Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Donptal .. hi. Hello all!

I think I may have messed up and need to find out how seriously.

I made another VV based on your circuit. I messed up and left out resistor #2 (the 390 resistor in series with the trim pot). I already had it all hot-glued in before I realized I left that resistor out, wiring only the 1K pot into the circuit. I tested the circuit and it seems to work just fine without the resistor.

My question is: what would happen if the pot were turned down to less than 390 ohms? In other words, what happens if the ADJ goes close to ground? Should I recall this unit (already sent to a friend) or is it safe? I used a multi-turn wire-wound trimmer pot, so there's plenty of precision adjustment available.

Thanks, Alan

Last edited:
I place that 390ohms resistor if I'm not mistaken to raise my lowest voltage to 3.6 or something but without it, my lowest voltage will be 1.2 something. I have no experience leaving it out in poorvari but I think there's no problem with it. Why don't you try making another one with the same configuration and test it out, if you don't have any problem then there's no need for you to recall. Sorry for a very unexpert advise asnider, because I'm not (electronically). I'm just doing this in a trial and error way.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Thank you Godfather Donptal ... I appreciate it. I have another question regarding the circuit ..

I am making another and it is acting oddly. I checked the pot and resistors, all functioning properly. Nevertheless, no matter what I set my pot to, it always puts out 6.79v .. I even replaced the LM350T, thinking I had over-heated it while soldering. Exactly the same results.

What would cause this to occur? I am stumped.

Alan

I put a voltage display on my poorvari but the voltage drop is too drastic, about 1 point something in one point. So placing a voltage meter in this is not that adviseable. But I notice some improvement with the voltage in/out differential at some point:
1. if the battery is full
2. I don't know, but if I'm using LR the voltage difference is not that drastic.

@ Asnider

I also experience that in one point or another and I don't know what causing it not to regulate. A short perhaps, I'm not sure. But by checking double checking it, I somewhat manage to trouble shoot it without learning what the problem is hahaha. Sorry again for a not so professional advice, because I'm not. Are you using this in your energizer mod?

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Yes indeed, Donptal, it is your circuit in the Energizer .. I was going to change to a PWM due to the high (11-12) voltage, but decided to keep it as-is because it is working great! Love your circuit! Thanks again, Alan

I put a voltage display on my poorvari but the voltage drop is too drastic, about 1 point something in one point. So placing a voltage meter in this is not that adviseable. But I notice some improvement with the voltage in/out differential at some point:
1. if the battery is full
2. I don't know, but if I'm using LR the voltage difference is not that drastic.

@ Asnider

I also experience that in one point or another and I don't know what causing it not to regulate. A short perhaps, I'm not sure. But by checking double checking it, I somewhat manage to trouble shoot it without learning what the problem is hahaha. Sorry again for a not so professional advice, because I'm not. Are you using this in your energizer mod?

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Thanks dordas23, I'm using it now and giving it some stress test. I'm quite satisfied with its performance so far and considering its cost, I'm very happy to be the first to have it here in my country where most variable pv can only be purchased abroad and too expensive. I set my lowest voltage to be 3.6 and my highest to be 6.4 by using res.1 and 2. Just enough for me to enjoy my lr and regular atty. A fellow vaper also tested this with his hv atty and it also works fine. We can drop down our lowest vaping voltage by lowering the value of your res. 2.

you two make number 2 and 3 pinoys that are members here now,
i work in alaska and live Lipa,,tho i am not a flip
what he said about the cost of mods there is true !!! provari [case only] runs about 300 bucks USD

i have visited pvf and don't really like it much,,and not too much active participation either

so now you can pull up a chair and chat awhile ,,it all about the vape here

btw..love the size of your vv pv :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread