And I want to calculate how much nicotine I take in 1 hit
here's the details
I vape 18mg
with 50watts
4 second average hit
And about 600 puffs a day
how much mg do I get per hit?

appreciate all help
you need to tell exactly how many milliliters of the eliquid goes into those 600 puffs.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
well it's 8 ml per tank let's say about 120 puffs
8ml X 18mg/ml = 144mg nicotine per tank

144 divided by 120 = 1.2 mg nic per puff. this is how you can roughly figure this out, precise measurements would give precise results.

added, there is no way to figure out how much of this nic you actually absorb, this is just how much is available in the vapor...

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

144 divided by 120 = 1.2 mg nic per puff. this is how you can roughly figure this out, precise measurements would give precise results.

added, there is no way to figure out how much of this nic you actually absorb, this is just how much is available in the vapor...
thanks for the quick help needed that info thanks again

Reactions: ENAUD

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
well it's 8 ml per tank let's say about 120 puffs

As ENAUD mentioned, your Total Nicotine intake per 8ml Tank is 144mg.

But as he also mentioned, knowing the average amount of Absorbed Nicotine (like how Cigarettes are rated in the USA) is more difficult.

Some studies were done comparing 1st and 2nd (and 3rd ?) generation e-Cigarettes for Nicotine Absorption rates. Can't seem to find them in my Bookmarks.

But as I recall, newer hardware Absorption Rates were somewhere in the 25 ~ 40% range.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As ENAUD mentioned, your Total Nicotine intake per 8ml Tank is 144mg.

But as he also mentioned, knowing the average amount of Absorbed Nicotine (like how Cigarettes are rated in the USA) is more difficult.

Some studies were done comparing 1st and 2nd (and 3rd ?) generation e-Cigarettes for Nicotine Absorption rates. Can't seem to find them in my Bookmarks.

But as I recall, newer hardware Absorption Rates were somewhere in the 25 ~ 40% range.

ETA:

I found this Study work that was done Dr. Farsalinos...

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new generation devices

(Actual Study - Same Name for Hyperlink)
Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices

But what I couldn't find was a Nice, Condensed, Overview that the ECF had that showed some simplified Graphs and Charts.

If I come across it, I'll post it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

While these numbers are correct, I doubt the OP is using ALL of that 8ml before refilling. Most people refill when it get low to avoid dry hits. So the actual used amount is probably more like 6.5ml to 7ml.

Reactions: DaveP

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
While these numbers are correct, I doubt the OP is using ALL of that 8ml before refilling. Most people refill when it get low to avoid dry hits. So the actual used amount is probably more like 6.5ml to 7ml.
hence the precise measurements comment. ;) The larger the sample number compared to the puff counts would give a better estimation, ( like puff counts compared to ten, twenty, fifty ml) which is all this type of figuring is capable of anyhow...

• Informative
Reactions: Marcel K

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
is that too much ?

Marcel, as Charlie1465 said, your nic level should be just high enough to satisfy the desire for nic. Too high and you will experience a dizzy sensation and cold fingers, probably like the time you first started smoking cigarettes. Nicotine contracts small blood vessels. To much and the above will happen.

Whatever keeps you off the cigarettes is enough nic. Find your nic level and adjust to the minimum level that satisfies and keeps you from smoking. The number of puffs and the nic percentage is something that you will automatically adapt to as you continue to vape.

• Useful
Reactions: Marcel K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread