Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I just read on an other thread that different post offices around the country are on strike and juice orders are being held up....... your BP could be sittin' in one of those PO's

*fingers crossed*

I had an order from a vendor I won't name in this forum but, it seemed to take a lot longer than usual to get to me. I think you might have a point.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Quick update.....
Spoke with the postal supervisor this morning about my missing Buzz and accesories and he said that it is still nowhere to be found. Said that if it had been returned by whomever it was delivered to, it would show in the system as they immediately rescan it.
He apologized all over the place and said that there isn't anything more they can do. They searched all the other mailboxes, their office too and they have no more answers.
It's been 7 days since it was misdelivered and the post office is now saying they're sorry but it's out of their hands now. :(

Oh well, someone else is the proud new owner of a Buzz Pro. I really hope they know what it is and are using it properly as I had the most horrible thought about that.

This was my first Buzz and not sure how it's marked or what kind of paperwork is included in it, but what if the person that has it thinks it something else.......you know, Buzz, rechargeable powerizer batteries and charger. OMG, I hope they don't use it as one of THOSE toys!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I have very mixed feelings about the post office. Most of the time, they do a very good job. But when they screw up, it can be pretty major.

long story to follow

When I was 20 years old, I lived in an older house that had been converted into four apartments. Two downstairs, and two upstairs. I lived downstairs in the back, and there was a family who lived in the front. One of the reasons I'd moved there was because I had a dog, and the kitchen had a door that led to the fenced back yard.

After living there several months, I had a problem. Apparently the mexican family living in the front of the house liked to do laundry and air dry it hanging on the fence, and they claimed my dog was grabbing the laundry, sometimes ripping it when it hung on the fence. And the guy threatened to take my dog away. I told him that if he'd put up a normal clothes line, the dog wouldn't be able to reach the clothes.

Well, right about that time, my mail stopped showing up. All the mail to the house (all four "apartments") went into one mail box. And when my mail consistently didn't show up, I thought the guy that was mad at my dog was taking the mail. I went to the post office and asked if there was any reason I wasn't getting mail, was told no. And for several months, the "no mail" problem continued.

During that time, I asked at the post office several times, and was told there was nothing they could do, that they didn't know what the problem was, etc. Of course, I told them I suspected that guy, but that I didn't know for sure.

So finally I got tired of it, and bought a big red envelope with a birthday card (mostly so that it would be easy to see and recognize from a distance). I went to the post office, made one last inquiry about not getting mail, and explained that I wanted to mail the red envelope, then watch the mail main deliver it, then sit and watch to see who took my mail. I figured that if I could say "I saw him take my mail", then that's a federal crime and I have actual evidence, not just "I suspect".

They told me it would be delivered the next day. So the next day, I took the day off work, I sat across the street on a neighbors porch reading a book and waiting for the mailman. When I saw the mailman coming down the street, he skipped right past my house. Didn't drop off anything. I went and asked him "Don't you have a red envelope that is supposed to be delivered there?" and he told me "We don't deliver to that house, there is a bad dog".

My dog was a small beagle. And my dog was mute, couldn't have barked or growled if he'd wanted to. And my dog was always either in the house, or fenced in the backyard.

The postman tried telling me that the dog at my house had barked at him and he was afraid to deliver. I don't know what dog he's talking about, but it couldn't have been my dog. Maybe some stray happened to be there when he came by sometime, I don't know.

I raised hell down at the post office, and they started delivering my mail again. That was 30 years ago, I'm still ...... at them. Not so much because they stopped delivering for a nonsense reason, or even because they didn't *tell* us that they were going to stop delivering, but because I went to the post office and *asked* then, multiple times, if they knew why I wasn't getting any mail, and they lied to me. They told me that they didn't know why, that there wasn't a problem.

But they knew why, and they had a big box with a ton of mail in it that because they had been setting it all aside. And when I'd go ask, they would go in the back, smoke a cigarette or drink a cup of coffee or something, and come out and tell me "We've no idea why you aren't getting your mail".

So don't give up on that buzz. They may stick it somewhere for months, and lie to you about it when you ask, and then suddenly deliver it.

And when they tell you "we looked", you should assume that means "What, are you crazy? We're government employees, we aren't going to look. Go away".

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Wow I am sorry to read about your problems. I've had problems with the post office myself of late. Heck just today I was expecting a delivery of cartomizers went and checked my mail there was a key for a box but the box was empty. Decided to check all the other boxes and it turns out my mailman had put my cartos in an unlocked box on accident. Glad I went out 5 min after they left.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Terri will give you a call on monday to get it replaced , Damn USPO !!!!!!!!!!!

Email us with your order # etc so we can get on it ok ?

Mike you are just the best! I just saw this thread and it was cool that Ma'am could keep her sense of humor about it all. I have noticed that my packages (not from Mike) are taking extra time to deliver too. I had no idea about the strike until I read this thread.

I hate that this happened but kudos to Mike for replacing it :)

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Terri will give you a call on monday to get it replaced , Damn USPO !!!!!!!!!!!

Email us with your order # etc so we can get on it ok ?

Another example of why Mike, Lorri, Terri and the whole notcigs family is tops in my book. All you can ask for is a General who looks out for his troops.

Mike you are a Mentsh and I grateful I found you 11 months ago. I'd like to think I'd be 14+ months smokeless without you, but I do know you've had a major roll in my recovery from BT.

Thanks !!!!

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Another example of why Mike, Lorri, Terri and the whole notcigs family is tops in my book. All you can ask for is a General who looks out for his troops.

Mike you are a Mentsh and I grateful I found you 11 months ago. I'd like to think I'd be 14+ months smokeless without you, but I do know you've had a major roll in my recovery from BT.

Thanks !!!!

THanks all ! I cannot let her take the fall on this because of USPS !!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
We know that you couldn't Mike. One of the things that we love best about you :) Trust me when I tell you that there are tons of posts on this forum about lost packages that other suppliers let their customers take the loss :( And I might add that the loss would not have been near as great as a BP.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
I might have to loan her one until I get my PCB's in stock ! I have some ugly old Beta units for her to use so I will get her some thing until I can build a new one .

It's alright, we can just wait. My Mist Woody Buzz looks to be almost done, that will tide me over for sure! :)

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
It's alright, we can just wait. My Mist Woody Buzz looks to be almost done, that will tide me over for sure! :)

They should have the veneered tubes today (we overnighted them on Saturday) but I'm not sure what Mike's PCB situation is. Hopefully he gets them soon. He's leaving Thursday for VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread