My first snuff review: Pöschl Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a preface of me.

I have been a smoker for the past 12 years. I found ecigs about a year and a half ago and have enjoyed them since. I do still smoke, I LOVE tobacco. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes. If its tobacco and you can smoke it I like it. I recently have been trying to "quit" smoking. I will continue to smoke on occasion, but just for the sake of my breathing and getting into shape I would like to "quit". This is not my first experience with snuff. I was introduced to it a few years back at a local tobacco shop. They had Pöschl Gletscher Prise. I am a menthol head and loved every last sniffer full I had of that. Unfortunately the shop stopped carrying snuff since low sales. Central PA just doesn't seem to get the enjoyable things in life. That was the end of my snuff career. I found the Smokeless tobacco form through suggestion of firechick. That leads me here to this first review. I have never done a formal review so this may be a bit rough, but anyway here it goes.

Pöschl Red Bull

Ooh, Ooh that Smell: When I open the container a nice hint of menthol wafts out and gives a small chill to the nose. It is not overpowering and I almost wish there was a bit more menthol.

The First Sniff: The initial sniff is quite pleasant, I quick burn on the inside of the nose and then soothing menthol to extinguish the burn. The burn seems to fade a bit to quick for me. (I am a masochist when it comes to tobacco use) Where is the tobacco? All menthol without a note of tobacco. Though it is not a smack you in the face menthol.

The Fix: I haven't had a cigarette in about 5 hours or vaped in about 2 hours and I was feeling a need for one but I believe the snuff has almost done its job as far as nicotine and alkoliods that I needed. Not sure how I would rate that but I do still have that itching feeling for a smoke, it is small but I do still have that urge. (after waiting about ten minutes it has subsided)

Ten Minutes Later: Well the menthol is working its way back through my sinuses and down my throat. Seems like I stuffed a glob of vicks up my nose. I enjoy it. As I breathe through my nose a blast of refreshingly cool air fills my sinuses and down my throat. The menthol drip is also very pleasant.

The Verdict: As being a menthol head I did enjoy this snuff. I was pleased with the scent and initial burn. I was hoping for a longer burn but that was fixed with another sniff. The big downfall for me was all menthol and no tobacco. Yes I am a menthol head but I still enjoy the taste of tobacco. (sorry if I sound contradictory) I will have to give this one another shot when I need a nice blast of menthol.

The Ratings Board: In spirit of my favorite podcast VaporCast. On a scale of prunes to strawberrys I give this a solid banana.

Well there it is my first review. Hope you liked it. Please leave your comments (good, bad, or ugly) as I would like to continue doing some reviews and need your help to know how to make them better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread