The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NarDA clone

Discussion in 'RDA' started by jjatl, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xpen

xpen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    Italy
    The coil is 3mm ID, top of the coil aligned to the flat surface over the vent holes
    The bottom of the coil sits... duh, about 3mm below that
    All in all the center of the coil is slightly above the vent holes center, roughly
    Can't take a measurement, for that build is no more.. now I've tried a diagonal build, 2.5mm ID. Still whistling

2. xpen

xpen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    Italy
    Thanks for the support, everyone

• Like Like x 1
  3. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Hmmm, no whistles here either... Use a small round or half-moon file to smooth and lightly bevel the inside edge of the air holes, i.e. where air enters the chamber. Yours look sharp, and might even have even a burr (and that would do it). I build the same as zoidman with 3.5mm ID with coils centered in front of the air holes. The flavor is terrific and certainly worth a little time. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. crazyhendrix

crazyhendrix Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2016
    Singapore
    I have a slight whistle when I taper off towards the end of an inhale. But it's nothing I can't live with. I should try to Bevel the airholes to see if I can improve on it.

5. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I've got a clone, and an authentic, and a black delrin aftermarket cap. They all friggin whistle, but I still use 'em.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    I'm too busy getting choked out by massive Narda clone flavor to hear the whistle

• Like Like x 5
  7. McAnythingReally

McAnythingReally Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2015
    Albany, NY
    So I did a thing this weekend. Got bored, was getting annoyed with my SS316 build and its inconsistencies(coil before, wrapped same way, worked flawless in TC, the new one, was a complete mess). So I ripped out the basic SS316 build, thought about it for a few minutes, and decided to try out a baby Fused Clapton for the NarDA. 2x28/36 all KA1. Honestly, I don't forsee myself putting a different type of build in here now. Clocks in at .7, nice warm, dense, flavorful vapor at 30W. Top cap gets a bit hot, but that's to be expected. Don't mind the fact the coil is a bit dirty. I built it late at night, and didn't get around to pictures until the next AM after I had already vaped some Marshmallow Man pretty damn hard on it, which is a coil ruiner.
    (Don't worry, I fixed that lead so its further under. It worked fine, but I didn't want to chance it.)
    IMG_0524.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. jjatl

jjatl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2015
    Georgia
    I also recently replaced my 28ga 316L build, but this time with something a bit more exotic - 26ga 316L parallel with 28ss/36ka1 clapton. So far the TC is working great. At 450° & 55w there is very little ramp up time, and the flavor is fantastic. I am enjoying it quite a bit.

Sorry, I am a horrible photographer:
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    I put my LOKI Router tip on and that's that.

The bottom of my Delrin was getting mealy.

The lip looks more pronounced in the photo. It looks fairly flush mounted to the naked eye.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. crazyhendrix

crazyhendrix Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2016
    Singapore
    Looks great with that tip!

• Like Like x 1
  11. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Got mine 3 days ago, put a fd bf pin in and loving it. I’ve contemplated experimenting with other builds but my first is so great I don’t want to touch it. I did a simple spaced 2.5mm 7 wrap SS 316L build reading .45ohm placed diag using the air hole block areas as a guide for the coil tool to rest against, raised the coil till I could see the bottom through the air hole and it’s performing so good I don't want to put it down.

For those that are annoyed by the whistle I had it also. Wasn’t terribly bad and I could’ve lived with it because otherwise it’s freakin awesome. Anyway, after some investigating I noticed the cap air holes were slightly smaller than the body air holes. It wasn’t noticeable when attached and lined up but when I took it off and compared side by side I could see it.

I didn’t think that would have anything to do with the whistle but at the very least I thought it might be restricting airflow, even though the difference was marginal. I don’t have a file small enough so I used a dremel and diamond burr bit and very gently with a very light hand worked the cap air holes to an almost a perfect match.

The result was slightly more airflow which is hardly noticeable but what I wasn’t expecting is no more whistle at all. The slight difference in size must have been creating some turbulence or it could have been the sharp edge being dulled down but either way it’s gone. I’ll definitely be ordering another 1 or 2.

• Like Like x 5
  13. jhhollier

jhhollier Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    Just a tip for the whistle issue, try closing the airflow off just a tad. And I mean a tad. You won't notice any loss of airflow but it should help with the whistling. It does on my authentic version at any rate.

• Like Like x 3
  14. socalsailor

socalsailor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2015
    Seal Beach, CA
    Got mine today from an eBay vendor. Did not come with BF pin, but put a .7 AN80 coil in there, and it's absolute flavor heaven!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. thekraut

thekraut Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Received mine... the bf pin is a joke... the inner diameter of the juice channel is so tight is is a pain in the ......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    Did you get it from Fast Tech? I just ordered one. Can you take a picture of the problem? TIA
    Is anyone using this on a Pico Squeeze? If so does it sit flush?

17. thekraut

Dec 7, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Got if from FT... and i have bad news for you... doesnt worked on my squeeze... bf pin is too short to make a connection!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Crap! Thanks for the quick reply! Good thing the Chinese are barking at the moon right now I can still cancel the squeeze!
    Besides the Bf pin how do you like the Narda?

19. thekraut

Dec 7, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Best single coil RDA for flavour out there... you cant go wrong with it. It is a bit noisy but ....... the flavour is just ace. You have to build it right though. The coil height is essential to get good flavour. If you look through the afc you should see the bottom of the coil... if you fire it, it should blow clouds like a train. If it doesnt... try again ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Thanks very much for your help!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.