The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My first RDA setup - The Results...

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by VlKlNGS, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Ohms Law still applies. With a regulated device we just have 2 different incidents with it. The coil side and the battery side. Having to reference a Ohms Law Calculator to ensure you are working within your cells limits on your mech is your prerogative to which I respect – but this thread is not about coils on a mech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    On unregulated, if you can build SS to the wattage you want, it will climb in ohm as it heats, emulating TC. NiCr will remain more or less a constant ohm.

3. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2014
    WV, USA
    So I see/saw/seen. Apologies for asking what I thought a simple question that did not seem to have impact. Perhaps you better send someone to think for me.

4. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    It is a simple question, that deserves a well considered answer. The problem arises that by asking it how and where you did, you both confused your question, with the one being discussed in this thread. Thus, neither question gets the attention they deserve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    @MyMagicMist

Im running tri-core fused Clapton all n80 coils. My .2s are 26 x3 wrapped in 40 and my .25s are 28 x3 wrapped 40. Using a thinner gauge and making parallel coils (basically same as mine without the wrap) should get you close to what you want.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    Agree with the members before me, who see you using this forum for attention seeking purposes.

7. MyMagicMist

Mar 28, 2014
    WV, USA
    Thanks, kind of figured NiCh was likely how you were "getting there". Got some 40 ga wire here but find it difficult to work. Might try triple core SS though, the ga of it is 26.

8. MyMagicMist

Mar 28, 2014
    WV, USA
    It was not about that, at least not on my end. I read what another person wrote regarding their set up. I asked them simply how they got there from here.

They now have responded. Matter would have solved itself without any involvement from others, who took it upon themselves to interject. I did not realize this thread was about running only regulated devices. It does not express that in its title "My first RDA setup - The Results...".

What I thought in reading that title was the topic/subject matter being discussed was RDA setups/builds. There was no specification up front that it required regulated devices only. Ergo, another member mentions their results of a setup they use, I thought it reasonable to inquire about it.

The attention came though when others interjected. The thread kept going nonetheless and likely would have even had they not interjected. I asked a question and did get an answer. Didn't need all the interjections. Then, I'm called some kind of attention whore? Bull!

9. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    These forums are kind of on the slow side, not a whole lot of new stuff being posted often. This causes some thread derailment, background chatter, over explanation of simple questions, and (in this case) posts being picked apart and over thinking or misconstrue their true meaning.

This place can be a huge wealth of knowledge of all things vape, and a great resource to be a part of. But it can also be quite harsh, usually on slow days. Best just to overlook the off hand comments and move on rather than replying and feeding into it.

But that's just my opinion and will likely also attract some off hand comments.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    No worries, and I wasn't thinking of you MyMagicMyst when I wrote that. Just from the way you write, you are clearly an intelligent person.

What is good about this site is much of the advice is of the truthful kind, versus the kind that my local vape shops spew. I'd support them if they weren't full of kiddies who just make up stuff to sell products. It's great that there are sites like this where people can get some insightful information, including the risks we assume when vaping.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HepcatNZ

HepcatNZ New Member

Jul 10, 2019

12. HepcatNZ

HepcatNZ New Member

Jul 10, 2019
  13. mimöschen

mimöschen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2016
    Notch coils in general don't have the best reputation around here. Or anywhere else.

Me personally, I don't like them at all.
    Flavor is muted at best, the leads have a tendency to snap and they're quite expensive for what they are.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MyMagicMist

Mar 28, 2014
    WV, USA
    I hear you & don't have intentions of exiting the site. I like you can see it as a valued resource. Thanks for your answer again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    Wow. Notch coils? I've got a box up for grabs, just pay shipping. 2 missing, as the leg immeaditly broke off the one I tried first.

16. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    These hateful things... :lol:
    I was going to put 4 in one day for S&G but never got around to it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    That might just be enough to get decent flavor out of them...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Legs would have broke before I got them all wicked... ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    And here I believed ECF when it says you're a vaping master... Guess I shouldn't believe everything I read here...

20. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    Challenge acceted.... And failed. Four is a no go in the drop dead, at least for me. I'd have to say, slightly mutes the flavor of this atty, but brings some life to the notch, @ 100w. Got three good puffs til a leg melted. IMG_20190710_114326_2.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.