My first All Epoxy Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my hope is that I can get it molded before all the "knock-off artists" out there take my idea and start having them mass produced in China.

My biggest worry in this whole thing is that I am going to pour all the blood, sweat and tears into developing it, and then a week after I get it going, I will see a knock-off of my design being sold by one of the 'big players'.

I have several other innovations in the works that I have not posted here for just that reason, but this design is the one that I am most looking forward to getting out there. I wouldn't have posted it here either, but I just had to see if it was going to be accepted by vapers before I proceeded and put a ton of time into it (which I already have now).

I know exactly how you feel my friend. Don't let it get to you and keep moving forward, slower you are the tougher it is. But try to have fun with it as well, if you burn yourself out it can be even worse than slowing down a bit. I know after day after day of non stop work and nights with 4 hours of sleep I began to get quite grumpy and questioned if it was worth it. Putting tons of money into this and that, only to scrap it, running into problems and reworking your ideas time after time adds to it even more.

But I find that when you solve a problem, make progress, or just plain get a idea working perfectly it outweighs the negatives by leaps and bounds. Your little mod looks to have many of its growing pains out of the way, streamline production now and enjoy making your mods. I can tell you have the modders fire burning within you, so many great little projects you have.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Mr P
I could not agree more.
I'm working away for a few weeks and find it hard to get online.
I have about 30mins to try to catch up with everything what is going on.
I'm amazed that the ecf have not sorted out your status yet!!!!!!!!!!
But for every one who forgot what you look like here he is.

HP
Keep going, it will be worth it, in the end.
Speak soon.

Petercro................

Attachments

• puff.jpeg
    puff.jpeg
    1.9 KB · Views: 221

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Any updates on this, Highping? If you cannot post here due to "supplier authorization limbo", then please PM me with where I can find out more.

Also, is there any chance of a cartomizer-friendly version? I ask because the connector-end of the atty is recessed, and if you tried to use an adapter, you'd never be able to get it out.

Last edited:
i know how worried you are about someone stealing your design but
i would love to try to make one of these, with your permission of course. and it would be strictly for personal use. get at me!

I am pretty sure Highping would not mind you making yourself a mod for personal use. If he wanted to be secretive, he wouldn't post any information to begin with. Im hoping that his disappearance is due to him working up something special, like molding his little creations. Maybe he has some secrets now he doesn't want to advertise until completion which is a pretty smart move.

I think what he was meaning with his statement was that he would put all this work into a design only to have someone undercut him and and sell them which is something that wouldn't sit right with anyone trying to get started with a small buisness.

Anyways it is very nice of you to ask permission, hopefully highping can give you a answer himself.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Sorry I've been away for a while. Been working on perfecting some of my mods (and just working)

Mr Puff and Petercro: thanks for the words of encouragement. I am definitely going to keep moving forward with my ideas even if I don't sell anything.

Thorn: I don't want to raise the atty side any because you won't be able to get to it to unscrew the atty. If I make a strictly carto version (which I will), I will bring the side up some for it.

candre23: I'm not in supplier limbo, because I have not sold anything yet. And at this point, I have not even made the decision to sell yet. I am hopeful that I will be selling, but there are a few things I have to figure out before I take that leap. (which is what I have been working on the last week or so.)

Classic_Crisis: Feel free to try to make one of these yourself. It would be nice to see what someone else does with it. I've made 4 of them and each one is slightly different.
Mr.Puff was exactly right with his take. I don't mind others making them for themselves. I just don't want to put in all the development time and then not be able to compete with a knock off. I realize that knock-offs are inevitable, which is why I am trying to get a technique down that will allow me to sell these for a price that will be difficult to compete with right outta the gate. It's like I'm knocking off my own design to stay ahead of the game. ;)
Anyway... "the pocket vaper" (?) is getting close to its final design, so it won't be long now. (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread