N100 Series - KR808D-1 Satrter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
i keep picking that carto back up but its not going away... if i saturate the heck out of it i get a few hits of pure juice but the nasty comes back. seems to be getting worse. so i filled another one but it tastes fabulous. same juice. i'm a bit perplexed. maybe it is the voltage. they don't test all the cartos for ohm tolerance at the factories so there can be great differences and batts also are so volatile in terms of voltage. i dont have one of those fancy regulated devices to confirm this theory sadly. too many factors here... many juices will taste nasty at high voltage or too low ohms and its difficult to know exactly what the batt is putting out and that particular carto could have been out of tolerance (maybe in the low 2 ohm range). I'm way too lazy to get a multimeter and/or spend hours dissecting cartos and performing experiments. I should have a better idea after I break in the rest of these cartos over the next few weeks.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
So I just found this thread. I got my Jumbo's in Monday. And I experienced the same thing- first few drags great taste, incredible vapor. But then that funky taste appeared- sorta like a dry carto flavor. And it remained. I'm using a Darwin so I dialed it down, but no go. I thought maybe I burnt it, so yesterday I tried a brand new one. Got the same results. So I went back to my normal carto and set these aside.

Just now I made a discovery. I pulled the 2nd one out, took a drag, still had that funky taste. So then I dripped three drops into the mouthpiece, took a drag and it was awesome. I'm sitting here vaping away on it now. When it starts tasting odd, I drip another few drops and I'm good to go.

Drew- is it possible that there is a heating element is high up in this? Maybe it is drying out the top most filler, so it then is partially a dry hit, and then when I add a couple drips it provides that element with some fresh juice?

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Its not really in the top but it is NOT directly on the mesh (hence the no burning) so it takes some time to wick into the coil....The burning taste you are describing (Im guessing) is actually just a dry coil, like you would taste with a dry attty....I have always said these are designed to work Optimally with regular batteries and lower volts...You really have to keep the watts low on the Darwin, and trying to compare them to an atty or other higher Ohm carto is really gonna be tuff...
Drew

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Thanks for that explanation.

I run my Darwin at 7w. Which with this Jumbo reading 2.9ohm, is giving me 4.6v. Running any lower then that the vape is too cool for my liking.

I've been using this Jumbo all morning now, and just dripping in a couple drops every time the taste diminishes. And it has been a perfect vape with loads of flavor. So basically it has become a glorified drip tip for me LOL, but without the risk of leaking juice.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
So I just found this thread. I got my Jumbo's in Monday. And I experienced the same thing- first few drags great taste, incredible vapor. But then that funky taste appeared- sorta like a dry carto flavor. And it remained. I'm using a Darwin so I dialed it down, but no go. I thought maybe I burnt it, so yesterday I tried a brand new one. Got the same results. So I went back to my normal carto and set these aside.

Just now I made a discovery. I pulled the 2nd one out, took a drag, still had that funky taste. So then I dripped three drops into the mouthpiece, took a drag and it was awesome. I'm sitting here vaping away on it now. When it starts tasting odd, I drip another few drops and I'm good to go.

Drew- is it possible that there is a heating element is high up in this? Maybe it is drying out the top most filler, so it then is partially a dry hit, and then when I add a couple drips it provides that element with some fresh juice?

hmmm... if you got the same with a Darwin that changes things. what kinda juice you vaping? It could be the curse of the CE2's again... [ominous music]. They do share the same coil. I thought most people agreed that was a prob with the factory spraying some kind of anti-bacterial agent in the metal tubes and letting it get on the wicking. Not sure, but it could also be a wicking issue but that begs the question, why does the wicking that is supposed to never burn have any taste to it...? could also be something like what the bloog mf suffers: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/bloog-electronic-cigarette/165367-maxx-fusion-cartomizer-autopsy-parts-explenation.html

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
The juice was Mad Hatter- its a tobacco flavor with a hint of caramel and toffee. Don't think any of those flavors are detrimental to CE2's

well these aren't CE2's but yeah i'd still *guess* that your overpowering your juice. I think Drew sells some high octane juices marketed at being good at high voltages. Maybe give one of those a try on them. I've noticed too that while saturating the coil does solve the over voltage type problems temporarily I think it's just because with more juice on the coil the temp of the juice doesn't get as high. If you want to use them like normal cartos then you might need to lower voltage or switch juice...? Or find some way to open up the wicking so juice gets to the coil at a much faster rate. Just my two cents really... i don't have a fancy variable voltage device. I just concluded after playing around that I think my original idea that my probs are because I got one carto out of the bunch whose ohms were out of spec on the low end causing it to scorch my juice. or maybe its burning some component of the carto but whatever it is its nasty but I think it's an issue of too low ohms at too high voltage and a juice that just can't handle it. maybe one of these days I'll be more scientific and do some experiments with other juices to confirm my theories but for now I'm happy just tossing the occasional naughty carto in the naughty pile because the good ones are just sooo good.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
That "funky" taste i bet is the same as i got with the mf's... I use NO flavour, so nothing to hide it.. Its like what you would suppose a stinky dishrag would taste like if you stuck it in your mouth.. But havent tried nhalers horiz..es( hobbitzeds hehe) Would think its same problem, sice its ocurring over here aswell.. That weird taste is not a burnt one.. and happens even on the 3,6 volt batt. Doesnt go away no matter how well you soak it. Or when batt is about to die..

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
What about using lung juice in these cartos, jumbos or regs? lung juice looks to be vg based and these cartos (or at least the similar bloogs) have problems with thick juices. Does the PGA and water thin the lung juices out enough?

Well, I dunno about jung juice but I use some very thick 100vg juices (avejuce.com's Flue Cured is my all day vape) in mine without any issue at all. to give you an idea of the thickness of my juices, I have one of those little plastic 1ml blunt tipped syringes that I use to fill and just to draw the juice from the bottle is an exercise in patience. AVE also has a 100vg blueberry which is even thicker than the flue, I can't even get that stuff in the syringe without taking the tip off and sucking it up like that. I call it blueberry motor oil although I think it might be thicker than motor oil even. But both work just fine in these cartos.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Is there any news on the Go-carto with 510 threads? I think you are right on the airflow being one of the important things for it to work right. I thought that the airflow on the Go-Go was to airy at first but after seeing how well they worked I didn't mess with restricting it and I quickly got use to it, these things are simply amazing. I'm using about half the amount of juice with them as I was with mega attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread