MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I tried the eleaf Icare and they were horrible. Sold them them off right away. I am now trying the Kangertech ToGo mini, it's much better than the iCare. But nothing close to the flavors of the myjet.

View attachment 639211
In terms of flavor.
1)MyJet
2)Hadaly rda (Twisted Kanthal, 0.6ohm, 2mm diam)
View attachment 639215
3)Serpent Mini RTA
Last) Kanger TOGO.

Rebuilt Pods.
View attachment 639213

You can honestly say the MyJet has better flavor than a Hadaly?

Don't get me wrong I quite literally haven't touched my Dripbox160 or my Hadaly, since I'm basically using the Myjet full time for the satisfying vape (Stealth, Throat hit@24mg, and heat).

But it's flavor, while much better than the Juul or iCare, isn't near Hadaly levels. [iCare was an absolutely garbage vape, no airflow to the coil :confused:]

I ordered some Kayfun clones and a Artery Nugget v2 on fasttech, because I basically want to try and replicate the MyJet vape in a small package, but not have to deal with the pods [dryburning and rewick works but is tempermental and a hassle].

If they made a rebuildable pod for the myjet I'd be a pretty happy guy, but I do look forward to the potentially better flavor from the Kayfuns.

I'm even going to go for the same setup as the myjet, 28AWG 7 wraps @ 20W, to try and simulate it.

I ordered the SXK Kayfun Mini V3, SXK Kayfun Mini V5, and the SXK Rose V3.

Reactions: David Wolf

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
You can honestly say the MyJet has better flavor than a Hadaly?
For sure. The Blueberry pods from Beyond Vape are the best vape I have ever had. They are so addictive. IMHO they are the perfect vape. (Just wish it lasted longer, had more juice)
The second best vape is my rebuild pods.

But it's flavor, while much better than the Juul or iCare, isn't near Hadaly levels. [iCare was an absolutely garbage vape, no airflow to the coil :confused:]
The Hadaly is good, but not as good as myJet in terms of flavors. I have been using the same juice on multiple devices for tasting. Flavors you can't even taste are so smooth and strong on the MyJet.
I am using Pale Whale Last Light.
On the MyJet: You can taste the berries and cream on the exhale. On the inhale you can taste vanilla and almonds. It's so freaking good,
On the Hadaly. You get a warm vape, but not even close to the same flavors. Hardly taste the berries, maybe a slight cream. And a heavy oaky taste. I would not consider buying this juice again if I haven't tried it on the Myjet first.

I had no idea how good juices can be until I tried them in myJet.

If they made a rebuildable pod for the myjet I'd be a pretty happy guy, but I do look forward to the potentially better flavor from the Kayfuns.
I KNOW!! that's what I want. I thought maybe if they made the pod from Aluminum. The plastic just don't last.

I'm even going to go for the same setup as the myjet, 28AWG 7 wraps @ 20W, to try and simulate it.

I ordered the SXK Kayfun Mini V3, SXK Kayfun Mini V5, and the SXK Rose V3.
Today I received my Kayfun V5 SXK mini from fasttech. Haven't had the chance to try it. I notice the chimney is very small which I think will bring great flavors.

Last edited:

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
No problems with charging but had 2 batteries go bad. One would not work or charge the other started auto firing and cooked a POD. With no POD the LED flashed for days until I put it in an package to ship back for warranty. Are you sure it is oxidation and not arching?

Yeah if I clean/scrape the contacts it works flawlessly until they oxidize again.

Basically it will magnetize in, but not light up. If I finagle it you'll see the LED kick on and off.

I scrap the contacts with something, a penny, tweezers, whatever is around it works like a champ, but of course if these were at one time coated with some oxidization resistant metal that has worn away for sure at this point.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Sounds like they are arching because those connections are chrome or stainless steel. I happened to be on the phone with Josh at My Vapors about my warranty and he asked if you could take a picture so he could see it. Now if you didn't get them from My Vapors I doubt they could warranty yours but I will be glad to forward the pictures to them. Great company and customer service.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Sounds like they are arching because those connections are chrome or stainless steel. I happened to be on the phone with Josh at My Vapors about my warranty and he asked if you could take a picture so he could see it. Now if you didn't get them from My Vapors I doubt they could warranty yours but I will be glad to forward the pictures to them. Great company and customer service.
Well I'd assume they would any time the connections "debounce" from the plug
which would cause it to oxidize quicker, similar to the buttons/firing pins on a mechanical mod

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Arching will cause the metal to get damaged and not oxidize. Basically burning holes in it. Oxidation I would consider corrosion which although similar not as drastic. If you can get a picture of it to me I would like to send to support so he can see a problem with the devices as it was the first he has heard of that particular issue.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Arching will cause the metal to get damaged and not oxidize. Basically burning holes in it. Oxidation I would consider corrosion which although similar not as drastic. If you can get a picture of it to me I would like to send to support so he can see a problem with the devices as it was the first he has heard of that particular issue.

If the metal was plated however any damage to the metal would increase the chances of oxidation :)

The device is also 4 months old, but here is a picture for your reference.

67b5dfa1a91cdc1a3d79efa7d7167faa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Odd I cannot copy and paste that image and that minor amount of discoloration is making them not charge?
Correct.
The oxidation keeps the connections from making a clean contact. basically adding an unknown level of resistance (0-infinity)

It could also be just "grease and grime" from use. pocket to table to hands etc..

If I sratch it up a bit it works fine again for a few days then needs cleaning again.

Its seen alot of use the last 4 months and the last 1.5 months is been my daily driver.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
If the metal was plated however any damage to the metal would increase the chances of oxidation :)

The device is also 4 months old, but here is a picture for your reference.

67b5dfa1a91cdc1a3d79efa7d7167faa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have three Myjets and not seen that problem, my first one I got November I think and the contacts are still shiney like new. I do make sure I keep them in a pocket with no coins or keys, since I don't know if they have protection that would keep them from shorting out. Have you looked at the charger contacts to see if it's been arcing in there?

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I have three Myjets and not seen that problem, my first one I got November I think and the contacts are still shiney like new. I do make sure I keep them in a pocket with no coins or keys, since I don't know if they have protection that would keep them from shorting out. Have you looked at the charger contacts to see if it's been arcing in there?

Charger looks fine from what I can tell.

It's definitely the contacts on the device since scratching them up fixes it for awhile. No big deal to me really just a minor hindrance. To happy with the convenience and the vape to care really.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Charger looks fine from what I can tell.

It's definitely the contacts on the device since scratching them up fixes it for awhile. No big deal to me really just a minor hindrance. To happy with the convenience and the vape to care really.
Could it also be juice on the floating pins or a stuck pin in the Myjet body? I had a pod not making contact so I cleaned the pins and around the seal with a qtip, now I do that every time I replace a pod and all is well.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Tried a few coils on the Kayfun V5 mini Clone. Unfortunately nothing spectacular I must say. Can you guys think of what I could be doing wrong?

10 wraps, Kanthal 28awg. 1.5mm inner diameter
1.0ohm

IMG_0141.jpg

Similar in flavors as the Serpent Mini. No wicking or dry hits. Muted flavors though compared to the MyJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread