Need Help Building/Finding Best Vape for Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulJ

Mar 30, 2019
Hey all!
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum? I’m new and this one is literally titled “ask the veterans” so i’m Asking lol.

I vaped for about 9 months back in 2014 and stopped because I could feel my throat burned/scarred. My buddy told me recently that it should have never happened and it was because I had a bad quality device? Or maybe the technology has just come quite a bit further since then? (Think I had an Aspire around $80.00)

Either way! I love nicotine more than (other stuff) or alcohol, but don’t want to smoke or chew to get it due to obvious health reasons. So I’m looking to either buy the highest quality (or inevitably) build my own custom device.

I’m going for something that is very smooth and easy/cool on the throat that doesn’t very obviously and blatantly burn/damage my throat and body. But since health is my focus (as healthy as I can be while getting my nicotine high lol) I also want to make sure I’m not inhaling any unknown metals/materials, so it’s got to be titanium grade 1 I’m thinking? Or wood? No idea here.

I’ve done research and looked at guides but it’s difficult For me to distinguish what is good and what’s not. I understand it’s a preference thing, but the only thing I care about is the safest possible vaping method. A high quality device with a pro atomizer and good material so it lasts and doesn’t hurt me in the long run (more than it already will lol)

Looking for suggestions, links, and help.

Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Paul and welcome :)

I don't know really why you had the experience you describe...something went wrong somewhere. Most every device that has variable wattage can be warm or cool depending on your settings.

A lot of what you say makes me think that a pod device might work for you using nicotine salts which are much smoother than freebase nicotine. Something like this one...here's a link to my review I wrote recently.

Vladdin RE review. How does it stack up?

A very well thought of variable wattage device if this is what you would prefer is the Innokin Kroma with the Zenith tank. It's often suggested on this forum as a starter kit.

Out of interest...do you smoke right now or are you thinking of starting vaping without being a smoker?

PaulJ

Mar 30, 2019
Hi Paul and welcome :)

I don't know really why you had the experience you describe...something went wrong somewhere. Most every device that has variable wattage can be warm or cool depending on your settings.

A lot of what you say makes me think that a pod device might work for you using nicotine salts which are much smoother than freebase nicotine. Something like this one...here's a link to my review I wrote recently.

Vladdin RE review. How does it stack up?

A very well thought of variable wattage device if this is what you would prefer is the Innokin Kroma with the Zenith tank. It's often suggested on this forum as a starter kit.

Out of interest...do you smoke right now or are you thinking of starting vaping without being a smoker?
I did smoke a few years ago and don’t want to start again. I want the nicotine without being a smoker

Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I did smoke a few years ago and don’t want to start again. I want the nicotine without being a smoker

Well you know that if you're over the nic withdrawal that's the most healthy thing. Air is better than vapour :)

I wouldn't encourage vaping if you're totally cool with not smoking anymore.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A lot of odd stuff in that post, and I would not recommend building anything at this point in your vaping career. Building your own setup I mean.

If nic was "burning" your through, either your vape was too hot, your setup was delivering more nicotine than you needed per puff, or a variety of other possibilities.

Do you like big clouds of vapor? If so, you may want a drop in or rebuildable tank that you can put on a device with temperature control which should eliminate the "burning HOT" if that's what you had type of deal. There are tons of reasonably good to totally excellent regulated mods to be had at that price point.

Also, a low ohms high output vape, you need a nic level of somewhere from 2 mg/ml to 6 at the highest. Probably lower since you are now nic naiive.

Also, you may be PG sensitive or just have had too high PG in which case lowering it could help especially in a large cloudy setup.

If you want a mouth to lung, low power device, you would vape it at a lower wattage, and or temp.

It is harder to find great TC capable drop in MTL tanks, but if you get something like a Siren V2 (easy to build very easy, but if you get one wash it thoroughly it can come liberally coated in machine oil), a doggy style clone (you can find one at fasttech) the Ephro Nature True tank is one of my favorites (it's pretty restricted) and you can build or buy your own coils, made of TC sensitive materials. You can then also use TC to control the quality of the vape.

There is tons more to say but I am getting typed out. But, as far as battery safety go HERE:

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

The most important part of safety for your vape is this, actually. You need to get batteries for whatever device you get from an authorized vendor and learn to treat them properly.

Best of luck and welcome

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I’m going for something that is very smooth and easy/cool on the throat
You may want to examine a few of the most common factors:
Type and manufacturer of the nicotine. Freebase or nicotine salts.
re: Freebase vs. Salt Nicotine: What's the difference?
Juices with Salts Thoughts?
Might want to check if you are PG or VG sensitive.
re: PG Sensitivity
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
The temperature you vape may be to harsh.
re: Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
Higher Resistance, Lower Wattage vs Lower Resistance, Higher Wattage
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing: 10 Tips To Maximise Flavour
How many watts do you vape at?
Please feel free to follow up if you still are having problems. Be sure to reference this post and let us know what you have tried to remedy your problem.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I suggest that you get a simple regulated mod (with variable wattage) and a clearomizer tank (accepts factory made replacement coils) for on top. Many starter setups provide you with both items. An Innokin Kroma starter kit or Geekvape Aegis starter kit would be two that I recommend.

I'd stay away from any mechanical mod (no electrical circuit) or rebuildable tank/dripper (RBA rebuildable atomizer that requires the user to make their own coils) until you gain more knowledge and experience.

The blog below was written for beginner vapers. I suggest that you read that prior to making any purchases.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread