Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
All valid points.
Btw how about you @gpjoe , can you give me any details on the juice consumption when you use your Profile please? How many ml per how many puffs, and at what wattage? Or are you in the same camp as @Zaryk using only mechs?

With my SKRR sub tank and it's 0.2 qf mesh coils at 65-70w I go through about 10-15 ml and around 250-300 puffs per day. If I where to get the profile(or some other single coil atty if for whatever reason we decided the profile is not good for me) later on for a second "inside the house" setup I'd really like it if I could ideally beat that juice consumption, or worst case scenario at least match it. Would that be possible?

Good night peeps, see you tomorrow.

I'm sorry, it's tough for me to say. I have at least 9-10 different devices in play all the time and just grab one and vape. The best I can do is say what I stated above: Using the Profile RDA at 35 watts on my Pulse 80 I get through one full squonk bottle per charge on a 3000mAh battery. Never really counted puffs, and I have no idea how much juice I'm using.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
I've also spent a lot, but still cheaper than smokes.

One way to save some is to find an inexpensive tolerable ADV, and save the better and more costly juice for dripping on a RDA. Nicotine salt can save some $ too if used as it's meant to be used, a few puffs here and there to get over the cravings, then put it down.

Fortunately there is plenty of relatively inexpensive gear available that is good enough if it lasts a year. $25 for a new mod or tank isn't such a big deal when we consider a carton of smokes is $80+ in the USA.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Ok... I don't have enough piping corn for all that. I got through the first two pages. I run a drop dead, with SD316l dual semi-exotic, in wattage mode, at 90-160w, with no burnt lips unless I'm a nozzle and over drip... Which is why I love my DRSQ on my squonker...did we get this solved?

Single coil, quad, alien, maybe tiger or hive... Staggered twisted Clapton ftw. Dual coil it'll You'retake a couple puffs to fully heat up below 80w, but it'll work, sorta. you're going to be heating the RDA up. The plastic won't disperse the heat like aluminum would, and you're not going to be able to suck down three mLs with out a break... But it'll work well enough.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Looool, I don't even know what half of what you said means @HigherStateD , will have to research and find out. ;) So yeah, not solved so easy, but I appreciate your input.
. TL DR drop dead is doable in double coil with fancy 316L wire at or below 80W. It's no where near optimal, but if you slightly modify your vaping style, you should be able to suck down a mL or two in a few minutes. Single coil would be better, and obviously, a different RDA would be a better choice. Low mass like a staggered staple over spaced would give you something of an exotic Instagram look, and faster ramp than say, a juggernaut or some other piece of modern art

Attachments

• 1954.jpg
    1954.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 21

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Actually that hunk of metal in the your picture wouldn't look half bad in an atty. Loool, just kidding.

Ehhhh, sooo much to learn, so little time...

Thank you guys for everything, lets just see how that wire works out for now, I've decided to order it(and a coil jig) in the end. Should arrive next week on Monday-Tuesday.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate behavior

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Warm yes but not hot. If you have the proper setup it shouldn't get hot.

My good old Velocity V2 stays reasonably cool. On the other hand, this newly acquired Pulse 24 gets quite warm, but I've only built on it twice so far, and definitely hoping it runs a little cooler after some more experimenting with coils and placement. The Velocity is taller so that's a factor.

Regardless, I've never been burned using a RDA so all good :)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The way I vape, lots of chain vaping, my rdas get nothing more than slightly warm. And I use a lot of small, low profile rdas with .2-.25 ohm coils on a mech (which is between 70-90w roughly). So as long as the rda is designed right, and the build is positioned properly, the rda should not get hot.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The way I vape, lots of chain vaping, my rdas get nothing more than slightly warm. And I use a lot of small, low profile rdas with .2-.25 ohm coils on a mech (which is between 70-90w roughly). So as long as the rda is designed right, and the build is positioned properly, the rda should not get hot.

I agree 100%.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Hello World,

Well, I'm back with the results and the situation doth not look pretty...

So the stuff arrived yesterday and I played around with it all day yesterday and a last ditch effort today.
The parallel stuff was a no go, tried spaced and non spaced, tried more wraps tried less wraps, tried 3.5 diameter coils tried 3.0, etc. No matter what I did eighter it wasn't helping much with the heat or the hit sucked .......

So, today, last ditch effort, I figured I'd try a simple build single coils(no idea how many wraps, didn't even bother to count, don't even think my coils have equal wraps, loool) and, it got a bit better, somewhat...
Reading at 0.91 ohms and running at 60w definitely helps with the heat, at least now I can get a bunch of hits, even chained and while it does get warm(maybe even a bit more then it should, I don't know) it doesn't get hot anymore to the point where my lips are in trouble.
The hit is also good and satisfying, the flavor could be better but honestly I had lost hope by this point so I didn't bother positioning the coils too well, so that's on me, think I can get better flavor out of it if I build it better.
The clouds on the other hand...!!!! They don't compare to the alien coils even if I max it out at 90w. :((

So basically what I managed to achieve(with a bit of tweaking) would be a good build for inside the home, but this is my outside setup where I totally want way more clouds, and atm I have no idea how to achieve that without heating it up...:cry::cry:

So in conclusion, so far, for outside, the only choice I have, as I see it, is to put the alien coils back in, run it at max, try not to totally destroy my lips, and hope that the battery doesn't blow up in my face...
(like I said the battery/mod never gets hot, but someone pointed out that that's still no guarantee the battery won't vent if I run the higher wattage consistently)

Thoughts?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Hello World,

Well, I'm back with the results and the situation doth not look pretty...

So the stuff arrived yesterday and I played around with it all day yesterday and a last ditch effort today.
The parallel stuff was a no go, tried spaced and non spaced, tried more wraps tried less wraps, tried 3.5 diameter coils tried 3.0, etc. No matter what I did eighter it wasn't helping much with the heat or the hit sucked .......

So, today, last ditch effort, I figured I'd try a simple build single coils(no idea how many wraps, didn't even bother to count, don't even think my coils have equal wraps, loool) and, it got a bit better, somewhat...
Reading at 0.91 ohms and running at 60w definitely helps with the heat, at least now I can get a bunch of hits, even chained and while it does get warm(maybe even a bit more then it should, I don't know) it doesn't get hot anymore to the point where my lips are in trouble.
The hit is also good and satisfying, the flavor could be better but honestly I had lost hope by this point so I didn't bother positioning the coils too well, so that's on me, think I can get better flavor out of it if I build it better.
The clouds on the other hand...!!!! They don't compare to the alien coils even if I max it out at 90w. :((

So basically what I managed to achieve(with a bit of tweaking) would be a good build for inside the home, but this is my outside setup where I totally want way more clouds, and atm I have no idea how to achieve that without heating it up...:cry::cry:

So in conclusion, so far, for outside, the only choice I have, as I see it, is to put the alien coils back in, run it at max, try not to totally destroy my lips, and hope that the battery doesn't blow up in my face...
(like I said the battery/mod never gets hot, but someone pointed out that that's still no guarantee the battery won't vent if I run the higher wattage consistently)

Thoughts?

The problem didn't change, so the solution didn't either. That rda doesn't fit your vape style you want to achieve.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
I'm not running a single coil, I'm using 2 @HigherStateD when I said single coils I meant in terms of wire 1 strand for each as opposed to multiple strand each for the parallel ones.

Like I said @Mordacai I tried parallel coils with 2 strands and got nowhere, the heat issue was still there. I fail to see how 3 strands would not just make things worse...

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I'm not running a single coil, I'm using 2 @HigherStateD when I said single coils I meant in terms of wire 1 strand for each as opposed to multiple strand each for the parallel ones.

Like I said @Mordacai I tried parallel coils with 2 strands and got nowhere, the heat issue was still there. I fail to see how 3 strands would not just make things worse...
Damn... And I just wrapped this... Vapes well at your power reqs.

View attachment 825753

For dual, you'd need a 1.5-2mm max inner diameter with really fancy wire. Coil placement is going to be critical at that size though.

A good metaphor would be a Bugatti Veyron.
Sure, you can have a car that'll do 270mph... It'll drain it's gas tank in 12 minutes, which is good, because it'd shread it's tyres in 20 minutes... With 1.5-2mm coil, you'd be dripping every puff.

Attachments

• 15626881415541538544366.jpg
    15626881415541538544366.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread