Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
London UK
Why did he call it Boba's Bounty? Boba Fett - Star Wars? Bounty as in chocolate coconut bar? Boba's tobacco shop? Bob A?

My guess on the recipe would be something like

Flue cured tobacco extract or RY4
Coconut
Chocolate
Ethyl Maltol

Let us know when you have cracked it because out here in Asia we have no chance of getting the real deal :-=)

Last edited:

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
Why did he call it Boba's Bounty? Boba Fett - Star Wars? Bounty as in chocolate coconut bar? Boba's tobacco shop? Bob A?

Coconut
Chocolate
Ethyl Maltol

Let us know when you have cracked it because out here in Asia we have no chance of getting the real deal :-=)

Ben has mentioned no Chocolate (see post #393 for the link). The recipe we see the most, is like that of the thread starter, Black & Mild, Coconut, and EM. I think most would say that's comparable to Bounty Hunter, but not really on the mark for Boba's Bounty.

Having vaped BB, GG and AVE Flue Cured a lot though, I'm nearly certain flue cured extract is in Gorilla Juice, and in turn, from what Ben has mentioned previously, that means it should be one of the tobaccos in Boba's.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
This one should be the best receipt we have till now, right?

I guess so but I haven't tried any of the "SloHand" recipes yet. I have the flavors on order but they haven't arrived. I've made the "glassmanoak" recipe from earlier in this thread several times and it's become one of the "go-to" recipes in my rotation. I vape it probably about 3 times a week. I have no idea how close to "Boba's" it is but it's really good:

TFA Brown Sugar 1%
TFA Cinnamon Danish 2%
TFA Banana Nut Bread 4%
TFA Graham Cracker 3%
WL Commercial tobacco 1% Wizard Labs
FW Coconut 1%
TFA Smooth 1.5%

Thanks,

Norman

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
I'm starting to have second thoughts about the black mile plus. I think it needs a different tobacco . It's starting to turn into a coffee taste after it steeps, for me anyways. The vapor room's Turkish tobacco is actually really good for mixing maybe ill slip over tomorrow and pick some up and try it with slohand's recipe.

SimboSlice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Chicago
he's a star wars geek; it has nothing to do with boba tea; thats just too wild of a coincidence. If he did extract from Tea then he would have to list caffeine in the ingredients - even if it is a minute quantity. Which he does not.

Coconut
Chocolate
Ethyl Maltol

Last edited:

Esteeffu

Feb 6, 2013
Texas
This one should be the best receipt we have till now, right?

I'm using this ATM and it's really good. I did change it a bit as I'm using flavorings from Flavor West instead of the brands he used. It was a bit cinnamony so I halved that and added a bit more Black and Mile, then added a touch Cotton Candy. I'm not sure a perfect clone will ever be made but the recipe in the original post and this #7 are close enough for me to not have to deal with Ave's issues.

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
The Black cigar (from Vz, haven't tried ECX version) was not a good match for me either, at more than 1% it overpowers the mix. I was getting some hints of the elusive raisin notes with my last mix (using TA,TE, and snus NET). Just a couple drops of the black cigar per 10 mL really rounded out the eitano recipe. The juice was awesome (better than the original for me) but was brutal on my coils. I was having to dry burn gunk off about twice a day. Because I'm not sure the snus added anything to the flavor, but was the most likely source of coil gunk, I'm going to try again with just the TA,TE and a few drops black cigar.

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
The Black cigar (from Vz, haven't tried ECX version) was not a good match for me either, at more than 1% it overpowers the mix. I was getting some hints of the elusive raisin notes with my last mix (using TA,TE, and snus NET). Just a couple drops of the black cigar per 10 mL really rounded out the eitano recipe. The juice was awesome (better than the original for me) but was brutal on my coils. I was having to dry burn gunk off about twice a day. Because I'm not sure the snus added anything to the flavor, but was the most likely source of coil gunk, I'm going to try again with just the TA,TE and a few drops black cigar.

Gunk from the NET, or maybe the Cherry, since it has sugar in it (I'm not sure which version you're using, SloHand's #7 didn't have Cherry, but the ones I saw from eitano did, along with the black cigar).

I'm not using the TPA Graham Cracker or Cinnamon Danish, but I'm assuming they're sugar free and not causing the gunk.

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Gunk from the NET, or maybe the Cherry, since it has sugar in it (I'm not sure which version you're using, SloHand's #7 didn't have Cherry, but the ones I saw from eitano did, along with the black cigar).

I'm not using the TPA Graham Cracker or Cinnamon Danish, but I'm assuming they're sugar free and not causing the gunk.

Using Lorann Natural cherry, but I can't rule it out. My other NETs have been pretty rough on atties. Bobas is a little rough on atties IMO but nowhere near the NETs I have made. When my coil gets gummed up with bobas, dry burning smells exactly like burning pipe tobacco (vanilla?) to me. Mine smell like burnt hair. Maybe I should try a lighter extraction. Hypothetically, which actual tobaccos would you think are in bobas? I'd like to hear people's ideas. My guess would be flue cured and some pipe variety. Apparently there are 3 tobacco elements?

Ok I'm done rambling. :)

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
Using Lorann Natural cherry, but I can't rule it out. My other NETs have been pretty rough on atties. Bobas is a little rough on atties IMO but nowhere near the NETs I have made. When my coil gets gummed up with bobas, dry burning smells exactly like burning pipe tobacco (vanilla?) to me. Mine smell like burnt hair. Maybe I should try a lighter extraction. Hypothetically, which actual tobaccos would you think are in bobas? I'd like to hear people's ideas. My guess would be flue cured and some pipe variety. Apparently there are 3 tobacco elements?

Ok I'm done rambling. :)

Depending on your NET process, you might be getting particulates, which if you've ever tried burning really moist/wet tobacco, sometimes doesn't smell too awesome either. I don't mess with home-brewed NETs, as I don't really understand how the tobaccos are treated (though obviously it's still safer than smoking it).

Back to the links I posted in #393, yeah I think it's 3 tobacco flavors. In the past, DIYflavorshack had several tobacco flavors, maybe Ben used. I think it's likely a combination of 3 of the tobacco types on his site. Since I swear I can taste the flue cured in Gorilla Juice, and he's mentioned 1 of the 3 is in both, that's 1 of them in my mind. I've never tried his others like Havana Gold, but from the majority of these recipes, I'd assume there's a bit of a cigar type as well.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Vaped this for the first time today. I Don't know if the Super Concentrates from VZ require steeping for the Cigar flavoring I used, and I have no idea what Boba's tastes like.... but so far, it's really good. It's a light coconut taste w/ a cigar-ish base. I detect little to no chocolate and I'm glad I didn't use more coconut flavor because it's perfect where it is. I'm going to let it steep further but so far, I likez it.

Levitas: Black Cigar is the same as Black & Mild, they had to change the name due to copyright infringements.

I finally had what I needed to make a decent clone. Only I used regular cigar from VZ instead as it's supposed to be about the same, but not as chocolatey. Used my own EM solution for the cotton candy and Coconut Extra instead of the VZ kind. Also used a 50/50 mix pg/vg as I do not do 100 VG at the moment.

Have not tried it yet but it smells good. TO compensate for the VG decrease (Pg seems to carry flavoring better IMO) and the fact that I used different brands, I used the following deviation
2% Cigar S.C. from VapingZone
1% Coconut extra (TFA)
1% E.M. concentrate (DIY'd from E.M. crystals)
50%pg/50% vg 5ml batch

In my experience, the coconut extra is super potent so I definitely didn't want to add too much.

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Vaped this for the first time today. I Don't know if the Super Concentrates from VZ require steeping for the Cigar flavoring I used, and I have no idea what Boba's tastes like.... but so far, it's really good. It's a light coconut taste w/ a cigar-ish base. I detect little to no chocolate and I'm glad I didn't use more coconut flavor because it's perfect where it is. I'm going to let it steep further but so far, I likez it.

If it's like batches I've made, the flavors will change as it steeps (just like Boba's does). Over time, mine have gone from tasting like pure honey (early on), to chocolate milk, to raisins, and finally settles down after about two weeks into a nice complex tobacco-y mix that changes subtly all day long. I've lost one batch that I revisited a month or so later that was amazing....It generally gets better and better as it ages, though it's usually gone pretty quick since I only make 15-20 ml batches at a time so I can keep tweaking the recipes.

The real appeal of Boba's is it's complexity of flavors.... and also why its so difficult to duplicate....like trying to nail Jello to a wall....

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
I've not tried the real thing, so it may not matter that what I'm about to do is not an attempt to match BB. Here's what I'd like recommendations for to start a test for the #7 recipe so popular here. All of my current flavors are TFA:

I don't have that B&M or Black Cigar, and I probably won't start another account somewhere to obtain it. I do have Captain Black and thought I'd use that. Are there any recommendations on how to simulate B&M using CB. What percentages?

WL doesn't offer Cinnamon Danish Swirl, but I have Cinnamon Danish. How does the Swirl differ?

I'm not going to place an order for just one or two flavors, so I come up a little short on another flavor, Graham Cracker, but I have Graham Cracker Crust. How close are these?

Like I said, I've never tried the real BB, so if whatever I end up with is a pleasant flavor, I'm way ahead of the fact I've never had any BB.

Thanks for any help.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
but the recipe in the original post

Do you mean opening post? This one:

I got it, can't tell the difference. I have a real bottle here, everyone I let smell it says they can't tell the difference. The flavor is dead on. It may not be exactly what he uses but I can't tell the diff.

I made a 5 mill bottle.

24mg nic
100 vg
6 drops of black and mild flavor
2 drops of cotton candy
2 drops of coconut

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Just my opinion, Captain black tastes nothing like cigar (which would probably mean nothing like B&M either, as I'm told the flavors are very similar) I have only tried one cigar flavor so far (the flavor called cigar) and it tastes nothing like any tobacco flavor I have tried (and I've tried 10-15 I'd say). To me Captain Black is not a strong enough flavor on it's own. It's best when added to a stronger cigarette type flavor. So if you have any cigarette type flavors, I think you'd be better off w/ that. Both Cigar and B&M have a chocolate note so a chocolate flavoring would probably be recommended.
Never tried graham cracker crust but I imagine it's close enough to the regular graham cracker to be ok.

I've not tried the real thing, so it may not matter that what I'm about to do is not an attempt to match BB. Here's what I'd like recommendations for to start a test for the #7 recipe so popular here. All of my current flavors are TFA:

I don't have that B&M or Black Cigar, and I probably won't start another account somewhere to obtain it. I do have Captain Black and thought I'd use that. Are there any recommendations on how to simulate B&M using CB. What percentages?

WL doesn't offer Cinnamon Danish Swirl, but I have Cinnamon Danish. How does the Swirl differ?

I'm not going to place an order for just one or two flavors, so I come up a little short on another flavor, Graham Cracker, but I have Graham Cracker Crust. How close are these?

Like I said, I've never tried the real BB, so if whatever I end up with is a pleasant flavor, I'm way ahead of the fact I've never had any BB.

Thanks for any help.

Esteeffu

Feb 6, 2013
Texas
Do you mean opening post? This one:

Actually looking back I'm not using the opening post recipe. I thought he had graham cracker in it. I've been using the #7 recipe but the cinnamon isn't doing it for me. The other recipe I'm going back to is:

8% Vaping Zone Black Cigar (Black Mile Plus is the same smell and taste to me)
8% Flavor West Coconut
8% Flavor West Graham Cracker
8% Flavor West Cotton Candy

These %'s are using the Ejuice me up calculator. I'm stick with this. It's a close enough taste to suit my needs.

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Yep, I've fiddled with the original recipe in a variety of ways (varying flavorants and percentages), and it's a great base for making a Boba-like juice. While most of the variants have not hit the "magic clone" button, they are great vapes in their own right.

Part of the fun of DIY are your "mistakes" :)

Last edited:

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
Boba's Clone #7
Black and Mile Plus 40.0%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl 20.0%
Almond oil 20.0%
Coconut 7.1%
Graham Cracker 7.1%
Vinegar 5.8%

Made this tonight. I ordered all the flavors linked and they actually arrived today. Freaking UPS tried to deliver the almond oil and I was at work. They left a note saying it would be MONDAY before they could redeliver! Anyways, I went to Kroger (super market here) and actually found a huge bottle of almond oil in the organic section. I snatched it up and promptly returned home to play.

My first batch I got the mix all wrong. I have never done DIY before so the %'s were way off. I think i mixed a batch of 50% flavor -lol- It actually wasn't bad in the small bit I vaped. When I started really feeling the oil coat my mouth, I knew something was wrong; so went back and re-evaluated what I did.

Finally got an ejuice calculator, and mixed up a proper batch. I am so happy! This stuff is awesome. I know you are supposed to let it steep, but Boba's was my all day vape, and I have been w/o too long to sit on my hands. I had to drop some in a carto and give it a wirl, and wow! I am sorry, as I do not know who came up with the ratio's, but this stuff is wonderful. I do believe it was Slohand with the recipe and Levitas with the ratios? I really am sorry and want to give the maker their props, but I'm bleary eyed reading through this whole thread. I can no longer recall :(

**edit** Levitas has let me know he did not create the ratio or the recipe, so just wanted to clarify this **edit**

It's not the exact same thing as Boba's Bounty, but the heart of it is there. I still wonder how it is with that cherry that was mentioned. It's good enough a clone that my taste buds can't tell the difference. If they were side by side, I would most likely be able to pick out the original, as this doesn't feel as "heavy." I don't know how else to describe what is missing, but the flavors are still pretty spot on. I honestly do not know how I am going to be able to let this stuff sit untouched for a week. Pretty positive it will all come together even more, if I could just keep my sticky fingers off the bottle, but..my..will..is...........

Shyt, I gotta make another batch

Thanks so much you guys! It's really a nice juice and I am so picky when it comes to my vape flavors, I only have 3-4 I can stand! This is def one of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread