Flyover Central
rte.JPG

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
a $1 a mil? Really?
That's why I never bought them. I didn't want to find I liked them, and pay that price.

Even their 3X extracts, to be mixed at 30% are $36 for 30 ml. As you know, Stixx is $10 for that size, and mixes around 1/4 that amount. So instead of $10 for 30ml, it's an equivalent of over $140 for 30ml of concentrate. I doubt it's 14 times better.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
After my past disappointments, I was a bit leery of coffee juice. So I just got a small bottle of Chock Full o Nuts. It's pretty good. I'll be reordering a larger bottle along with trying his other "grinds". Since I like strong flavors (expresso, french roast, etc) I'm going to keep sampling as I have no idea of how this extract compares with his others.

As for coffee flavors (this is going outside the NET world a bit) the absolute best I've ever tried is Americano from Grind House. Though you have to put up with the "cream", it has remarkable coffee flavor and not something that's obviously a chemical that you might convince yourself tastes like fresh brewed. Until I found it, my go-to had been Cuppa Jolt from Rocket Fuel Vapes. I still buy that, and it's good - but the Americano is a notch above in coffee flavor.

As for the problem with n-e-t.com, it was simply insulting in a way. I'd made another $100 order and never got anything, even that misleading shipping email. So, after 3 weeks I emailed. Since I'd done this before and never received a reply I was surprised when I did receive one for this question. I was told that there was a problem with how they received the order and it went into the ozone. No offer to straighten it out, just that a new order would be needed.

Two things complicated that - I'd ordered during a sale, and I'd used the coupon you get after spending $100. As a measure of being a steady customer, as I remember it was the 17th or 18th I'd received. So I responded to the reply asking how I should handle the coupon already being used along with the sale no longer being in effect. Still no reply to that after weeks and weeks.

I should make it clear that I'm not the type to harass companies. In the entire time I've done business there, I think I've maybe sent 3 or 4 emails, none of them for trivial issues. I just don't like the feeling that the business is run on the concept of "You'll shut up and pay me money. I do not converse with customers"
Something has changed at NET, and I'm not sure what. A year or two or three ago, when I first began to get into net's, I emailed NET asking for some guidance about which to order based on my preferred flavors. He emailed me back very quickly with his thoughts and his preferences. Not long after I emailed asking about how the juices might change over time. Again, he (Clay) replied soon with his take on it.
Much later, I asked them about some confusion about free shipping, and never heard a thing.
I saw someone speculating about whether Clay was still around there.
Don't know.
I have tried RE and Stixx, the latter I'm mixing a lot with these days. But, some of NET's mixtures were/are both unusual and superb.

• Agree
Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I feel like a stranger in a strange land reading these comments regarding Real Tobacco Extracts. I only vape RTE because I found them to be the best real 100% tobacco I could find years ago. Never disliked any I've tried and I enjoyed many including cigars and the fruit/tobaccos (though the straight tobaccos are my everyday).
These extracts are not engineered as spikes for synthetics. They are stand alone products - just what I like. The 3X brings my cost down to $10 for 30 ml and I use the ECF20 discount that gets it down to $8 per 30ml mixed. I've used that code for 3-4 years+ ?
RTE always ships priority mail with tracking which I appreciate. I had one order lost in the mail and he shipped me another last year. He has the greatest customer service.
I have spoken to Evan at RTE at least a dozen times over the years and I have no doubts about what he does with extracts. He is a tobacco aficionado for sure and knows how to do it.
I know it ain't the cheapest - the best never is.
Sampling would be vital with his stuff. Laying put big $ for something you’re not sure of wouldn’t work for most people.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I feel like a stranger in a strange land reading these comments regarding Real Tobacco Extracts. I only vape RTE because I found them to be the best real 100% tobacco I could find years ago. Never disliked any I've tried and I enjoyed many including cigars and the fruit/tobaccos (though the straight tobaccos are my everyday).
These extracts are not engineered as spikes for synthetics. They are stand alone products - just what I like. The 3X brings my cost down to $10 for 30 ml and I use the ECF20 discount that gets it down to $8 per 30ml mixed. I've used that code for 3-4 years+ ?
RTE always ships priority mail with tracking which I appreciate. I had one order lost in the mail and he shipped me another last year. He has the greatest customer service.
I have spoken to Evan at RTE at least a dozen times over the years and I have no doubts about what he does with extracts. He is a tobacco aficionado for sure and knows how to do it.
I know it ain't the cheapest - the best never is.

I don't see how you are able to cut the price of 30 ml from $30 to $10. I just tried adding 3 bottles to my cart and the price is $90. If there is some sort of 66% reduction for buying three bottles, it is not apparent on any of the pages I've been looking through. I'd forgotten about the ECF code, but in the absence of that big discount you describe, that still leaves me paying $24/80 cents per ml a bottle.

And while each person decides what's the "best" for them - I learned a long time ago that just because the price is high, superiority is not guaranteed. I've tried to make it clear in previous posts that I like Evan's juices a lot. But they are not in any way - FOR ME - noticeably superior to the best I've found at a much lower price.

I won't pay double the price for a quality shirt because of a small embroidered logo. And I won't pay a premium for juices that are no better than the very good best of others. Others may find extra value. I haven't.

Edit: I now realize you're talking about the 30 ml of extract for $36 - 28.20 with ECF discount. Stixx Mixx charges $10 for the same amount that I mix in the same proportion. Again, RTE is very, very good. But it isn't almost three times as good.

Last edited:

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Evan's customer support and dedication are terrific.
Not sure why you feel like a "stranger".
There are a handful of very good net manufacturers. RTE is one of them. We all have our preferences. Other than some discussion about $value, not sure I've heard any criticism about RTE.

• Agree
Reactions: GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Evan's customer support and dedication are terrific.
Not sure why you feel like a "stranger".
There are a handful of very good net manufacturers. RTE is one of them. We all have our preferences. Other than some discussion about $value, not sure I've heard any criticism about RTE.

And hopefully that's going to put a cap on this little sidetrack. Your statement is exactly how I feel - but you did it with a lot less words and made it more clear to boot.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
you talking about me?
One of the unfortunate aspects of vaping (for me at least) is ordering too much too often (and tossing a lot of it), and then fooling around with diy, which introduces a giant inventory of juices because it's so cheap.

So, this conversation led me to pull a favorite flavored net out of storage (always in the dark and not in a hot spot). It's two years old almost to the day. It has also lost all its flavor, except for the tobacco. I ain't saying who or what, because I have a lot of respect and appreciation for my net vendors.
I recall discussing this with Clay at NET, and just found his email to me saying that some nets might degrade in flavor in a year and others might be fine after 3. Completely depended on the flavor components and the manufacturer.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
hey @GeekyGeezer
I meant to ask you about what you said about thinking Chock full of nuts being pretty good. how did you mix it?

I'll take this opportunity to answer another question, too. Yes, I was referring to your post for concisely describing how I looked at the whole thing. I just had the impression that what should have been merely a trading of opinions was getting into riskier ground. I thought your post was a great summation and a good jumping off point to talk about something else

As for extract life, I am surprised and overjoyed that time doesn't always affect some juices. I am still mixing on the extracts I got from My Vape Juice and they are still coming out exceptional. The only one that might make it down the drain is some RY4. One of the components (caramel? sweetener?) has not aged well at all. But I am not a big fan of either of those ingredients so it might be fine for others.

I may not be a good source for mixing ratios. Be aware that I mix at 30-33% on any extract I get, even Stixx. It seems like I went slightly above 33 on the Chock juice and just as an experiment I will bump that a bit on the next batch to see if it intensifies the coffee flavor even more.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Wow. That's a lot of flavoring. I'm going to try that next.
I suppose the question for me is what hardware are you using to vape at that %? We all know that makes a big difference.
i've found that my Kabuki tanks and Aspire coils don't give me nearly as much flavor as my Berserkers or Zenith coils or Voopoo Vinci coils.
Makes it a pain in the ... to really compare juices!

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Wow. That's a lot of flavoring. I'm going to try that next.
I suppose the question for me is what hardware are you using to vape at that %? We all know that makes a big difference.
i've found that my Kabuki tanks and Aspire coils don't give me nearly as much flavor as my Berserkers or Zenith coils or Voopoo Vinci coils.
Makes it a pain in the ... to really compare juices!

I still use prebuilt coils on my pocket carry beaters - some Kabukis, Joyetech AIO, and Aspire T18. But I generally only put Reaper in them so the mixing doesn't come into play.

My ADV choices are pretty varied. I've always used a bunch of mods throughout the day, each with a different flavor and all the attys are ones I coil and wick myself. Looking at my desk, right at hand are some Billet Boxes (Xeta and Exocet), a Limelight Wicket (Arch with Exocet), XvoStick with Byka V6, Dani Box with Narta, Dicodes Stab with Narta, Dicodes Mini with Skyline, and a C&C Mods squonker with a Narea. All set up for MTL, tightish to sort of loose.

And keeping in mind that every vaper does it differently, it's obvious I'm not a fan of subtle flavor. I suspect the juices, saturation, and taste I prefer might cause a bit (or a lot lol) of unease for others.

Reactions: newyork13

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
you have me curious- what do you know about Stixx methods? You speak as if you know.

I learned my NET methods by standing on the shoulders of ECF NET Giants. Thanks @Str8vision and others!

I know Stixx’s methods because, other NET enthusiasts and I were there to help Stixx get started on his NET making journey in the Fall of ‘15. This assistance happened on another forum which, to this very day, can’t be named on ECF (the bots will strike out the name).

I merely relayed to Stixx, everything I had learned from the NET Masters on ECF.

So, if anyone wants to know how to make NET like Stixx Mixx... look no further than the threads here on ECF. :cool:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I learned my NET methods by standing on the shoulders of ECF NET Giants. Thanks @Str8vision and others!

I know Stixx’s methods because, other NET enthusiasts and I were there to help Stixx get started on his NET making journey in the Fall of ‘15. This assistance happened on another forum which, to this very day, can’t be named on ECF (the bots will strike out the name).

I merely relayed to Stixx, everything I had learned from the NET Masters on ECF.

So, if anyone wants to know how to make NET like Stixx Mixx... look no further than the threads here on ECF. :cool:
Yes, I can't remember the forum, but mentioned somewhere on this one that when I was researching Stixx, I found Ty on another thread testing methods and such. Never saw him on St8vision's thread- that is a great thread!

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hey everyone. Just finished reading the last 200 pages...pfeeeu . Partly because it fascinated me, and partly because i'm in lock down...down here in New Zealand.
Anyway i'm glad the conversation turned to Stixx as I put in an order last week, and from what I gathered here, i'm in for a pleasant surprise. Not to optimistic that i'll get it soon as the borders are locked to.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I have the urge to vent somewhere and this seems like the best place... I know you all will understand my pain !!!
Two years ago I soaked some tobaccos the wife brought me from my native country South Africa in PG.

Van Erkoms - Jock - Tobacco Reviews
and
Van Erkoms - Fox - Tobacco Reviews

Soon after I went off NETs and into synthetic tobaccos (I exclusively do tobacco).
Long story short...150+ flavors and countless mixes later i'm convinced that's not for me.
Two months ago I filtered those two extractions (that's been soaked for two years) and mixed them up 70/30 VG/PG at 20%.
All I can say is WOW...both are truelly delicious. Can't believe I wasted all that time on synthetics.

I've been spending the last 4 weeks of lock down reading through all the NET threads. Soooo much information provided by @Str8vision and many others...wish I could name you all ;).
Now to my frustration :mad:
I looked up my country's (New Zealand) import restrictions and understood that I can bring in a max of 50g of tobacco per order. That set me on a mission. I had plenty marked from all my readings and started off by putting in 5 seperate orders from 4Noggins. After further (and proper) investigation I discovered that tobacco has to be on you apon entering the country. Now i'll have to pay tax and duties, and that'll be a small fortune...way to much to make it viable.
I'm gutted..mostly at myself, but also at the authorities. I mean its NOT for smoking. Its for the safer alternative....vape liquid.
I'm waiting on customs to contact me. I'm ready to put my case to whoever the authority is...but I don't have much hope. I have this gutting feeling I'm going to loose this tobacco and with it my newly found love.
This is a grey area and should not fall under the new smoking laws.
Anyway my apologies for the long writing. I just needed to get this out of me :D

Reactions: Vicman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread