My new Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayzo

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Syracuse, New York, United States
So I ordered a red lava tube v2. Wonder if that was a stupid thing to do since I already own a provari... Kinda looking for a stylish one as a back up but I fear the vape not being as good... Likely me playing head games with myself since all they really are is a glorified battery holder. Guess I shall see Tuesday when it arrives.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Should be interesting to have a tank that cost more than the mod its on.

Reminds me of this..

ugly-car-nice-rims.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I ordered a red lava tube v2. Wonder if that was a stupid thing to do since I already own a provari.

As someone has said before, you can never have too many backups. :D

I have a Provari, Silver Bullet, and BB. The SB & BB came before the Provari, and then it got 95% of my attention when it arrived. I love it to death, but there ARE times when I wish I had a smaller V V mod the size of the BB for when I make a quick car run to the convenient mart or grocery store.

I looked at the eGo VV14500 (too long) and the L Rider Robust VV14500 (poor reviews and short battery life). I finally decided to get a Smoktech VV Gripper for $50. It's small and light, comfortable to hold, stealthy, nice LED display, ohm & battery reader, and the fact that it uses an 18650 battery for all day use is a plus. I figured for the price I couldn't go too wrong. Like many of the Chinese mods that use pulse width modulation circuitry, it hits hotter than set, especially in the lower voltage range, but I expected that before I even received it from reading its reviews...I've compensated by dialing down the voltage.

I would really have wanted a Provari Mini for the above out-and-about excursions, but I couldn't justify the $175 + batteries at this time. Hopefully on my 1 year anniversary of quitting cigarettes I can treat myself to one.

Gripper-vv-.jpg

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
LOL ... their marketing claim is really irking you isn't it.

I don't know why but yes, bugs the hell out me.
It only does what would be very standard things these days - resistance check, battery voltage.

It's hardly the "most advanced" pv when the Provari had these functions two years ago:mad:

Santini

Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I just wanted to add if you got the Volcano's new LavaTube Version 2.0 it looks nice and I heard it works well. Another choice I think is good for around that price is get the new Bombshell Stinger kit w/ Kick that will give you a good vape and it appears to be a solid construction in my humble option. But, I think you will be fine with that choice for a back up. Happy Vaping and Happy Holidays to you and everyone else.

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
I don't know why but yes, bugs the hell out me.
It only does what would be very standard things these days - resistance check, battery voltage.

It's hardly the "most advanced" pv when the Provari had these functions two years ago:mad:

Correct it is not the most advanced and neither is the Provari a water vapor cigarette.

Step away from the single marketing rant unless you are going to rant about every companies marketing.

Dwayzo

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Syracuse, New York, United States
Ok so the Lava tube arrived. It's pretty. Tho girthy. Much larger than the provari. It vapes the same ( its just a battery holder ) I wish I could take some elements of the lava tube and combine them with the provari. I like the lava tube button the screen the battery cavity and the markings on the body more than provari. I like the size comparably and the fitting to the tank of provari. Both hit well enough and I know its in my head that the lavatube is performing better... Likely that new toy feel.

uga6u6yb.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354841110.278016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread