N100 Series - KR808D-1 Satrter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
Haven't seen any reviews, but I got mine (regular & jumbo sized) yesterday & I think they're great. I like them best on my MF, but they work almost as well on my regular auto batts. The draw is maybe a tiny bit airier with my regular autos than on the MF, but still no primer puff needed, and more vapor than I've seen with the vertical coil cartos. They make using an auto fun again - I had set them aside in favor of manuals for a while but this combo is fantastic. I'm using 60/40 VG/PG with no issues thus far. I like them way more than the verticals that I was using.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Cool. I'll be a good stress test for thick juices. I smoke almost exclusively 100%VG (avejuice.com). Sometimes an occasional 10/90 but not often. Also got some JC Red Oak laying around I could try which is 100VG but unlike most VGs its really runny. So much so it did not vape well in my WOWs... its a dripper's juice really but I'm not a dripper. Alas, I digress... I'm going to place my order now if I can find that coupon code I saw floating around.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Haven't seen any reviews, but I got mine (regular & jumbo sized) yesterday & I think they're great. I like them best on my MF, but they work almost as well on my regular auto batts. The draw is maybe a tiny bit airier with my regular autos than on the MF, but still no primer puff needed, and more vapor than I've seen with the vertical coil cartos. They make using an auto fun again - I had set them aside in favor of manuals for a while but this combo is fantastic. I'm using 60/40 VG/PG with no issues thus far. I like them way more than the verticals that I was using.

I've been using WOW's which I like fine but they are quite airy and I'm itching to get my hands on either a DS or MF or something with the faster triggers. I've read the MF batt's are a tighter draw in comparison to a DS or a standard 808. And was thinking that might be just perfect with an airy cart like my WOW's or these 808 drippers that this thread is dedicated too. Thanks for confirming that for me. Now I really want to know when Drew's coming out with these new/improved reg size batts and how they stack up to the MF's!!

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Drew actually sells them in his smart pcc kit and the new pcc kit.
Yeah but I thought he said those were only the mini's not the standard size (78mm). I might be interested in a new PCC but all my current batts are 78mm and I like the size/weight of them so I kinda want to stick with that size.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Ok , sorry about the confusion. The Smart PCC has the small batteries ( new style) and will not charge older (different sized) KR808 batteries...The new XL PCCs have the larger (New style) batteries and will charge almost any KR808 batteries...The reason I say "almost" is that there are so many different KR808D batteries now , I cant keep up with them. They do charge all the ones I currently sell, but am not sure if they are comaptible with all the others. They are comaptible with the MFs....Thanks
Drew

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
They are great and are working very well...There has been a recent blitz in sales on them also, so apparently people are figuring them out...I actually thought they would take off right away, but figured people were leary because of the propietory battery thing...I hope they get the air thing right , as that has been my biggest hurdle with the change from Kr to 510 cartos and attys...The airflow is VERY important on a carto...If its too much or too little it dramatically changes the performance...I have piles of 510 cartos to prove it....The jumbo KR808s I have now are working pretty well , you just need to use an adapter to use with a 510 device, and they only hold 2 Mls also...Ive been working on a 4 ml carto for months that I just cant seem to get the airflow right...We have the final products(connectors) are being shipped now and I hope to have some of them in the next 20 days or so...
Drew

Last edited:

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Cool. I'll be a good stress test for thick juices. I smoke almost exclusively 100%VG (avejuice.com). Sometimes an occasional 10/90 but not often. Also got some JC Red Oak laying around I could try which is 100VG but unlike most VGs its really runny. So much so it did not vape well in my WOWs... its a dripper's juice really but I'm not a dripper. Alas, I digress... I'm going to place my order now if I can find that coupon code I saw floating around.

Okay... just got mine in. Been using them for an hour or two now on my generic 808 reg batts and so far I must say... fantastic. Excellent vapor and flavor and the perfect draw. No problems with my thick juices so far. I did a syringe fill down the side of my 100vg avejuice and topped them and let em sit 10 minutes. I even overfilled one a bit to see what happens and yes it did drip a little on the batt, not bad though, held it well and was still vapeable. Also tried dripping right down it but dont recommend it (especially if you have auto batts like me). calling these drippers might be a little presumptuos but i don't care, I bought them to use like a regular carto and they do this task very well. Maybe i'll get around to trying the JC in them later but i'm enjoying these too much at the moment.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Ok , sorry about the confusion. The Smart PCC has the small batteries ( new style) and will not charge older (different sized) KR808 batteries...The new XL PCCs have the larger (New style) batteries and will charge almost any KR808 batteries...The reason I say "almost" is that there are so many different KR808D batteries now , I cant keep up with them. They do charge all the ones I currently sell, but am not sure if they are comaptible with all the others. They are comaptible with the MFs....Thanks
Drew

Thank you for clearing that up. I also did not realize that case was for XL's. So I guess the batts are too. That kit looks really nice but I don't have that much scratch to drop in one shot. I'm eagerly awaiting to see them sold individually though. Especially some regulars (78mm). ;-)

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
They are great and are working very well...There has been a recent blitz in sales on them also, so apparently people are figuring them out...I actually thought they would take off right away, but figured people were leary because of the propietory battery thing...I hope they get the air thing right , as that has been my biggest hurdle with the change from Kr to 510 cartos and attys...The airflow is VERY important on a carto...If its too much or too little it dramatically changes the performance...I have piles of 510 cartos to prove it....The jumbo KR808s I have now are working pretty well , you just need to use an adapter to use with a 510 device, and they only hold 2 Mls also...Ive been working on a 4 ml carto for months that I just cant seem to get the airflow right...We have the final products(connectors) are being shipped now and I hope to have some of them in the next 20 days or so...
Drew

...just hope you get all these things available through your UK channel.
My money wants to go your way.
;)

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Like I said above, these are working great for me but I am noticing one thing... on a freshly charged batt some of my juices are tasting a bit nasty. Not unvapeable but not optimal. I think the atty is too low res for this juice. I've read a freshly charged kr808 batt will push over the 3.7v (more like 4.2v) which drops as the batt gets more and more drained. The lower res is working great for some of my juices. However, the really runny JC Red Oak which I previously had tons of issues with trying to use with WOW cartos work great on these cartos and so I'm now really enjoying juices that I'd previously shelved and not touched in a while.

So... in other words... this my long-winded request for a higher resistance version of these cartos (maybe 3 ohm). And while not my request you can be sure some people will want to use high voltage mods and need atty's with more resistance as well.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Actually I may be wrong... I filled another fresh carto with the same juice on a fresh batt and got no hint of the nasty taste. Not sure what to make of it. Could I have gotten one stinky carto out of the 4 i've opened so far? Or could it be a matter of mfg ohm tolerance and that one carto is lower res than the others...? The taste is reminiscent of a bad batch of CE2's I got once although not quite as strong and consistent as those CE2's were. Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread