Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think you might have been the one who was talking about Stixx Mixx and caused me to check them out. I'd been mixing extracts anyhow since I bought all I could afford when Diana closed My vape juice. I've found Ty's creations to be very good at the very least - ranging all the way to some that have surpassed my previous favorites. I'm doubly impressed that he's managed to pull off a good coffee extract - lots of people have tried that, but they've only had a hint of a good cup of java.

It's always a good thing when you're getting small bottles of various juices, and every order you find a couple of things that prove to be favorites. I'm working through his list just because of that. Some of the descriptions didn't sound like juices I'd liked that much before but turned out to be a very pleasant suprise. So at this point, I'm wondering if the other guys simply weren't able to get the best out of the varieties but Ty has it under control.
Ty is a cigar aficionado so he knows his cigars. I think that helps when selecting tobaccos that make good extracts.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Ty is a cigar aficionado so he knows his cigars. I think that helps when selecting tobaccos that make good extracts.
Thank you! I just looked at stixx mixx, but I need one pg free and it doesn't list anything. My big jar I made got broken when we moved into our new home and honestly I really don't want to make anymore! I just want a small bottle.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you! I just looked at stixx mixx, but I need one pg free and it doesn't list anything. My big jar I made got broken when we moved into our new home and honestly I really don't want to make anymore! I just want a small bottle.
I believe all his extracts are PG.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
All of you that have tried Stixx should put reviews on his site. Some of the flavors really need reviews from users to give a better idea of what you're buying. He's only gotten a couple since I put some on there almost 2 years ago. Bronze is right- Ty is a good guy, and very responsive. Before I ever bought from him, I researched NET like crazy, and found him on a number of threads exchanging ideas & discussing his devotion to perfecting extracting methods. His personal FB page used to be public as well, but I guess someone told him that wasn't a good idea. He's a really good guy who really knows his tobacco, and the products are crazy cheap for what they are.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
How PG sensitive are you? I don't tolerate pg well at all, and I've been using nothing but SM for a couple of years. I do all/max vg, but don't suffer or anything from just a few hits of a Juul or something like that. But if you have serious issues with it, just message him on FB, or email. He'll let you know which ones, if any, would be okay for you.

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
All of you that have tried Stixx should put reviews on his site. Some of the flavors really need reviews from users to give a better idea of what you're buying. He's only gotten a couple since I put some on there almost 2 years ago. Bronze is right- Ty is a good guy, and very responsive. Before I ever bought from him, I researched NET like crazy, and found him on a number of threads exchanging ideas & discussing his devotion to perfecting extracting methods. His personal FB page used to be public as well, but I guess someone told him that wasn't a good idea. He's a really good guy who really knows his tobacco, and the products are crazy cheap for what they are.
I asked him about Deeming and what his plans are. Essentially he said he's a flavor shop and isn't going to change anything. Said if by chance they show up and close him down he said he always has email. :)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
How PG sensitive are you? I don't tolerate pg well at all, and I've been using nothing but SM for a couple of years. I do all/max vg, but don't suffer or anything from just a few hits of a Juul or something like that. But if you have serious issues with it, just message him on FB, or email. He'll let you know which ones, if any, would be okay for you.
I have severe pg issues! It's fine! Ordered some to try from nude nic and I still have filters and everclear and my trusty crockpot. I'm just having a tobacco craving and honestly I'm driving myself crazy with it! I'm going to email him and see if he can do anything for me. His blends sound good on the website.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I asked him about Deeming and what his plans are. Essentially he said he's a flavor shop and isn't going to change anything. Said if by chance they show up and close him down he said he always has email. :)
Yeah, I asked him the same thing back in September. He kind of blew it off, saying he wasn't worried- that it wouldn't affect him. Truth is, he'd be a real low priority, since he does flavors rather than juice, and they're not "kid" flavors. He should be around a while. At least until people can't get nic anymore. There probably aren't many of us out there that have stocked like we on this forum have, so that'd put a dent in the business. Then, if I haven't already, I'll be getting serious about extracting my own. But I only spend less than $20/yr on his stuff, and I've been known to be lazy.

I have severe pg issues! It's fine! Ordered some to try from nude nic and I still have filters and everclear and my trusty crockpot. I'm just having a tobacco craving and honestly I'm driving myself crazy with it! I'm going to email him and see if he can do anything for me. His blends sound good on the website.
<insert sad emoji here>

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I still have filters and everclear and my trusty crockpot.

Meh... IMO, make it yourself with VG, skip the everclear step, and just filter; that’s what you’d get from SM.

His process is tobacco in a jar w/PG, crock pot brew, (maybe) a bit of steep time, filter, and bottle. He uses loose leaf tobacco from someone like leafonly-dot-com... easy peasy.

I'll be getting serious about extracting my own. But I only spend less than $20/yr on his stuff, and I've been known to be lazy.

Here in, does lie the rub. Ya gotta want to DIY extract. Yeah... there’s some up front cost on supplies and tools for the project... but, you’ll be self sufficient and get to be your own vendor.

I’ve been extracting since mid ‘15... super easy to do and fun to boot! About the only place you can go wrong is a shoddy supplier/vendor of tobacco or the quality of the tobacco you purchase from wherever. Some manufacturers cover up nasty, low grade tobacco with casings (flavorings). This might be ok for the pipe smoker, but, it’s disastrous for us NETers. Garbage in... Garbage out.

Give it a go... you’ll thank yourself!

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Meh... IMO, make it yourself with VG, skip the everclear step, and just filter; that’s what you’d get from SM.

His process is tobacco in a jar w/PG, crock pot brew, (maybe) a bit of steep time, filter, and bottle. He uses loose leaf tobacco from someone like leafonly-dot-com... easy peasy.

Here in, does lie the rub. Ya gotta want to DIY extract. Yeah... there’s some up front cost on supplies and tools for the project... but, you’ll be self sufficient and get to be your own vendor.

I’ve been extracting since mid ‘15... super easy to do and fun to boot! About the only place you can go wrong is a shoddy supplier/vendor of tobacco or the quality of the tobacco you purchase from wherever. Some manufacturers cover up nasty, low grade tobacco with casings (flavorings). This might be ok for the pipe smoker, but, it’s disastrous for us NETers. Garbage in... Garbage out.

I’ve done before not really wanting to make again, but I can do it. Mine was really good just the jar got broke:(

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Yeah, exactly. I love what I'm vaping. Do I want to go down the rabbit hole of trying dozens... or scores of tobaccos to make something that might not be as good- to save less than $2/mo? Probably not.

But you have me curious- what do you know about Stixx methods? You speak as if you know.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
Hi all, how are you all? This thread has gone quiet and we need to get it back on track :)

With the resurrection of mouth to lung tanks in 2018 tobaccos have come back into vogue a little.

I got an order from bestcigliquid and am very impressed. The last time I enjoyed NETs and hybrids this much was when I got my last order from Goodejuice about 3 years ago.
See you received order from bestciig, Hopefully you had Old Holborn concentrate with order, To me that's the tops at 7 percent.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'm still hanging in there, but with a major change. After years of buying and over a thousand dollars spent, I'm done with naturally-extracted-tobaccos. The service has been getting slower and slower, and thYe owner doesn't seem to want to provide even basic customer service.

But it's not the end of the world for me, since I bought some extracts from Stixx Mix which are every bit as good (or better) than what I'm used to. And, he actually answers emails. And doesn't print a shipping label when he takes your money and then sit on it for 2 weeks without sending anything. I have a new place I'll be buying my juice from.
Yes, I've noticed the same about NET and lack of responsiveness. I also have and enjoy Stixx flavors. The nice thing about NET is that his juices are very varied and often very good, with a nice combination of tobacco and interesting flavors. Stixx are more limited in scope. Not to take anything away from Stixx, cause I like them a lot, and it's pretty much all I'm vaping at the moment.

• Agree
Reactions: GeekyGeezer

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I think you might have been the one who was talking about Stixx Mixx and caused me to check them out. I'd been mixing extracts anyhow since I bought all I could afford when Diana closed My Vape Juice. I've found Ty's creations to be very good at the very least - ranging all the way to some that have surpassed my previous favorites. I'm doubly impressed that he's managed to pull off a good coffee extract - lots of people have tried that, but they've only had a hint of a good cup of java.

It's always a good thing when you're getting small bottles of various juices, and every order you find a couple of things that prove to be favorites. I'm working through his list just because of that. Some of the descriptions didn't sound like juices I'd liked that much before but turned out to be a very pleasant suprise. So at this point, I'm wondering if the other guys simply weren't able to get the best out of the varieties but Ty has it under control.
which of his coffees do you like?
I'm still mixing with them.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
which of his coffees do you like?
I'm still mixing with them.

After my past disappointments, I was a bit leery of coffee juice. So I just got a small bottle of Chock Full o Nuts. It's pretty good. I'll be reordering a larger bottle along with trying his other "grinds". Since I like strong flavors (expresso, french roast, etc) I'm going to keep sampling as I have no idea of how this extract compares with his others.

As for coffee flavors (this is going outside the NET world a bit) the absolute best I've ever tried is Americano from Grind House. Though you have to put up with the "cream", it has remarkable coffee flavor and not something that's obviously a chemical that you might convince yourself tastes like fresh brewed. Until I found it, my go-to had been Cuppa Jolt from Rocket Fuel Vapes. I still buy that, and it's good - but the Americano is a notch above in coffee flavor.

As for the problem with n-e-t.com, it was simply insulting in a way. I'd made another $100 order and never got anything, even that misleading shipping email. So, after 3 weeks I emailed. Since I'd done this before and never received a reply I was surprised when I did receive one for this question. I was told that there was a problem with how they received the order and it went into the ozone. No offer to straighten it out, just that a new order would be needed.

Two things complicated that - I'd ordered during a sale, and I'd used the coupon you get after spending $100. As a measure of being a steady customer, as I remember it was the 17th or 18th I'd received. So I responded to the reply asking how I should handle the coupon already being used along with the sale no longer being in effect. Still no reply to that after weeks and weeks.

I should make it clear that I'm not the type to harass companies. In the entire time I've done business there, I think I've maybe sent 3 or 4 emails, none of them for trivial issues. I just don't like the feeling that the business is run on the concept of "You'll shut up and pay me money. I do not converse with customers"

• Agree

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After my past disappointments, I was a bit leery of coffee juice. So I just got a small bottle of Chock Full o Nuts. It's pretty good. I'll be reordering a larger bottle along with trying his other "grinds". Since I like strong flavors (expresso, french roast, etc) I'm going to keep sampling as I have no idea of how this extract compares with his others.

As for coffee flavors (this is going outside the NET world a bit) the absolute best I've ever tried is Americano from Grind House. Though you have to put up with the "cream", it has remarkable coffee flavor and not something that's obviously a chemical that you might convince yourself tastes like fresh brewed. Until I found it, my go-to had been Cuppa Jolt from Rocket Fuel Vapes. I still buy that, and it's good - but the Americano is a notch above in coffee flavor.

As for the problem with n-e-t.com, it was simply insulting in a way. I'd made another $100 order and never got anything, even that misleading shipping email. So, after 3 weeks I emailed. Since I'd done this before and never received a reply I was surprised when I did receive one for this question. I was told that there was a problem with how they received the order and it went into the ozone. No offer to straighten it out, just that a new order would be needed.

Two things complicated that - I'd ordered during a sale, and I'd used the coupon you get after spending $100. As a measure of being a steady customer, as I remember it was the 17th or 18th I'd received. So I responded to the reply asking how I should handle the coupon already being used along with the sale no longer being in effect. Still no reply to that after weeks and weeks.

I should make it clear that I'm not the type to harass companies. In the entire time I've done business there, I think I've maybe sent 3 or 4 emails, none of them for trivial issues. I just don't like the feeling that the business is run on the concept of "You'll shut up and pay me money. I do not converse with customers"
That has been an ongoing problem there from the beginning.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Real Extracts makes a great black coffee with a NET: Cowboy Coffee
It is very good.
COWBOYCOFFEE_LOWLABEL.JPG

I've had their juice and it is very good. In addition, the maker is one of the most approachable I've dealt with - the polar opposite of N.E.T. But even though there's free shipping and usually a small sample bottle, I am just not going to pay $1 per ml. It's not a question of the quality of the stuff. It's mostly that I've found alternatives that I like as much (or better) for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge him for his pricing. Everybody should be rewarded for their work and skill. Along with that, free to set a price for what they believe makes the effort worthwhile.

During this move away from my traditional vendor, I have been on the RE site many times. But each time, when I look at what I'm getting for the invoice price I clear my cart. It's a shame. I'd love to do a steady business there but I don't have that extra money to throw away when it's not essential to do so in getting a great NET juice.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've had their juice and it is very good. In addition, the maker is one of the most approachable I've dealt with - the polar opposite of N.E.T. But even though there's free shipping and usually a small sample bottle, I am just not going to pay $1 per ml. It's not a question of the quality of the stuff. It's mostly that I've found alternatives that I like as much (or better) for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge him for his pricing. Everybody should be rewarded for their work and skill. Along with that, free to set a price for what they believe makes the effort worthwhile.

During this move away from my traditional vendor, I have been on the RE site many times. But each time, when I look at what I'm getting for the invoice price I clear my cart. It's a shame. I'd love to do a steady business there but I don't have that extra money to throw away when it's not essential to do so in getting a great NET juice.
a $1 a mil? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread