Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
One of the things that I like about the HHV NET's is that I can get them without any PG, my oral mucosa and PG just don't get on well together. If I want it thinned I can add distilled water to it. I understand that 1 ml water thins out PG as much as 4 ml of PG.

This is good advice for me because I still use cartos from time to time. Using one right now. How’s this for nostalgia !

bd74f59ae7e50d7a707ecedb19d1d7ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You're a better man than me. I didn't like any of them. :)

BTW, they have another grassy flavor in their Artisan line called Triple Threat. Hula sent me a sample. Just can't get into the grassy stuff.

Triple Treat is good. I had that one in 6mg and vaped it in my OBS Nano. I got it on discount and it was an 18 month old bottle.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Doesn’t it kill the vapor and flavor though? Water is not known to vaporise well.

I have not found it so when I have mixed it. But I'll also say that I need the thinner juice and I just can't do PG. So, for me, I need the vape to stay off cigarettes. When I started mixing that way (with water 1ml = 4ml PG viscosity), I may have simply put up with the muted flavor and have become used to it.

Reactions: AnthonyB

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
This thread is bringing back some memories, and also the realization that my impressions of those juices was probably totally incorrect. My memory got jogged and most of the oldies (other than the NETs) were vaped on a carto - or maybe a CE3 at best. So I'm not sure comparing those methods can be compared with today's technology.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This thread is bringing back some memories, and also the realization that my impressions of those juices was probably totally incorrect. My memory got jogged and most of the oldies (other than the NETs) were vaped on a carto - or maybe a CE3 at best. So I'm not sure comparing those methods can be compared with today's technology.
Good ole CE3's. Do you know I rebuilt those. :)

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
So what happened to Ahlusion? Did they get away from NETs?

The deemed regulation announcements had them reformulate their NETs into synthetic components. I think they did pretty well on that and from what I’ve heard they taste similar.

But as you say about DF, you can tell when a NET is absent. I tried the reformulated Bluegrass burley and I could tell it was all synthetic.

I think they may have removed some of their flavours as well.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have not found it so when I have mixed it. But I'll also say that I need the thinner juice and I just can't do PG. So, for me, I need the vape to stay off cigarettes. When I started mixing that way (with water 1ml = 4ml PG viscosity), I may have simply put up with the muted flavor and have become used to it.

You won’t believe this but for the last 6 months I’ve been hunting juices with high PG to vape in my cartos. Looking for high PH quality NETs these days is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

My search led me to old run down entrenched and complacent vendors with poor juices and I ended in putting a couple of orders with vendors I regret.

I asked around in ECF if anyone knew of any vendors that sold good high PG liquids and I found maybe 2 or 3 vendors. Most vendors selling high PG are the ones who are dated and haven’t upgraded their juices to suit modern day vapers. They are still selling juices that have the same PG/VG mix and flavour profile as 2010. So my experimenting with these juices had my buying some pretty ordinary juice.

So now I am wondering why I didn’t bump into you then, just a few months ago. This is the information that could have saved me from buying high PG juices from vendors that belong in the last decade !

As an aside I purchased a bottle of Naked 100 - Euro Gold. I’ve heard good things about Naked 100 tobaccos.

I do like a good synthetic tobacco from time to time.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
...I do like a good synthetic tobacco from time to time.

My guilty pleasure in vaping involves that. One of the first juices I ever tried was Volt 555 from Smokeless Image. I continue to keep bottles of it (in 18mg) solely for use in a AIO that's used when I'm running around with errands. And not only is it synthetic, I am 99% sure it's made in China. But somehow (maybe just because it's always been something I vaped) I haven't been able to find anything else with the same (nut flavoring? dunno) taste.

Generally I don't trust quality or health standards for products coming from that area. But I smoked for over 40 years, and I figure unless they've added rat poison or something it's just a minor "bad thing" to do at this point.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Bobba’s was challenging in those days because we were still primarily using tanks and atomisers that worked best with high PG liquids. Sub-ohm direct lung vaping didn’t yet exist. Cartomizers were still around and in their prime when Bobba’s came out and using it in cartomizers was definitely off limits. It didn’t vape well in any Kangertech or Aspire tank.

I used to vape it in 306 and 510 atomisers. I think Bobba’s lasted just into the advent of rebuildables. I can imagine it would be amazing in rebuildables.

I just checked out the Alien Vision website and it’s a blast from the past for me. I see they still have Blend 4. They also have Gorilla Juice which is Bobba’s Bounty with a banana flavour.

There are ample synthetic tobaccos as well.

Looks like my next juice orders might be a reflection of discussions which have taken place in this thread over the last couple of weeks. It’s just like the old days of this thread :)

It’s 2012 all over again - the thread is busy, discussions about Bobba and the difference between NETs and synthetics, talk of HHV and their enigmatic juices and their polarising effect on people feels like a time warp for me !

I see some HHV and Aliens Vision in my future.
Never vaped bobas in my old carts or the old dripping attys because as you know they were gunkers, so I mainly used it in my gennys. I know some say it's nothing like the old recipe, while some say it's very close and some say its exact, but imo it's still a great juice and hopefully you will enjoy it if you decide to try it again. When I first tried the new stuff, I didnt steep it and thought that it wasn't as good as the old recipe, but after 10 days of steeping it started to get really good and close to the original

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: AnthonyB

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Hi everyone. Hope you're all well. I'm curious to know what are your most effective coil builds for vaping NETs. How many wraps. wire gauge etc..:)

I'm pretty sure there is not any "most effective" for any type of e-liquid including NETs. There is only what one person prefers over another person's preference. In otherwords, it's just like taste, everyone has their own opinion on it, so you'll need to find out what your opinion is and just go with that.

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
I'm pretty sure there is not any "most effective" for any type of e-liquid including NETs. There is only what one person prefers over another person's preference. In otherwords, it's just like taste, everyone has their own opinion on it, so you'll need to find out what your opinion is and just go with that.

Thanks rdsok. The reason I ask is I find the cotton burns quite quickly, and the coil starts to get gunky after only 10 puffs or so. I have tried 26gauge SS wire, 3mm ID at about .5ohms and alsu tried 28gauge SS wire, 2.5mm ID at about 1.2 ohms. I set it at 10 watts with the air flow quite narrow. I use a single coil. I've used a Narda rda, and a Haku Venna rda. I can get these to work in a MTL way when I narrow the air flow holes. I've been doing this for a while but find I have to change the cotton and clean the coils several times per session. I've used different brands of NETs. I'm starting to think that part of the problem is that I don't use nicotine, so I have a tendency to chain vape a bit which might speed up the gunk/burn factor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread