Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
the $257 comprises:

v9 kit + 50 carts
2 extra batts (3 batts total)
1 extra charger and 1 usb folding charger (i might leave this out as i now think it is for the mini but its only $5)

If you payed $240 for a similar set-up, then no 35% discount exists. they get their money via jack-up. how much was your shipping?

Last edited:

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Well, since the battery is 30 bucks of a 37 buck starter kit, I can see where the margin is. 35% my ...! I was fretting about gettting an order in before the Olympics close but there is no discount. They'll probably go back to a two battery kit when the discount ends.

They'll never see a buck of mine if that happens though.

Emp

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
so if you got

1 old-style v9 kit + 50 carts
1 extra battery (2 batts total)

then all im getting extra is 1 battery @ $30 and 1 charger @$10
if you had done the same, it would have come out to ~$280...hardly a 35% discount compared to $257 for me. (more like 8%)

They must think they are pretty cute over at loong. cute but poor.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Well, since the battery is 30 bucks of a 37 buck starter kit, I can see where the margin is. 35% my ...! I was fretting about gettting an order in before the Olympics close but there is no discount. They'll probably go back to a two battery kit when the discount ends.

They'll never see a buck of mine if that happens though.

Emp

the original price for the one battery kit with only two cartridges was like $50 bucks emp

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
after everything that we now know about the fatally flawed LT and their crappy service...why is anyone here even considering wasting hundreds of dollars on this current model?...its insane...

wait for the inevitable improved model to spend that kinda dough folks,if youre wise...

Well i agree Darcy- Greencig is abotu ready to launch and might be a much better product, but it too is goign to be quite expensive-- I think it is goign to be quite awhile before a product as 'good as' loongtotem comes along, as crappy as soem of the issues are- it's just a matter of do we want to wait an indeterminant amount of time? Or do we want a pretty good device for alot of $$ now? I'm impatient, and chose the latter- I don't regret the pruchase as I've had a ton of fun reviewing this, messing with it, etc, and I've certainly ...... away more than that in a bar in just a coupel of days, and got nothign for my efforts but lousy hangovers- this product is and will give me a lot longer pleasant experience in my opinion. Apples ot oranges.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yeah Naz...but lots of people arent getting as lucky as you have been with batteries...in fact it sounds like your experience is the exception to the rule...

it just doesnt sound like a good enough product right now to me,certainly not for that kind of brass...but fair play to anyone who wants one,its their money..

in its current incarnation its a compromise,just like the normal ecigs...but in a different way...

i know what youre saying,but im waiting for the improved version,or something like it...and from a more local source,hopefully...

thats why i wont be investing...im out.;)

BTW Naz-have you seen the Gamucci throwaway on another thread?
looks interesting,but again,far too expensive.

IMO,ALL things ecig need to plummet in price...but you know my stance on that already.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I think if I can easily solder the threads fro ma loong battery onto a bigger battery that lasts longer, then this could be quite a good product with just a little work after all. Just need the threads- and if the bigger battery eventually dies- meh- no big deal- dissasemble the threads again ,and resolder onto another battery- no need to buy more expensive loongs batteries.

Yeah- saw the gammucci- interesting- but my loong lasts way more than 300 puffs

Last edited:

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yeah,but the gamucci is truly disposable...no more messing around charging batteries,just like the vegas...

i think its a positive step in the right direction...and if theres one,others will follow-but they better be cheaper...

the Gamucci is ruled out,cos its a rip off...it might last two days max...i could vape well for 2 weeks for $24 if i wanted to.

i'll probably buy one for review anyway...

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Bob was also saying that we need a price war. Damn straight. GreenCig / LT deathmatch to start, Janty / Sedansa for round two etc
there wont be a price war,because people cant wait to hand over their cash to the big brands...who are too damn greedy to lower their prices to a level required in order to start meaningful competition.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
BIG NEWS!!! I just got back from my brother's house, and we took the threads off my loongtotem battery, cut hte wires, took the threads out of my SmartFixx battery, cut hte wires, left htem dangling enough to solder the loongtotem thread's wires on, popped the new loongtotem threads that we soldered to hte wires of hte SmartFixx battery back into the SmartFixx battery and WOW! it's msoking VERY VERY well, even despite the SmartFixx battery being abotu 3/4 drained because I hadn't charged it after using irt before we did this little project. The Vapor is much easier to make, the draw is not quite as light as the loong battery, BUT I only have to draw abotu 1/2 as much to get the same amount of vapor! I can also take a long drag without hte light blinking after only 3 seconds or so like with hte loong bqattery

Sorry for the CAPS, but I'm quite stoked about htis- I'm chargign the battery right now to see if it will indeed charge or not- I'll have to post back here in a couple of hours if it works or not.

Battery issues? Nope! lol The only hting that will suck is that I'll need the threads off more loong batteries, but I've got two, and I spose I can just keep doing the project I described above when the SmartFixx batteries eventually die-

did I mention that I'm stoked about htis? :)

I'm exhausted right now, missed my nap, but I'll post pictures later if anyone wants to see?

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
nice one naz. im stoked for you son! i was imagining the battery wouldnt do justice to the cart as it is probably only a 3.7 volt....but no, no, no..so what is loong doing messing around with a 4.7 for? unless smartfix are also 4.7v which i doubt.

in other news...i came here to ask what did you guys pay at customs for the loong? what is an e-cig classed under? is there away to skirt around it? im a total import virgin.

Im waiting for a dead battery so I can do somthing similar but all my batterys seem to be going strong
careful what you wish for there GTO ...ha ha ha

ps..yeah roll on the pics naz..you got me wide awake! does the thread from the loong fit the circumference of the smarfix casing? and how did you get the bugger out?

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Im waiting for a dead battery so I can do somthing similar but all my batterys seem to be going strong

seems like these batts come with a murphy's irony chip already installed. plead them to live and they'll be dead in an hour. im gonna start trying your method GTO, just lost another soldier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread