Sniffed my first snuff today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
BS......Toques in general(with a few exceptions)seem to lose thier scent rather quickly.It's more of a flavor scent for me.Some snuffs such as American scotches/sweets are made for nasal and oral use.The only time I experience any flavor in the mouth(I never use snuff as dip),is after a pinch travels through the sinuses into the back of the throat.....sometimes it's pleasing(Honey Bee)...most times it's not!

Thanks again, Wiz. It's good to know I'm not losing my senses. ;)

Your suggestion to warm the snuff between my fingers is working great. I start out by taking a pinch, warming it between my fingers by pressing it, take a first sniff slightly away from my nostrils to catch any of the finer snuff, then move closer to my nose to inhale the pressed snuff, which is easier to sniff. I continue to roll the snuff forward to the tips of my fingers until all the snuff is gone.

I'm also enjoying the act of opening the snuff can and feeling the tobacco between my fingers. I think this ritual might be important to smokers trying to quit, as we all know that ritual plays an important part in the habit.

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
You might try Molens Latakia Ao 1860

It is tobacco flavor and last long, the Molens snuffs are the longest lasting ones I have tried.

I received my 25g container of Molens Latakia Ao 1860 the other day. It's a strong, smokey, long-lasting snuff with high nicotine. It tends to make me a bit stuffed up if I'm not careful, and the throat drip burn can be a bit unpleasant. This is the strongest snuff I've ever tried, but it's what I was looking for. It's also quite moist, so it doesn't work well in a snuff bullet, but has no problem being launched from my new Pöschl Automaticbox, which I'll try to post a little review of soon.

Thanks for the recommendation. I want to try the other Dutch windmill snuffs. See this awesome article about them:

Gallery: Antique Windmills Go About Their Daily Snuff Grind | Underwire | Wired.com

Last edited:

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
I've been sampling my way through a bunch of Toque bullets since they arrived this morning and so far here are my first impressions...

Toffee: Seems to have a decent enough "tobacco" scent, but I didn't pick up toffee at all.

Original: Happy with this one all around. A little hard to define other than having a "tobacco-ie" scent.

Pomegranate: Hit with a good scent that stuck a little longer than the others.

Whiskey & Honey: My favorite so far. Pronounced initial whiskey flavor, but I did notice the honey/sweet follow-up. Wish the scent lasted longer.

Cherry: Might have "snorted" this one instead of "sniffing," but all I got from it was burning.

Champagne: Ehh. Didn't really get much scent from this one at all. I'll stick to getting my champagne from a bottle.

And breaking into my WoS tins:
Lemon Grove - Definite lemon tones that stuck around alot longer than any from Toque.

Doing my best as a snuff noob to keep things out of the sinuses... I like the bullet concept for convenience if nothing else, but haven't developed the control to keep it from shooting straight to the back of my head. Since that first hit or two I've been dumping the bullet pinch onto the back of my hand. That seems to be the best way for me to control the airflow at the moment.

From what I can tell so far there's a definite "warm fuzzy" from snuff that I don't get from a PV or snus. I don't remember getting that feeling even when I was smoking... except maybe from a really good cigar. Overall, I'm a happy camper.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I've been sampling my way through a bunch of Toque bullets since they arrived this morning and so far here are my first impressions...

Toffee: Seems to have a decent enough "tobacco" scent, but I didn't pick up toffee at all.

Original: Happy with this one all around. A little hard to define other than having a "tobacco-ie" scent.

Pomegranate: Hit with a good scent that stuck a little longer than the others.

Whiskey & Honey: My favorite so far. Pronounced initial whiskey flavor, but I did notice the honey/sweet follow-up. Wish the scent lasted longer.

Cherry: Might have "snorted" this one instead of "sniffing," but all I got from it was burning.

Champagne: Ehh. Didn't really get much scent from this one at all. I'll stick to getting my champagne from a bottle.

And breaking into my WoS tins:
Lemon Grove - Definite lemon tones that stuck around alot longer than any from Toque.

Doing my best as a snuff noob to keep things out of the sinuses... I like the bullet concept for convenience if nothing else, but haven't developed the control to keep it from shooting straight to the back of my head. Since that first hit or two I've been dumping the bullet pinch onto the back of my hand. That seems to be the best way for me to control the airflow at the moment.

From what I can tell so far there's a definite "warm fuzzy" from snuff that I don't get from a PV or snus. I don't remember getting that feeling even when I was smoking... except maybe from a really good cigar. Overall, I'm a happy camper.
Hey AllCo.....Glad your snuff made it to you! That warm fuzziness surrounds me all day long! I rarely use bullets at all anymore,I prefer to pour a portion into the palm of my hand and take a pinch or two.Your method of intake will improve as you go along. You hit the mark on the three Toques I highlighted......especially the Champagne...That may be the worst offering I ever bought from Toque!

Hope you stay a Happy Camper!!

:)The Wiz!

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
Please air out the honey and whisky and bourbon tins... 24 hour min in all honesty... the scent blossoms a bunch.

Thanks for the tip, Dred. At the moment all I have is in a bullet, but a larger tin will be in my next order. Is there a "recommended" way to air snuff out? With two 80+ pound dogs running around, I'm a bit worried about how much fur and other nasty airborn stuff might settle on it if left totally out in the open. Then again I guess that's no worse than the "regular" air that goes up my nose. :D

Laguna6866

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Central New York
Hey everybody!

Well, I did it! sniffed my first snuff(s) today. Awesome experience! What i tried was the QS Irish Cream, and the Toque Toffee.

Both have a very pleasing scent, as well were very easy to take.

The only downside for me was i got no nicotine rush what so ever! Now this very well be because I used such a small amount (about the size of an Appleseed, as recommended)

Can somebody tell me if i should use more to try and get the nic hit, or if these are generally not strong snuffs?

Also can i get a recommendation on an easy to use snuff, with great scent, as well as great nicotine rush? Thank you all!!!!:cool:

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Hey everybody!

Well, I did it! sniffed my first snuff(s) today. Awesome experience! What i tried was the QS Irish Cream, and the Toque Toffee.

The only downside for me was i got no nicotine rush what so ever! Now this very well be because I used such a small amount (about the size of an Appleseed, as recommended)

Can somebody tell me if i should use more to try and get the nic hit, or if these are generally not strong snuffs?

Also can i get a recommendation on an easy to use snuff, with great scent, as well as great nicotine rush? Thank you all!!!!:cool:

I asked that very same question in this very same thread, here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sniffed-my-first-snuff-today.html#post1034897

There were some good answers directly below that. I haven't yet got around to making another order to try some of the suggestions, but I will one of these days soon. I'm still using the snus when I need something that delivers not just the nicotine, but all the other tobacco goodness. It's probably better that way - to get used to the milder snuffs before attempting the more powerful ones.

Meanwhile, I've been working hard at depleting my Dholakia Swiss Chocolate so that I have an excuse to order the Molens Dutch Windmill Choco-Creme which is supposed to be just as good or better but with a stronger kick.

Last edited:

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Hey everybody!

The only time I get a strong nicotine rush is when using a very strong snuff, in almost all cases for me I just get the contentment. It also depends on how much snuff, some times if I use a lot of snuff I get a little nicotine jitter. If you are looking for the same sense you get when you smoke your first smoke in the morning you will have to go with a much stronger snuff. Most of the stronger ones are not really that pleasing to the nose.

For pleasing high nicotine ones

Dholkaia Ganga and Kamel
Honey Bee are three of my favorites.

NTSU, Rooster, and Bruton are snuffs I do not enjoy but they come with a kick.

So far NTSU and homemade Rustica are the only two that I have experienced a nicotine rush from. For me a rush is how I feel when I do not smoke for some time and then I have a cigarette.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hey everybody!

Laguna...Both of those snuffs lack a potent nic punch(at least for me),Dg mentioned a boatload of nicotine goodness in the previous post! If you like Menthol....Hedges it quite high in nic also!

:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread