My Darwin came BROKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
I decided to completely edit my original post. When I first posted it, I was extremely upset and needed to vent. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone or upset any of the Darwin fans out there.

Perhaps someone who owns a Darwin can answer a couple questions for me...

1. Is there supposed to be play with the female USB connection on the Darwin? When I plug the male connection of the USB cable into my Darwin, there is quite a bit of play. Isn't it supposed to be mounted?

2. Assuming there is supposed to be some play in the charging port on the Darwin, can anyone tell me why? I don't really understand what benefits would come from having so much play in the charging port of any device.

Thank you.

Last edited:

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
It FINALLY came???
You do realize the post office was closed until Tuesday, right?

That is shipping in 2 days.

I don't have a Darwin, but if I had a problem, I would contact the place I bought it from. Surely something will be done to remedy it.

However, with your attitutude, not sure how far you will get.

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
Yea, it was pretty much just venting.

Apparently, the Darwin has no indicator to show it is charging. When I contacted Nhaler, the first person I spoke to told me there is some type of charging indicator but I think he misunderstood me. I am pretty sure he thought I was asking about the remaining battery charge indicator, which works perfectly fine (I hope).

Nhaler told me to contact EVOLV and then EVOLV told me to contact Nhaler. I am not really sure what is up with that because I was under the assumption that EVOLV handled all the replacements, repairs, etc.

Drew from Nhaler told me there is no battery charging indicator. Bummer.

I am still concerned about the charging port on the unit itself though...there is a LOT of play in it. When I attach the male connection at the end of the USB cord into the the female connection on the Darwin, I can almost make it do an entire 360. I'm not sure if they are supposed to have this much play in them...hopefully someone can give me some information about that.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
There is no indication when the battery is finished charging. The little battery symbol on the screen will just show that it is full. You can’t overcharge so no real worry. I just charge overnight while I’m asleep. Charge when the battery is showing half full, don’t drain it.
The female USB port should not be loose. I would send it back.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
They won't allow me to send it back.

EVOLV told me to contact Nhaler about a refund or a replacement...and Drew told me the female connection on the unit is supposed to be like this. I had a feeling it wasn't because it seems really unnatural.

Sigh...I guess I'm pretty much screwed.

I am very surprised to see this. There must be some kind of new policy because I just sent mine to Evolve less than a month ago and the turnaround was four days. I would email or call back and ask what has suddenly changed. They are known for excellent service. I certainly have been very satisfied with mine. My USB port is as you would expect. Doesn't move at all.
Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Email: Brandon Ward <brandon@evolvapor.com>

Try emailing Evolv. They handled warranty on mine as well. My Darwin feels like it's built tough enough to hammer nails though I wouldn't. I will say I adore mine!!

Also.. Nhaler has a subforum here you could post in: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Oh man. I am sooooooo tempted to offer this guy 1/2 price for it if he doesn't get a fix from the vendor/manufacturer.... then fix it.

OTHO.... If I were you, OP, I'd find out if it is charging 1st. Try to reinforce the connector 2nd... even if I had to find someone into electronics and have them take it apart (carefully) and re-solder the connector. This, of course, is all with the understanding that it would void the warranty.

Of course, go for the warranty/repair 1st. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread