My first RDA setup - The Results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yes, have understood this a while now. This and my aforementioned lack of desire to "fool around" with electronics chips is what has led me into Mech Land. :) I'll take on using Ohm's Law and calculators to help over having something decide for me.

And yes, I know we've spoken of this great "comprise" too. :)

Ohms Law still applies. With a regulated device we just have 2 different incidents with it. The coil side and the battery side. Having to reference a Ohms Law Calculator to ensure you are working within your cells limits on your mech is your prerogative to which I respect – but this thread is not about coils on a mech.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That's not what I was asking you or the person I asked about doing .20 - .25. I believe I might possibly "achieve a vape I want" at .20 - .25. I'm simply unsure how @Zaryk is "achieving a vape I want" at .20 - .25. I thought it was an ABC conversation that could be answered by @Zaryk without confusing the thread. It was simply a question of SS or NiC, not directed to you even.
On unregulated, if you can build SS to the wattage you want, it will climb in ohm as it heats, emulating TC. NiCr will remain more or less a constant ohm.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Having to reference a Ohms Law Calculator to ensure you are working within your cells limits on your mech is your prerogative to which I respect – but this thread is not about coils on a mech.

So I see/saw/seen. Apologies for asking what I thought a simple question that did not seem to have impact. Perhaps you better send someone to think for me.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
So I see/saw/seen. Apologies for asking what I thought a simple question that did not seem to have impact. Perhaps you better send someone to think for me.

It is a simple question, that deserves a well considered answer. The problem arises that by asking it how and where you did, you both confused your question, with the one being discussed in this thread. Thus, neither question gets the attention they deserve.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
@MyMagicMist

Im running tri-core fused Clapton all n80 coils. My .2s are 26 x3 wrapped in 40 and my .25s are 28 x3 wrapped 40. Using a thinner gauge and making parallel coils (basically same as mine without the wrap) should get you close to what you want.

Thanks, kind of figured NiCh was likely how you were "getting there". Got some 40 ga wire here but find it difficult to work. Might try triple core SS though, the ga of it is 26.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Agree with the members before me, who see you using this forum for attention seeking purposes.

It was not about that, at least not on my end. I read what another person wrote regarding their set up. I asked them simply how they got there from here.

They now have responded. Matter would have solved itself without any involvement from others, who took it upon themselves to interject. I did not realize this thread was about running only regulated devices. It does not express that in its title "My first RDA setup - The Results...".

What I thought in reading that title was the topic/subject matter being discussed was RDA setups/builds. There was no specification up front that it required regulated devices only. Ergo, another member mentions their results of a setup they use, I thought it reasonable to inquire about it.

The attention came though when others interjected. The thread kept going nonetheless and likely would have even had they not interjected. I asked a question and did get an answer. Didn't need all the interjections. Then, I'm called some kind of attention .....? Bull!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It was not about that, at least not on my end. I read what another person wrote regarding their set up. I asked them simply how they got there from here.

They now have responded. Matter would have solved itself without any involvement from others, who took it upon themselves to interject. I did not realize this thread was about running only regulated devices. It does not express that in its title "My first RDA setup - The Results...".

What I thought in reading that title was the topic/subject matter being discussed was RDA setups/builds. There was no specification up front that it required regulated devices only. Ergo, another member mentions their results of a setup they use, I thought it reasonable to inquire about it.

The attention came though when others interjected. The thread kept going nonetheless and likely would have even had they not interjected. I asked a question and did get an answer. Didn't need all the interjections. Then, I'm called some kind of attention .....? Bull!

These forums are kind of on the slow side, not a whole lot of new stuff being posted often. This causes some thread derailment, background chatter, over explanation of simple questions, and (in this case) posts being picked apart and over thinking or misconstrue their true meaning.

This place can be a huge wealth of knowledge of all things vape, and a great resource to be a part of. But it can also be quite harsh, usually on slow days. Best just to overlook the off hand comments and move on rather than replying and feeding into it.

But that's just my opinion and will likely also attract some off hand comments.

Reactions: MyMagicMist

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
No worries, and I wasn't thinking of you MyMagicMyst when I wrote that. Just from the way you write, you are clearly an intelligent person.

What is good about this site is much of the advice is of the truthful kind, versus the kind that my local vape shops spew. I'd support them if they weren't full of kiddies who just make up stuff to sell products. It's great that there are sites like this where people can get some insightful information, including the risks we assume when vaping.

Reactions: MyMagicMist

HepcatNZ

Jul 10, 2019
Morning World,

I didn't get a chance to try closing the airflow some @Mordacai as I put a new build in this morning. Wicking I understand is important but as I'm new to this I have no idea who, how or where, yet.
At the moment I'm working with some Cotton Bacon which I got as extra on one of the orders. I find one strip of that is totally impossible to get into a 3mm diameter coil(which all of those are), so I break it down to the point where I can wick 3-4 coils from a single strip. No idea if that's right or wrong, any advice here would be appreciated.

If you say so... That was the original plan btw, if this first setup worked out I was gonna get another one for indoors that was gonna be single coil for reduced juice consumption and focused more on flavor then clouds. But so far it's not looking good for this plan...
LE: The Tauren Solo was actually at the top of my list for a while for this plan @Mordacai but further google research hinted that the flavor is not that great on that one, and that it's more suited for bigger coils at higher wattages then smaller coils at lower wattages. What's your experience with it, do those statements ring true to you?

So the new build I tried today, I went back to 2 alien claptons at 0.45 each(as I enjoyed that type of coil the most from everything I tried so far) and I built it exactly like in the pictures @greek mule , and... nope!
Didn't help with the heat much, lost a lot of flavor too and the hit isn't as good. Definitely as close as possible to the airholes is the way to go on this atty like @Morgan_Drury recommended in his thread.

Now, ASSUMING I'm gonna decide to sink even more money into this and try to get over my aversion of having to build my own coils, here are some wires I would have easy access to, advise me please which one or two I should pick and what builds I should try with them:
(the first 2 are the ones I would most like to get, but knowing me you're probably gonna say those are exactly the worst to get because then I would get the same results/problems I have now, right?)

- Stagger Fused Clapton SS316L 0.85Ohm/m, (26AWG+32AWG)*2+32AWG;

- SS316L Juggernaut core 2* (SS316L 0.32mm + SS316L 0.1mm), exterior SS316L 0.1mm * SS316L 0.5mm;
- SS316L 0.44mm (25 AWG);
- SS316L 0.39mm (26 AWG);
- SS316L 0.32mm (28 AWG);
- SS316L 0.6mm(no AWG mentioned, but online converter says it would be 23);

Then a couple of 317L SS which I'm guessing I shouldn't use as the manual of my mod only mentions 316L.

And then even 3 titaniums, no idea what's better SS or Ti(maybe a little explanation of how each works?), up to you:

- Ti 0.5mm;
- Ti 0.4mm;
- Ti 0.3mm;

While you choose those please keep in mind I'm gonna need more info on how TC works and how to run it. Back in the day when I first tried it on a Kangertech Topbox you could only adjust the temp, so it was easy enough to figure out.
But now on these newfangled devices it seems that in temp mode besides being able to adjust the temp you can still adjust the wattage, what's that about?

P.S. An even bigger ASSUMING(I'm just too lazy to format another one) what about those mesh RDA's, like the Wotofo Profile for example, would that give a hit more similar to the Luxe 0.2 qf mesh coils? I mean they're both mesh right? And what's the juice consumption like on a mesh rda, is it gonna be significantly higher then on a mesh sub-ohm tank?

P.S.S. Don't missunderstand @Susaz the temp of the actual vapor was never an issue, so there was nothing to get used to in that regard. Even when I tried maxing it out(90W on hard mode with boost at 150% and 2 secs) just to see how big a cloud I could get(it was pretty big and nice and fluffy) the vapor never got uncomfortably hot. If only the damn metal parts of the atty could take a hint from the vapor....

Last P.S.S.S.S.S. I promise. Not gonna do it too often, but I assume that a couple of hits every now and then running it maxed at 90w hard mode with boost set at 150% and 2-3 secs is safe for the single Samsung 30T, right? I mean after all that's why I got that baterry cause you guys said it was better suited for higher wattages.

HepcatNZ

Jul 10, 2019
Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
These forums are kind of on the slow side, not a whole lot of new stuff being posted often. This causes some thread derailment, background chatter, over explanation of simple questions, and (in this case) posts being picked apart and over thinking or misconstrue their true meaning.

This place can be a huge wealth of knowledge of all things vape, and a great resource to be a part of. But it can also be quite harsh, usually on slow days. Best just to overlook the off hand comments and move on rather than replying and feeding into it.

But that's just my opinion and will likely also attract some off hand comments.

I hear you & don't have intentions of exiting the site. I like you can see it as a valued resource. Thanks for your answer again. :)

Reactions: Zaryk

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I used to have a similar problem until I tried out these notched coils.... I swear by them now.. no hot hits. Fashion Accessories Notch Coil SS 316L Heating Wire 0.2ohm Premade Prebuilt Coils Big VAPE for Electronic Cigarettes RDA RBA RTA Atomizers | Wish dot com

or try
WISMEC Cylin RTA Atomizer Notch Coil 0.25ohm (5pcs) 4.9USD VapeSourcing

Wow. Notch coils? I've got a box up for grabs, just pay shipping. 2 missing, as the leg immeaditly broke off the one I tried first.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
These hateful things... :lol:
I was going to put 4 in one day for S&G but never got around to it.
EZhFZdO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread