Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So just getting into diy and use the eliquid recipe for my calculator and recipes. Because I'm using a base I made , when I try to create and save a recipe sometimes the percentages are slightly off it wont let me save that recipe unless everything works out. One example is, in both pg and vg it's like minus 0.20 and 0.30 , which is close enough for me, but unless its perfect it wont let me save the recipe into "my recipe ". I try and fudge the numbers to where it will save it, then make a quote in the comments, but sometimes I cant fudge the numbers to work.....is there a way to save even if the percentages arent perfect

Reactions: Anise

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
is there a way to save even if the percentages arent perfect
You might try increasing the amount of e liquid to make. Example: Want 30ml of mix, increase to 31 ml.(33..34..etc...) and see if your PG/VG ratios allow your mix to balance out. Once you see where the problem is, then go back and experiment with your PG/VG ratio.
Above I'm guessing the problem, hope it helps.

Reactions: vapdivrr

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You might try increasing the amount of e liquid to make. Example: Want 30ml of mix, increase to 31 ml.(33..34..etc...) and see if your PG/VG ratios allow your mix to balance out. Once you see where the problem is, then go back and experiment with your PG/VG ratio.
Above I'm guessing the problem, hope it helps.
Thanks....so even though I'm only mixing 10mls, put in different amounts? I haven't tried that. I'm looking at it this way, if everything is close, but I have a tiny bit too much of both pg and vg, then to me it's good enough, but the dam recipe maker wont let me save it unless it's right on. I think its because I made a base of 30/70vg at 26mgs and from there am adding about 10 percent or less of flavorings to make my finished juice....maybe it's my "desired nic levels"? I put in like 24mg, as I think by adding 10 percent of flavorings my nic level will drop a couple mg...

Reactions: BrotherBob

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If you want to do it properly, use Juice Calculator and define your nic source as 30/70vg @26mg/mL. Create a recipe with that nic source plus whatever percentages of flavors the recipe calls for. You'll get accurate volumes for each ingredient, and you can configure it to show weights for scale mixing too.

(aside: ... happened to the New Calculator post? https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/diy-e-liquid/480587-new-calculator-try.html, @classwife ???)
Will try that specific calculator but I have been doing exactly what you described above and it's a constant hassle. Keeps telling me something is wrong with the mix, so I keep finagling . I can see if your making juice professionally but for a home diyer, is it that big of a deal if you have 0ne drop extra of pg and 1 drops extra of vg, just not sure why it wont save that way....

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I've had many problems with calculators, especially relating to the base. It's tiring how they ask for %'s then don't get what you tell them. Now I use Welcome To The Lab :: jusulab.
It's not completely intuitive, and there are user interface aspects I'm not sure about. But, it does allow me to use a base without finagling, and save recipes. And, the creator, as you'll see from the thread, is wide open to improvements. Take a look and don't get discouraged.
Here's the thread: Yet another recipe calculator - i had to...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just check max vg and enter 0 nic. All you really need the calculator for is flavors if you're pre mixing your base. If you're using pg based flavors the pg will be slightly higher than your target and nic will be slightly lower. Doubt you would notice either.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I use LiqCalc android app. Then I use the Base + Flavor tab. You just add your flavor % and the target amount. It then tells you how much of each flavor and how much base to use. That particular tab doesn't factor in nic strength or anything, there are other tabs that do if you want that though. Since I pre-mix my base and saved my base mix separately, I found this to be the easiest way to do it. Under the Base + Flavor tab, there is nothing for the calculator to get confused about because you only input flavor %, it lets you save your work 100% of the time.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread