Need a new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
Kingwood, TX
Hello to everyone. I'm new here (well, actively lol) and wanted to get some advice on buying a new mod. Mainly what kind and where to buy.

I have had a few different kinds but my favorite has been the joyetech eVic VT and joyetech eVic VTwo. However, I now want something different because all 3 of mine are now paperweight from one thing or another. And it seems I'm nowhere close to being the only one.

I will be using Kangertech Toptank mini with .5ohm OCC coils.

3 features it MUST have: Variable voltage, a built in battery, and puff counter.

Other than that, the looks and design really don't matter. Although a long battery life is always a plus.

Given these factors, it would be a huge help if you all could give me some suggestions. I was refered here by a buddy who is a regular and he said this would be a great place to ask. Seems a lot of you really know quite a lot about this particular thing. Thanks in advanced!!

-Christopher

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    I think alot of newer mods have moved to wattage over voltage. If you can still find them the old Wismec pressa 40watts where great for me still have one thats kicking, 3 years now. Only bad thing with built in battery is once the batteries are gone you just have another paper weight

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    The Aspire NX75A can do variable voltage and it has a puff counter. It is better built than most mods. Here's a post with some videos and photos...

The best built mod that I own is the Aspire NX75A. The "A" version is made better than most mods, including most DNA mods. It is machined from a block of aluminum similar to how an atomizer deck is manufactured. That type of construction is usually only on high end mods. The NX75A is the only inexpensive mod that I've seen with this construction. Most mods are cast from zinc alloy because it is much cheaper to manufacture.

Comparison of "A" and "Z" versions of the NX75:
    NX75-A CNC machined from solid aluminum, anodized, USB-C, free silicone protective case
    NX75-Z Zinc alloy, painted, micro-USB

This video shows how it is manufactured from a solid block of aluminum:

In addition to the superior construction, anodized aluminum has a rockwell hardness of around 60 so it is much more durable than paint.

View attachment 791263

View attachment 791261

The "A" version also has USB-C which is less likely to break than micro USB.

View attachment 791265

Last edited:

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Thank you all for your replies.

I'm sorry for the confusion..My mistake, it can be variable voltage or wattage. I just want to control this so I can get the best taste possible. Hopefully this will open up my options more.

Do any of you have opinions on the Vapresso Tarot Nano?

Btw, I just made another thread because my backup mod died now, too. Omg!!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have a Vapersso Tarot nano. I kind of love it (won it) and I have dunked it twice in coffee so that should tell you about its size, it really is small. Which I like. Easy to operate and after both coffee dunks it was fine.

The downside is it's an internal mod so it's not going to last forever. But, that is really it's main and only downside. It's one of my favorite mods which I was not expecting.

Anna

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Oh wow that Aegis Mini does look pretty cool. Okay so to keep this simple, let's say it's between the Tarot Nano and Aegis Mini....

Now, is there a particular website I should buy either from? Otherwise I'll just do a Google search.

Thanks, again, everyone. I was so bummed out earlier and now at least I know what to do next!

Reactions: stols001

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    I actually went ahead and bought a Aegis Mini. I'm an active Marine so the camo option was appealing lol.

Very important question; What should I charge this with? It came with a micro usb cord but it's very short and no adapter. I have a few Samsung fast chargers free, can I use these?
    posted_1.png

Reactions: stols001

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Hey guys just wanted to post an update. So like I said I went with the Aegis Mini. I was so lucky that my local vape shop had it! I also ordered a Kanger Toptank mini from MFS. I'm using the Aegis with a bank up Toptank I have now. It is EXACTLY what I wanted.

This may sound petty...but as you see in my first post, I have "requirements" for my mod. So when I found the VTwo I stuck with it for years. When it would break for one reason or the other, I would buy a new one anyways even KNOWING they are garbage and it won't last more than a few months. I've been doing this just because I didn't know of any others like it. So when my daily AND my backup broke the other day it was actually somewhat stressful. Using the same mod for years, you tend to fall behind on the newest mods and all of that.

So I want to sincerely thank you all for taking the time to respond and help me out. You didn't have to do that, but you did. So, disaster diverted lol.

I am a happy... Vaperer? Vaporer? Vapor?
    biggrin.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread