Need advice on Nic levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be totally wrong here, and this is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, but if you can vape e-juice at a nicotine level of 4mg/ml, and not increase frequency of vaping as a result, I would guess that this might even be healthier than using nicotine free juice.

Nicotine has several "good" properties and is natually produced in the non-smokers body. It force feeds us fats in a similar manner to adrenaline, and some research which I have read (which I cannot currently link to, sorry) suggests that it prevents cancerous tumour formation and growth.

The real problem is that there has been no good study into the health effects of nicotine when separated from the TSNS chemicals found in tobacco products (some of the evil 4000)

In response to your question about totally wicked's "diabolo Loco" flavouring for throat hit:
Sounds interesting. What does it do to your throat and mouth though.

It makes you cough, and rasps your throat. If you use too many drops of it, then the cough can actually hurt you due to spicyness. There isn't really a "taste" to it, it doesn't really cause any effect in the mouth in the concentrations I have suggested to you, its much more of a "throat hit" flavouring. The nose, however, is another story. Exhaling through your nose will make your eyes water and make you screw your face up as if you need to sneeze. It not unpleasant if you're a sadist though.

It really is super-concentrated throat hit in a bottle.

Medically, chilli is not a harmful substance if not abused. Basically, if you're not causing yourself prolonged and intense pain, it doesn't harm you. The main danger with concentrated chilli extracts are what they do to the sphincter the next day, and that is a non-issue in e-juice. Again, this is purely a comfort issue, as ....ting fire just hurts, it doesn't hurt you :D

Just make sure you use at most 0.5% of the flavouring in your finished e-juice to begin with, and there is no danger of an uncontrollable pain reaction. Obviously this could be really bad news or fatal if driving

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
In case you are wondering, it doesn't even really taste of spicy food... It tastes more like a combination of sandpaper and fire :)

This is, of course, something that you add to your usual juice for extra throat hit. One drop per 200 or 400 drops is enough to add TH, a little goes a long way :D

I am also talking about a flavour concentrate, not a mixed e-juice, in case you are wondering

Holy everloving crap. That's 500,000SHU capcaisin! Not pure (that's 16,000,000SHU) but that heat is police-grade pepper spray, which is stupidly hot. However, 1 drop diluted in 3ml of PG and then added in 1-4% concentration to any E-liquid should probably produce a nice kick.

I already have two other throat hit boosters coming (Throat Hit Plus, another capcaisin blend, and Flash, which is some proprietary nicotine alternative). I wouldn't mind trying this, except TW's shipping outside of the US is brain-stabbingly expensive. Pity.

yep. its stupidly hot. I treat this flavour concentrate in the same way as I treat pure nicotine, exercising good laboratory practices, using personal protective gear, fastidious cleanliness, having a dedicated pipette to dose it, and keeping it sealed inside a locked container when not in use.

I dilute it into a weaker working solution which I store with the rest of my e-juice flavour concentrates, but I wrap this one up tight in a thin sandwich bag, put a large CROSS symbol onto it, and write IRRITANT in block letters on the bottle.

Mindfield: ...And I think you may be suggesting to use too little. 1 drop in 3ml of e-juice is totally smokable, but still really strong. By my calculations that would be about a 1.5% concentration. I personally use it at 2%, and recommend to people wanting to try it to give kick to another juice to use maximum 0.5% concentration before they begin.

That would be your "1 drop in 3ml of PG" used at about 33% concentration max. Then again, I am a little loco myself. 1 drop is 3ml would probably need at least 10% to give a good throat hit, but any amount is more hit than without
:D

IGNORE ME I'M AN IDIOT. I wasn't vaping that 2% juice neat, I was using it to spice up a cartomizer of unflavoured liquid. Sorry I had a hurr durr moment and gave out some really bad advice there!

I don't know forum rules and blah blah blah but if you tell me the shipping quote for 10ml of their juice to the USA I'm pretty sure I could do it much cheaper by just throwing a 5ml bottle in the post along with about 10 warning information slips.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Dormouse: have you tried TW juice "Diabolo Loco"?

If you hate spice, then please allow the name to put you off, it means "Crazy devil" and it is almost pure capsican spice. Use it at 1% max if you want throat hit, probably closer to 0.25% is better unless you're REALLY into spicy food.

This is the ULTIMATE throat hit, trust me. Using a dangerous and addictive drug to provide throat sensation isn't really that great an idea when you sit back and think about it...

Why would you want to do that?

Someone was saying that they don't use 0-nicotine juice because it does not provide enough throat hit. That was my response.

I advocated using chilli instead of nicotine for the same result. Lots of people do not reduce their nicotine level because it also reduces the throat sensation, and I was saying that using nicotine to give TH wasn't a good idea. But do whatever works for you, as long as you stay safe!!

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Mindfield: ...And I think you may be suggesting to use too little. 1 drop in 3ml of e-juice is totally smokable, but still really strong. By my calculations that would be about a 1.5% concentration. I personally use it at 2%, and recommend to people wanting to try it to give kick to another juice to use maximum 0.5% concentration before they begin.

That would be your "1 drop in 3ml of PG" used at about 33% concentration max. Then again, I am a little loco myself. 1 drop is 3ml would probably need at least 10% to give a good throat hit, but any amount is more hit than without :D

Yeah, I was just doing a back-of-the-napkin kind of figuring on what would be a good dilution -- honestly I don't know what kind of concentration produces a good TH that isn't harsh, so that was just a WAG. The Throat Hit Plus I have coming is probably not nearly as concentrated because they suggest 1-4% concentration. They also call it a custom capsicum blend, so it may have other ingredients in it.

I don't know forum rules and blah blah blah but if you tell me the shipping quote for 10ml of their juice to the USA I'm pretty sure I could do it much cheaper by just throwing a 5ml bottle in the post along with about 10 warning information slips.

Well, I know TW USA charges $3 to ship within the continental US, but they don't have options for specific parts of the rest of the world, just "rest of the world" which throws up that $36 shipping figure, which is, quite obviously, absurd.

That is, indeed, completely stupid. 5 grams of e-liquid in a 5ml bottle weighs in at 8 grams total. You could probably send that to the international space station for less than $36. Seeing as you are in Canada and you are a regular here, you'll probably be better off asking one of your American friends to re-post the stuff for you.

If you need me to do it, just private message me asking for my paypal info, and I'll package some up and ask our postal service for a quote and get back to you on a price. You pay me and I send it. Just don't vape it all at once :D

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't need THAT much TH haha. If it doesn't gunk up attys and cartos I might try 1 drop well diluted w/ PG then 1 drop of that into a small amount of eliquid. I also have some black pepper flavoring and ejuice I have never tryied as an additive as well as QhIt which I have never tried. it would be nice to give my 0mg RY4 a bit of hit.

But at the same time, I would still like to lessen my dependence on hit. I do hope to vape 0mg some day. I have lessened my dependence on hit a LOT. I certainly would not want to escalate the need. But that reminds me I deserve new cartos this weekend yay. I got 3 weeks out of this 510/KR8 pair but that KR8 one is struggling a bit while the Boge is tempting me to got for 4 weeks on it.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Someone was saying that they don't use 0-nicotine juice because it does not provide enough throat hit. That was my response.

I advocated using chilli instead of nicotine for the same result. Lots of people do not reduce their nicotine level because it also reduces the throat sensation, and I was saying that using nicotine to give TH wasn't a good idea. But do whatever works for you, as long as you stay safe!!

Oh I see, thanks.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
That is, indeed, completely stupid. 5 grams of e-liquid in a 5ml bottle weighs in at 8 grams total. You could probably send that to the international space station for less than $36. Seeing as you are in Canada and you are a regular here, you'll probably be better off asking one of your American friends to re-post the stuff for you.

Indeed. I had to do that with Throat Hit Plus. Not because shipping from them was expensive, but because The Vapor Pro doesn't have an export license. But even then, the total cost of 5 bottles of THP shipped to the fellow in the US and then forwarded to me was still less than the cost of TW's shipping alone.

If you need me to do it, just private message me asking for my paypal info, and I'll package some up and ask our postal service for a quote and get back to you on a price. You pay me and I send it. Just don't vape it all at once :D

I may just do that, as a matter of fact, and thank you for the offer! And I think you needn't worry about vaping it all at once. I'm mad, but I'm not crazy. :D

I'm throwing a sample of diabolo loco his way, and he apparently has a few more to do the pepsi challenge with. Should be interesting to hear the results.

I have a favourite smoking blend, my all-day vape if you will. It's an 18mg mix of "virginian gold" "real banana" and "caramel" all from totally wicked with 50% vg. I keep the flavours at 18mg and 30% flavouring, each in their own dropper bottle, and add unflavoured 18mg e-juice when the flavour is too strong. Normally about half flavoured e-juice and half base.

I was dripping a few more drops of caramel into it to change the flavour balance, and when i toked it I thought for a second I'd been dripping 54mg neat juice into it by accident. It gave me the "prickly throat" feeling that you get when hitting juice that is too strong.

I hadn't overloaded it on nicotine, I'd accidentally put about 6 drops of 18mg 2% "Diabolo Loco" into the cartomizer instead of "caramel". But it fooled me for a second!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Flavourart sells a QHit you should be able to get. Flavourart is a flavoring company so one of the Canada ecig vendors might have it. I don't know how it compares.

They've replaced QHit with Flash now, which is supposed to be a reformulated, smoother blend and a direct alternative to nicotine. I've got a 100ml bottle on the way as we speak to try out.

I'm throwing a sample of diabolo loco his way, and he apparently has a few more to do the pepsi challenge with. Should be interesting to hear the results.

I'll be doing a video roundup/showdown of the 3 to see who's got the goods. I'll be doing it all blind (that is, I won't be trying them before filming) so if I don't mix the Diablo Loco down quite far enough or put too much of the correctly diluted stuff in my carto, you may get to see some fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread