NarDA clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
The coil is 3mm ID, top of the coil aligned to the flat surface over the vent holes
The bottom of the coil sits... duh, about 3mm below that [emoji23]
All in all the center of the coil is slightly above the vent holes center, roughly
Can't take a measurement, for that build is no more.. now I've tried a diagonal build, 2.5mm ID. Still whistling [emoji20]

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Hmmm, no whistles here either... Use a small round or half-moon file to smooth and lightly bevel the inside edge of the air holes, i.e. where air enters the chamber. Yours look sharp, and might even have even a burr (and that would do it). I build the same as zoidman with 3.5mm ID with coils centered in front of the air holes. The flavor is terrific and certainly worth a little time. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: xpen

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
So I did a thing this weekend. Got bored, was getting annoyed with my SS316 build and its inconsistencies(coil before, wrapped same way, worked flawless in TC, the new one, was a complete mess). So I ripped out the basic SS316 build, thought about it for a few minutes, and decided to try out a baby Fused Clapton for the NarDA. 2x28/36 all KA1. Honestly, I don't forsee myself putting a different type of build in here now. Clocks in at .7, nice warm, dense, flavorful vapor at 30W. Top cap gets a bit hot, but that's to be expected. Don't mind the fact the coil is a bit dirty. I built it late at night, and didn't get around to pictures until the next AM after I had already vaped some Marshmallow Man pretty damn hard on it, which is a coil ruiner.
(Don't worry, I fixed that lead so its further under. It worked fine, but I didn't want to chance it.)
IMG_0524.JPG

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
So I did a thing this weekend. Got bored, was getting annoyed with my SS316 build and its inconsistencies(coil before, wrapped same way, worked flawless in TC, the new one, was a complete mess). So I ripped out the basic SS316 build, thought about it for a few minutes, and decided to try out a baby Fused Clapton for the NarDA. 2x28/36 all KA1. Honestly, I don't forsee myself putting a different type of build in here now. Clocks in at .7, nice warm, dense, flavorful vapor at 30W. Top cap gets a bit hot, but that's to be expected. Don't mind the fact the coil is a bit dirty. I built it late at night, and didn't get around to pictures until the next AM after I had already vaped some Marshmallow Man pretty damn hard on it, which is a coil ruiner.
(Don't worry, I fixed that lead so its further under. It worked fine, but I didn't want to chance it.)
View attachment 596507

I also recently replaced my 28ga 316L build, but this time with something a bit more exotic - 26ga 316L parallel with 28ss/36ka1 clapton. So far the TC is working great. At 450° & 55w there is very little ramp up time, and the flavor is fantastic. I am enjoying it quite a bit.

Sorry, I am a horrible photographer:
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Got mine 3 days ago, put a fd bf pin in and loving it. I’ve contemplated experimenting with other builds but my first is so great I don’t want to touch it. I did a simple spaced 2.5mm 7 wrap SS 316L build reading .45ohm placed diag using the air hole block areas as a guide for the coil tool to rest against, raised the coil till I could see the bottom through the air hole and it’s performing so good I don't want to put it down.

For those that are annoyed by the whistle I had it also. Wasn’t terribly bad and I could’ve lived with it because otherwise it’s freakin awesome. Anyway, after some investigating I noticed the cap air holes were slightly smaller than the body air holes. It wasn’t noticeable when attached and lined up but when I took it off and compared side by side I could see it.

I didn’t think that would have anything to do with the whistle but at the very least I thought it might be restricting airflow, even though the difference was marginal. I don’t have a file small enough so I used a dremel and diamond burr bit and very gently with a very light hand worked the cap air holes to an almost a perfect match.

The result was slightly more airflow which is hardly noticeable but what I wasn’t expecting is no more whistle at all. The slight difference in size must have been creating some turbulence or it could have been the sharp edge being dulled down but either way it’s gone. I’ll definitely be ordering another 1 or 2.

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Did you get it from Fast Tech? I just ordered one. Can you take a picture of the problem? TIA
Is anyone using this on a Pico Squeeze? If so does it sit flush?

Got if from FT... and i have bad news for you... doesnt worked on my squeeze... bf pin is too short to make a connection!!!

thekraut

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Crap! Thanks for the quick reply! Good thing the Chinese are barking at the moon right now I can still cancel the squeeze!
Besides the Bf pin how do you like the Narda?

Best single coil RDA for flavour out there... you cant go wrong with it. It is a bit noisy but ....... the flavour is just ace. You have to build it right though. The coil height is essential to get good flavour. If you look through the afc you should see the bottom of the coil... if you fire it, it should blow clouds like a train. If it doesnt... try again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread