Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I had heard that Patriot was reformulated a while back and it slipped off my radar. I finally decided to try it again last month and ordered a couple of bottles. In my opinion it is very slightly different but it's just as satisfying as it ever was. Along with Rocketfuel's Reaper, it is the best mass market NET out there as far as I'm concerned. I should note that subtlety often goes over my head and some of the others I've seen people praise are just too light on flavor for me.

I just got a big order from Ty at Stixx Mixx and can only rave about the product and the customer service. The guy is just killing it. The biggest problems I have with his stuff is being able to wait a couple of weeks after I mix it. It's just really hard to have a new bottle freshly mixed from his extracts and not vape it.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I had heard that Patriot was reformulated a while back and it slipped off my radar. I finally decided to try it again last month and ordered a couple of bottles. In my opinion it is very slightly different but it's just as satisfying as it ever was. Along with Rocketfuel's Reaper, it is the best mass market NET out there as far as I'm concerned. I should note that subtlety often goes over my head and some of the others I've seen people praise are just too light on flavor for me.

I just got a big order from Ty at Stixx Mixx and can only rave about the product and the customer service. The guy is just killing it. The biggest problems I have with his stuff is being able to wait a couple of weeks after I mix it. It's just really hard to have a new bottle freshly mixed from his extracts and not vape it.

Yes, the OG Patriot had a tiny bit of added flavoring. The "new" Patriot is unplugged.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I absolutely agree. Actually mailed him yesterday to congratulate him on a product well done. Top notch service to. I asked him why his liquids steeps so fast...he just did the HA HA thing :D

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I agree completely with the comments about StixxMixx.
Great extracts.
I know this is hard, if not impossible, but could someone talk about what the Patriot is like? I get that people love it. But, is it sweet or sour. What other juices is it similar to? Anything at all.
The description on their website isn't that much help for me. I've had numerous NETs from numerous vendors. Some were just too ashy tray, so not quite sure what to expect from Patriot.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I agree completely with the comments about StixxMixx.
Great extracts.
I know this is hard, if not impossible, but could someone talk about what the Patriot is like? I get that people love it. But, is it sweet or sour. What other juices is it similar to? Anything at all.
The description on their website isn't that much help for me. I've had numerous NETs from numerous vendors. Some were just too ashy tray, so not quite sure what to expect from Patriot.
I'm terrible with describing flavors, but I can provide a introduction me sorts. Also mine is like 2 yrs old...not sure how viable it still is.
All I can say is there's a sweetness to it that perfectly balances the smokyness. I can tell it's not a 100% NET. There's some flavoring in there. That's about what I have...hopefully someone more literate in the art of identifying flavors than me, will take it from here...:p

• Informative
Reactions: EleanorR

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
fascinating. I used to love NET.com liquids. I was around when Clay first started the business. I got endless joy from all the different NETs on offer and it took me 3 orders to realize they just weren’t as good as they used to be.

2 orders literally went down the drain. I couldn’t even ‘hate vape’ them. My last order which I got around August last year will likely be my last ever.

I had so many favorites at NET.com. Big spirit, shunjis, Rum Rebellion, Air Cured burley, so many. But nowadays they all taste muddy, old, stale, undefined and unremarkable.

It is a real shame.

Probably a smart move. It had been about a year sense Id ordered from NET.com. I also felt that things had went down hill from several years back Id moved on to other vendors I prefer but I saw the 4th of July promotional email and for reasons I dont even know, figured why not, see if things had gotten better. Just a small order 120ml.

Well I placed the order 7/5.
On 7/11 I received a pre shipment tracking email, just saying a shipping label had been created and USPS is still awaiting the shipment.
Well thats where it still stands today. It appears by the tracking USPS still hasnt received the order. I emailed Clay this morning to look into it. I gave him an out saying hes fine to cancel and refund which honestly Id prefer that, but I figure deserves the chance to fulfill the order if he wants. I wish Id not even ordered. Its definitely the last even if it gets completed.

• Useful
Reactions: Fredman1

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Probably a smart move. It had been about a year sense Id ordered from NET.com. I also felt that things had went down hill from several years back Id moved on to other vendors I prefer but I saw the 4th of July promotional email and for reasons I dont even know, figured why not, see if things had gotten better. Just a small order 120ml.

Well I placed the order 7/5.
On 7/11 I received a pre shipment tracking email, just saying a shipping label had been created and USPS is still awaiting the shipment.
Well thats where it still stands today. It appears by the tracking USPS still hasnt received the order. I emailed Clay this morning to look into it. I gave him an out saying hes fine to cancel and refund which honestly Id prefer that, but I figure deserves the chance to fulfill the order if he wants. I wish Id not even ordered. Its definitely the last even if it gets completed.

It is really sad, as this has been exactly my experience for the last few orders. That, and being issued a certificate for a discount on an order *that did not work* meant that for the first time in years I wasn't even interested when he announced the sale.

Ty announced a couple of new extracts and I ordered them late last week. They will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Stixx Mixx has eliminated any pain at losing my primary source for juice.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I found a NET source that provides me with exactly the type of customer service that I expect. This NET source has hundreds of flavors and blends available. With over a dozen different flavors that I enjoy, and maybe 6 to 8 I absolutely love, and can vape year-round. 30ml bottles of custom made e-liquids for about a dollar, 50 ml bottles for about a buck and a half.
And he's really easy to contact. I see him every time I look in the mirror :D.
This year's "big find" is Cornell & Deihl Three Friars. Rich, dark Burley in front, supported by a touch of sweet Virginia and a smidgen of Perique. Searching for the "next great NET" is a little more satisfying when I an doing it myself.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
It is really sad, as this has been exactly my experience for the last few orders. That, and being issued a certificate for a discount on an order *that did not work* meant that for the first time in years I wasn't even interested when he announced the sale.

Ty announced a couple of new extracts and I ordered them late last week. They will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Stixx Mixx has eliminated any pain at losing my primary source for juice.

It is sad to see NET/Clay basically go under. Of course he never responded to my inquiry. Oh well, I wish him well in whatever he decides to do next. Im going to give Stixx Mixx a look. Thanks for posting this.

Well, there are not that many NET's to choose from. I switched to Real Tobacco Extracts years ago when Clay's order hadn't arrived after a six week wait. I never looked back. Real Extracts always has shipped fast and has never disappointed me with the tobacco extracts. The cigar varieties are wonderful too.

Funny you mention Real Tobacco Extracts. They are one of the vendors I rotate. Placed an order yesterday after realizing the NET order aint coming any time soon if at all. Evan is a little higher then some but with the ecf20 code not so bad, and his extracts are spot on, not to mention his old school customer service.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Just curious...

For those of you using Stixx Mixx, are you MTL or DTL? I'm a MTL guy and have tried a handful of of flavours from Stixx Mixx and they've all left me underwhelmed.

But, and the reason for this post, if I mix them for DTL I find they're damned good. It's almost like he's "tuned" them for DTL folks. It's night and day. The Supreme, in particular, was THE best cigar blend I've tasted...but only DTL. MTL, nothing....

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just curious...

For those of you using Stixx Mixx, are you MTL or DTL? I'm a MTL guy and have tried a handful of of flavours from Stixx Mixx and they've all left me underwhelmed.

But, and the reason for this post, if I mix them for DTL I find they're damned good. It's almost like he's "tuned" them for DTL folks. It's night and day. The Supreme, in particular, was THE best cigar blend I've tasted...but only DTL. MTL, nothing....
MTL here. SM works for me.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Just curious...

MTL. They make great juices for me. I do use a lot more extract than what the descriptions on the site mention. Using 12 mg 70p/30g or 50/50 base. When I first started using his extracts, I made very small (20 ml or so) batches. And just like on a mod, I adjusted to taste from there.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Just curious...

Yep that's me. Hate it in MTL...love it in DL. Always was that way with me actually. Except the first two years. I was hard core MTL then....had mixed feelings about vaping then. All changed when I started DL....restricted. For me airflow gives the flavor. Shutting it down mutes it.
I still want to be a MTLr, but just don't get the satisfaction.

Reactions: ShaneR42

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Yep that's me. Hate it in MTL...love it in DL. Always was that way with me actually. Except the first two years. I was hard core MTL then....had mixed feelings about vaping then. All changed when I started DL....restricted. For me airflow gives the flavor. Shutting it down mutes it.
I still want to be a MTLr, but just don't get the satisfaction.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I used to have a DTL setup always on hand "just for fun", but my MTL vape was the only thing that could satisfy. Anyway, I've never noticed this with any other flavours, just Stixx Mixx. Differences, yes, but not so pronounced. That said, maybe I'll dig out some of the flavours again, do what Geezer does--go crazy with the amounts used-- and see what happens.

Thanks, guys.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Just curious...

Could you please clarify for me how you mix for DTL versus MTL? Not at all sure what you mean nor what I'm doing. I do MTL and I generally am content with Stixx, but maybe I can do better.

• Agree

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Could you please clarify for me how you mix for DTL versus MTL? Not at all sure what you mean nor what I'm doing. I do MTL and I generally am content with Stixx, but maybe I can do better.

When I say, "Mix for DTL", I usually mean lowering the nicotine level (I vape 18mg mtl; 3mg dtl) and maybe changing the pg/vg ratio. That said, the same juice can taste vastly different between the two styles. Usually all the flavours are there when I change to DTL, they're just at different "intensities", so it tastes different...if that makes sense. With Stixx Mixx, this flavour "intensity" is there DTL, but completely disappears when I MTL to the point that there's almost no flavour.

So, in my Stixx Mixx example above, when I mix "The Supreme" at, say, 9% flavouring for DTL...I taste the Havana Wrapper flavour quite distinctly and the other flavours in the blend come through nicely as well. Using the same percentage mix for a MTL setup the flavours are extremely muted and muddled with only a hint of anything tasting like tobacco. So, maybe upping the percentage of flavouring drastically (I've already done double the recommended in the past) will change things...who knows.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
When I say, "Mix for DTL", I usually mean lowering the nicotine level (I vape 18mg mtl; 3mg dtl) and maybe changing the pg/vg ratio. That said, the same juice can taste vastly different between the two styles. Usually all the flavours are there when I change to DTL, they're just at different "intensities", so it tastes different...if that makes sense. With Stixx Mixx, this flavour "intensity" is there DTL, but completely disappears when I MTL to the point that there's almost no flavour.

So, in my Stixx Mixx example above, when I mix "The Supreme" at, say, 9% flavouring for DTL...I taste the Havana Wrapper flavour quite distinctly and the other flavours in the blend come through nicely as well. Using the same percentage mix for a MTL setup the flavours are extremely muted and muddled with only a hint of anything tasting like tobacco. So, maybe upping the percentage of flavouring drastically (I've already done double the recommended in the past) will change things...who knows.

I am not a good reference since I like a strong taste and bite. My favorite juices are latakia which is pretty stout to begin with. So with that disclaimer, I'll say that everything I vape mtl and enjoy so much is mixed with 33-40% extract. For me it's not overpowering at all but just a clear, distinct taste of what has been extracted.

This isn't something that is unique to Stixx. I do the same for any extract I got from N-E-T or My Vape Juice. In fact, if you look at Clay's extract listings, he recommends 25%. On my first order with Stixx, I emailed Ty and asked him if his extracts were a lot stronger than the ones I'd been using. He replied telling me to just do what tasted best and not worry about the ratios he had listed. I took him up on that and have really enjoyed his expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread