail Boba's, but failed like many. This thread sparked my interest for one more go at it, and everyone's attempts on here fueled it even further. Just got some of my new flavorings in and hoping to strike gold this time around with the wealth of knowledge this thread and others have, and with the help of others attempts/recipes/flavorings to see how they compare to the original and go from there.

He say's it's so simple, but if that were the case all of us would be making it by now.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Well...I'm back at it. A couple years ago I tried so many flavor combinations to nail Boba's, but failed like many. This thread sparked my interest for one more go at it, and everyone's attempts on here fueled it even further. Just got some of my new flavorings in and hoping to strike gold this time around with the wealth of knowledge this thread and others have, and with the help of others attempts/recipes/flavorings to see how they compare to the original and go from there.

He say's it's so simple, but if that were the case all of us would be making it by now.
The nice thing about this thread is that it allowed to make 3 or 4 new juices that are even better than boba lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread