Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Kidding about the kick....but can I with a Aw IMR 18350? I probably won't need to. How long before I have to send it in for repair? Ha ha again. How much does repair generally cost? Roll eyes.
Pyres, I bought an extra bottle and tube. Now please tell what flavors to not use in these plastic bottles. I've been using glass Pyrex tanks and dripping Atties.
i have a Phoenix rba. Is this good? What do I look for when shopping Atties for bottom feeding. Does it say bottom feeding. Just throw some brands out there. I've been a member too long, 7 months, to have any doubts about it being a decent investment.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Gratz indeed!. I have been fighting my inner demons to not click the buy button myself. It's a shame Rob didn't mess up a Red Metallic 2.1 or even a Grand to put in the blem section. Or maybe a good thing(glancing at my checkbook). I would not be able to pass that up, nor a buy a REO get a REomizer free sale LoL.

Enjoy your new baby Faylool! And yes, I believe you can kick it with an 18350 battery.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Kidding about the kick....but can I with a Aw IMR 18350? I probably won't need to. How long before I have to send it in for repair? Ha ha again. How much does repair generally cost? Roll eyes.
Pyres, I bought an extra bottle and tube. Now please tell what flavors to not use in these plastic bottles. I've been using glass Pyrex tanks and dripping Atties.
i have a Phoenix RBA. Is this good? What do I look for when shopping Atties for bottom feeding. Does it say bottom feeding. Just throw some brands out there. I've been a member too long, 7 months, to have any doubts about it being a decent investment.

There are several RBA's known to work, Phoenix is not one of them. The reomizer, a7, a7 mini, hornet, era and surface all will work on a 2.1. I dont mention chalice (it works) because it is sold out. I believe if you are looking at RBA's, you should check if they are for bottom feeders or not sealed.

I will add that since I started using RBA's with my mini 18490, battery life is significantly less, so kicking would deplete even quicker? I would just shoot for a LR coil rather than to kick?

Oh, You should also have at least one extra spring.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Nice to see you again, Faylool :)
Really sticky flavors are watermelon and cinnamon and some of the stronger cigars and tobacco flavors. But those two appear to be the worst. They can be cleaned, but it takes a little work. Don't forget that the biggest culprit with lingering flavors is the o-ring found in the bottle cap. So when you're switching incompatible flavors, you'll need to wash, boil, or soak it too.
Repairs are on a per mod basis...meaning it depends on what he has to do to the mod to fix it. I think a typical full parts replacement used to be about $20. I would contact him for details.
Yes, you can kick the Mini 2.0 & 2.1 though the vape time really does suffer with the higher wattage and the smaller battery so not many of us do it. We did it just to play around and see if it could be done, but we don't vape it that way.
The Pheonix is cool, but it's a dripper, not a feeder. It can be modified, but it hasn't been done successfully by many. Most just gave up and tried something else. You can use the Hornet RBA for sure...but if I remember correctly, the Mini 2.1 will have a bigger catch cup so it will fit other RBAs like the Reomizer, A7 and ERA, etc.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Ah Lovely info. Great start. Thank you everybody. I think I'm wanting the hornet but it's $79. Must wait on that. Hmmmm. So I'll check out the others mentioned and maybe find something in stock no more than $20. I want to be able to play around with the kick. Just to have the option is good in case maybe a coil I make needs it or....
My 18350s are already very short lived. At least I have six of them. I have the protected 18500 x3 so they will be busy. Stay away from sticky juice and I do vape 70/30 PgVg. Larger catch cup more atty selection. (. :

*ok. I need a ready to go atty Bottomfeeder attomizer at this time. I'll read the threads for some good options....unless anybody knows? 2.00 thru 2.5 ohm -ish.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Got in the the co op that Milkdudes007 told me about for the A7 and A7 mini. Looks attractive and priced right.
I do want to use something besides my 510 Joyetek standard resistance Attomizers which I use for dripping but I gathered they are usable for bottomfeeders too. Which HH 357 ( number might be off) standard resistance is the right one? $20 or so and sorry if I'm so fly buzzing around but I guess I'm extremely literal minded and if it doesn't spell it out for me on a website description that this is "item" is good for bottom feeders" especially Reos I am unsure it's the right thing. Premade Atties so when I'm frustrated with my efforts to make my own. And the best premade wick and coils for the A7 and A7 minis. I spent hours trying to pin this stuff down last night and it's the first thing on my mind this morning, after coffee and vape of course

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
The A7 is a great value in RBA's and will work well with your 2.1. As to your 357, I would recommend the HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer in your choice of resistance and color. They can be spitty and the long barrel will help cut down or stop the juice popping onto your tongue through the drip tip. I also like the Vapage hybrid attys although you have to be careful not to over tighten them as the positive pin is longer than a normal atty. Poor man's 357 is what I call them.

No idea on premade coils for the A7. It really is much easier than you think it will be to make your own. Once you get one right, you pretty much have it down and the A7 is a pretty easy one to work on. Just follow Hildicats squished coil method with 30g Kanthal A1 and cotton balls. Stellar vape! You can get 100ft of 30g Kanthal A1 wire on ebay for 6-7 bucks and cotton balls are every where.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
(. : Relief. I'll check out the poor mans atty

I have been using the A7 for a couple months now. I find they are great, good build SS and easy to make a coil. The only drawback is the connector post on the bottom. It gets pretty loose when lowered enough to make contact in the REO's. I found a couple pieces of carto condoms beside the post will hold it steady. I usually just pop on a adapter when I use them. They have been known to cause shorts with that wiggly post. My daughter had about 7 shorts with collapsed springs. I can't say for sure if it was the post or an error in building the coil.

I am picking up three of the A7 Mini's in the co-op. For me I can't see spending the bucks for a HH357 when you can pick up a A7 for half the price.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I second (or third) the A7 suggestion. Love that thing. A7 mini is not bad either, but I find it more difficult to build since it's smaller. And it holds less juice cause of that.

I haven't noticed much flavor creep even between completely incompatible. One of my juices (hi-c tangerine, very citrusy) stained the inside of the feeding tube, it's now a very pretty neon yellow. I ran some hot water through the tube, it's still yellow, I can smell citrus if I sniff it, but when I load some tobacco juices, I can't taste it.

The bottle itself is LDPE, so it shouldn't "crack" or otherwise be destroyed with cinnamon or acidic juices. I assume the tube is thick silicone and should not be affected either.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Oh that's good to hear re messing up plastic bottle with things like cinnamon. Any stains will bug me! At least they can't be seen. not good about wiggly contact. Is this a new quirk or old one? Hmmmmm

I bought mine a couple months ago and the post on that batch was wiggly. I bought some more and they are also. Some people are doing different things to get the post more stable. Even though it has that one problem I will buy more as stated. I find I can a way to make it stable and am very pleased at the performance. At that price I can afford to run a RBA. I just don't have the funds to buy multiple of the more expensive ones.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Well nerak I changed my co op order to mini hoping it won't wiggle! I'm used to Phoenix a little anyway. It seems by the time an atty wears out or whatever there isn't much more need for very many. But I also pyrex glass tank and carto. So if I want to put a little tank and carto on my Reo will it be top heavy? I get the idea Reo is light. But I lay my tanks down all the time!

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Faylool ... if you are still thinking of an out-of-the-box bottom feeding atty, you might want to give the Vapage hybrid atty a try. It was made for their bottom feeders and works great on the REO's. I have found them to be a real work-horse atty and so long lasting with no messing around (have one on the REO that has never even been cleaned yet in almost a month and still vaping like a champ). Out of all the atties I have tried so far (granted that isn't many by a long shot), this is the one I'll be sticking with simply due to ease of use. I'm not someone who enjoys fiddling with things so this fits the bill perfect for me.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Right Fisherpal. I looked it up (Ratman called it the poor mans 357) and unfortunately my standard resistance was not available. Probably out of stock. I'll buy a 2 pack when they come in. Or is Vapage the only site that has them? Probably huh?
And I finally got the extra key to reading about Atties for Bottomfeeder. It needs to be unsealed. I'll be eyeballing all this soon and itll all seem straight forward. Also read the threads of the connection get wet too. I'm chronically cleaning connections threads etc. I even use a tooth pick and bit of cotton fluff to get all of it anywhere. So I guess not with Reo. I think I'll go read the user PDF manual right now on the reo site. Thanks you guys. Making a lot of sense. Correct any wrong something I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread