Online recipe database and calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hey daath - I gave your calculator a try! Seems to work pretty well. I do not measure my nic-liquid, PG or VG in drops - I just squirt from their bottles, of which I have no idea how many drops/ml they yield. Because the flavoring I used is so concentrated, I use drops to measure only the flavoring. I did a test and the Tasty Puff bottles seem to yield about 35 drops per ml. So.... you might want to give the calculator the capability of having separate choices of drops per ml for each ingredient. I could have over-looked it, but I didn't see a way to assign drops/ml for each ingredient. This option would be especially helpful when making small test batches. I like your calculator. It's very easy to use. I'm looking forward to seeing a "I have these flavors" type of search. Thank you for all your efforts!

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks for you feedback, Janet! I appreciate all the testing :)

You're right. It has been mentioned to me before. The thinner the liquid, the smaller the drops. I am trying to think of a way to do drops/ml for each ingredient. It slowly gets more complicated to do a recipe ;) But I guess it's necessary, unless you write it in the comments like you did.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing more recipes in the base :) The "search by flavor" is gonna be a lot more fun that way ;)

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Looking good daath, it would easier if people in general would put the brand and flavor in the ingredient field, I usually put it in this format:

TW:tobacco Americano
PA: Caramel
FA: Desert Ship

If we don't say the manufacturer of the flavor you could relay screw up giving that flavors differ much between them.

Thanks,
Jeff~

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Daath - Wow - very impressive!

I have a few add'l ideas you might want to add some day:

add a hot key (whatever it might be called) that defines LF or C9V by putting the mouse over it
maybe increment a count with reviews maybe it's 5 star for 5 people - or a mix - good information
allow other people to comment under a given recipe

Now you have a website.

Thank you for your impressive efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread