My Ego spinner battery exploded

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dang I just got a Spinner and am afraid to use it now. As I thought about trying to return it (not), it made me wonder why we don't hear about B&M stores burning to the ground with all the batteries they must have in storage. It also made me wonder about how expensive their insuance must be.

Not to down play the OP but I have been enjoying my 1300 mAh Vision Spinners for well over a year and have no complaints at all. Things can and do go bad from time and I am sorry that this happened but we would be doing a disservice to so many folks if we make a mountain out of this incident just because once in a blue moon something like this happens. JMHO

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Think I'll go for the provari since i already have 2 barely used aw 18650 batteries and the trustfire TR-001 charger.

For what it's worth, that's one of the reasons I bought a Provari - the safety issues. Although he still uses them, my boyfriend made me pretty paranoid about the possibility of the batteries exploding in our Twists and Spinner. The Provari gives me a LOT of peace of mind.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Not to down play the OP but I have been enjoying my 1300 mAh Vision Spinners for well over a year and have no complaints at all. Things can and do go bad from time and I am sorry that this happened but we would be doing a disservice to so many folks if we make a mountain out of this incident just because once in a blue moon something like this happens. JMHO

I've had no problems with the spinner batteries up until this incident. I really like the size of these,and the chance to vv.
I find it highly unlikely this would happen again,so using it like I always have.

I went ahead and ordered the provari today. I wish i had bought it ages ago,but like so many,i've gone through the different stages before ending up with the provari.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had no problems with the spinner batteries up until this incident. I really like the size of these,and the chance to vv.
I find it highly unlikely this would happen again,so using it like I always have.

I went ahead and ordered the provari today. I wish i had bought it ages ago,but like so many,i've gone through the different stages before ending up with the provari.

I know it had to have been a very nerve racking experience for you but now we can all say "Congratulations on your Provari purchase" :)

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
I have the volcano Lava tube and it fires my Pro tank 3 without issue?

QUOTE=Frankster79;11945411]No it wasnt locked, but should have cut off before getting too hot.
I Haven't looked into a new setup in the longest time since i've been happy with what i got.
I'll go for the provari since i already have 2 barely used aw 18650 batteries and the trustfire TR-001 charger.
From what i gather I can use those batteries with the extension cap.
I have a lavatube laying around,but it wont fire my kanger protank,guess i will need some sort of thread extension for that.[/QUOTE]

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
^ Yeh, I've had a Vamo sitting in my backup cabinet for over a year along with all the batteries and charger. I got a Spinner and a Slip for backup as good deals. So far all my ADV juices taste best at 3.3 anyway or, at the most, 3.7... so yeh backup but I don't consider it wasted money... backups for my backups ya know. :)

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I had a kanger ego upgrade bramd new go crazy, when i put a evod on it nothing lit up, i wasnt even holding it, i heard sizzle and popping, picked it up it was hot.
Had to take the evod off the battery.
It cooled down but then wouldnt turn on, put it on the charger and it made a high pitched eeeeeeeeeeeee sound, unplugged it and it was hot
Never used it again.
I still habe it because im unsure of just throwing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread