Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
66yrs.

LOL. .....Ha!
Yeah, I know, smoking kills.
She used to smoke 20-25 a day but cut down to 10 or so a day about 8yrs ago.

Well, it killed my husband and his mother within one year of each other. It doesn’t kill everyone, but when it gets you, it’s an ugly way to go.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
So, I sent her home with a gold Smok QBox, a red Innokin Zenith and a pack of 1.6ohm coils.
She seemed to like that combination. I offered her a Kroma-Zenith set up but I think she didnt like the feel of the mod, too skinny.
I have to admit, I dont know why but that little qbox with the zenith on top did feel and look kinda cool. I will kinda miss it.
I organised for some 12mg unflavoured nic to be sent to her home and sent a list of instructions and links to vids to my brother. His job to change coils etc.
In conversation with my mum I asked her if she really wanted to try vaping or if she was just going along with my enthusiasm for it. I also mentioned that she never really tried the vape while she was staying with us. She said she used it when we werent around, she felt foolish using it in front of us. I know she used it because I topped it up a couple of times.
Just the mindset I find interesting, she had no problem arcing up a cigarette 6-10 times a day in front of me but felt funny about sitting there vaping with me. Ive encountered this mindset before with a friend who only vapes at home but smokes cigs when out and about. He says he feels like a bit of a dick vaping. Me, I dont care how I look or what people think, just happy not to smoke cigs.
I can imagine her sitting out on her private balcony quietly tootle puffing away on her vape rather than her cigs, but time will tell I guess. At this stage its more about saving pennies than anything else.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ohhhhh! I really wish your Mum the best of luck - whatever she chooses to do! She sounds like a darling. Having lost my Mum 3 years ago I would give ANYTHING to have just one more day with her. You are so lucky - and so is she to have you for a 'child'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread