MyBlu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWalker

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
NM
I would love it if you could post pictures and details of replacing the coils. I can rewick them but I just don't know enough to replace the coil. I might not have thin enough wire lol. Glad you figured it out.

No pics yet but this is my method:
1. I used these premade coils & wicks I already had laying around for a couple years. They were perfect as is. There are obviously already tutorials for replacing wicks so I will skip opening up the pod. Mine were 1.8 ohm but I would like to try 1.5. Less than $3 for 50 of them. You can wrap your own but these are ideal.

2. Use an exacto knife to pull old coil out and put new one in and fingernail clippers or scissors to trim the wick. These are the only 2 tools one needs.

3. The MyBlu coils are not soldered in they are connected by being pushed into a small slot on the larger connecter tabs that run down through the pod and connect to battery connection points.
The small slots are so tiny it is difficult to see without really good light, a magnifying glass could help but I didn't use one.

4. I use my exacto to lift the coils out of these slots. You might have to use the exacto to slightly bend this slot open to lift the old coil out and push the new one in.

5. I did not trim the excess "legs" of the new coil until it was in place but you can trim first might be easier. I trimmed to excess coil off w. the clippers. You may have to nudge the slots closed if you open them too much.

6. I trimmed the wick the same length as the stock wick.These wicks are the correct diameter and sealed well. This is important that the wick seals.

Reassemble the pod and done.

To summarize:
Open pod as you would to replace wick
Use exacto knife to lift the old coil out
Use exacto to push new coil in
Align everything and close pod
Fluff and trim wick proper length as the stock wick
Fill w. juice and vape.

I do wrap coils and you can do your own but as MyBlu coils are so tiny it was easier just to use these premades as they were perfect in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread