Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I can't wait to try this. I wasn't getting enough out of the prefilled carts I was buying and cartomizers just, I don't know they just aren't doing it for me. I like dripping but don't feel comfortable doing that at work or at peoples houses, etc. I also bought a PCC that cartomizers won't fit in because of the plastic covers on the ends but carts will fit. Can't wait to try this - have some carts I ordered (accidentally actually) coming in tomorrow. I thought I ordered cartomizers and now I am glad I didn't. Will let you know what comes of it. Wish me luck because I have been struggling with this e-cig thing. Love them, don't get me wrong, but convenience is a must sometimes.

YEP - love it!!!! This is awesome - thank you so much!

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
I LOVE this mod- it works just as well for me as the cartomizers do. I cut about 1/3-1/4 piece of filling though- fill my cart with juice, then use the piece that I cut for on top. When it starts to taste dry, I poke the filling down into the juice, move it back to the top of the cart (with a toothpick that I carry with me) and continue to vape, or I just top off with more juice. I've been using this mod from you for the past month or so!!

Heartbskts

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio
You can perfect this mod to suit the polyfil density, juice fluidity and your vaping habit by using these two steps:

1. overstuffing the polyfil a little
2. standing the cart up, presuming you've filled it, polyfil end down for about a minute (this largely depends on your vaping habit, ie. less time for frequent vapers).

Then, if the polyfil hasn't soaked up to the rim of the cart, pulling the polyfil out slowly until you see the juice line and then cutting there. That way you match both variables. Works for me when I switch to new poly or PG/VG mixes. Conversely, if juice starts coming out in under 30 seconds then you need to make a denser pack...unless you're a vapin' fiend!
I love this idea!!!!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
has anyone tried this with E9 or 808 cartomizers? I just put straws in a couple of mine and it was a real pain getting them in. They do vape better though.

I haven't used straws in cartomizers. When I watched those videos, they were putting straws into cartridges, not cartomizers. What I do to help cartos vape better is to make sure I don't overfill them. When it's time to refill a carto, I drop about 10 drops into the filter. Much more than that will overfill it, causing the filter to be too saturated, with not enough air inside the carto, so the filter can't breathe - resulting in having to puff harder, very little vapor, and an unpleasant vaping experience.

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Switched to a new atty today, started getting burnt taste again. I was like no not again, right when I thought I found the perfect mod. I popped off the cart, my Bridge was bent over to the side. This caused my plastic cart to heat up and stink. lol
I just used a small screw driver to bend it straight. Yay FIXED!!! lol

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I should post in this thread, if only to thank you for the simple but ingenious mod!

After using this for 2 weeks, I can vape for 4-6 hours on a 801 cart before refilling/topping off.

I threw my springs, foam and straws in the bottom of my desk drawer, why bother, this works great!

Keep 'em coming HP, good vaping :vapor:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I can't imagine vaping without using the Super T Wide-Mouth drip tip. I have two of them and plan on buying more. This might be a nice cart mod, but I just can't switch to using carts. I don't mind dripping three drops into the atomizer every nine drags. It's like lighting a cigarette and takes no time at all, and the flavor is the best, with no taste of any kind of filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread