The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by luceblueboy, Jan 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Still trucking along. No arsenal, but a dozen Mason Jars, an Areopress coffee maker and some 2.5 macron lab filters can work out fairly well.

2. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    You may not have a war chest, but you're pretty well protected.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    By the way, P&C accepts reviews from Vapers. They are reviewed by a third party before going up on the webpage, but they can be accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    After reading a couple of earlier posts, I'm tempted to try the StixxMixx extracts.
    My preference is for a sweeter NET, rather than a dry ash tray one.
    Any thoughts on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Random DIY mixing and More

6. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    After the mention last week, I bought 6 different juices from Stixx. They arrived yesterday and I've only got around to mixing one of them. I used my normal ratios and my immediate impression is that it's a very good juice. It's (Dark Fire) pretty complex with lots of flavor notes I'm still figuring out. I am pretty sure that it's going to get even better as it ages a bit.

We like different types of juices so I can't be of much use as to the ashy taste, other than to say the description on their page was very accurate to what I'm tasting. I did have a question which they answered very quickly. The package left the next day and got here quickly without any drama.

Who knows how the whole vape world is going to shake out, but right now I'm pretty happy since I think I've found a new source for great, reasonably priced NETs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    And who knows if Stixx survives the Deeming regs. But I suppose buying in bulk and freezing could be a viable option too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. newyork13

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Thinking along the same lines, I emailed Stixx and they were both prompt and candid, saying kept it a cool dark place away from sunlight they ought to be good for at least 2 years if not longer.
    I'll be ordering in the next few days.

9. nostradadus

nostradadus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2014
    Not to be a noodge... but, I still can't comprehend why folks don’t just make their own NET liquids. It’s pretty darned easy to do. Plus, WAY cheaper than buying pre-made liquid. For about 12 to 15 bucks, one can make roughly 1000ml of ready to vape NET liquid.

After +/- 60 different tobacco extractions later... I’ve saved a BUNCH of money and had fun at the same time. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Some people are picky about their NETs and don’t want to bother making their own knowing they have a low batting average. They trust flavors from vendors that have already been scrutinized. This applies to all flavors.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nostradadus

Sep 6, 2014
    Upon deeming regs. and/or all out bans... that is when folks will learn to improve their batting average. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Or go back to smokes. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nostradadus

Sep 6, 2014
    Gosh! I hope not!!

I started out my NET journey spending about $150 with Clay at naturally-extracted-tobacco dot com back in 2014. Boy, they were tasty liquids! I especially loved Shunji’s Delight, Poilu, Gypsy Brunes, and Gypsy Blonde!

But, I soon learned through a little bit of research, trial, error, and testing... I could make my own NET, not go back to inhaling actual burning Tobacco leaves, and not have to rely on anyone but myself for my supply of NET liquid. Win! Win! Win!

• Like Like x 5
  14. newyork13

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I really liked Shunji.
    Tell us (big picture) about your NET extracts.
    Do you make a tobacco extract then make a juice such as Shunji?

15. nostradadus

Sep 6, 2014
    Big Picture version: Loved Shunji’s so much, I went down the road of trying to clone it; didn’t end well, ‘cause I don’t have the exact tobacco base/feedstock that Clay used.... and he’s not about to tell anyone what that is! ;)

So, that’s what made me start trying every tobacco varietal I could get into a jar. Even though I felt like I came fairly close, an exact clone was never achieved. However, I learned to love many other tobacco types in the process; some way more than Shunji’s.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nostradadus

Sep 6, 2014
    Shunji's III Castles turned Hybrid: Almond and Vanilla make this a smooth and creamy "low-impact" tobacco hybrid. When fresh, the light alcohol in the flavorings immediately speaks to Amaretto...after a few days of aging and evaporating off the remaining EtOH, a very creamy almond tobacco flavor takes over. The longer the aging, the more the tobacco extracts used will emerge...

Clone? Find yourself a nice light Virginia/Burley you like, pitch in some of your favorite synthetic flavors to taste and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sincronicity

Sincronicity Full Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Bug Tussle
    I just found naturallyextractedtobacco.com tonight during a deep search for cigar flavors. I don't know about you, but Google had me in a deep search. It was 3/4 the way down on page 5 of that search. Thankfully, I got my choices in.

• Like Like x 1