The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need help deciding...

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by pman3255, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Yep, that's a 2.5. It has crop circles ;)

2. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    Ah thank you!

I have very, very large hands and I believe this device is the perfect size in the full version for me; thus me ending up with 2 provari by the end of this week and one right now haha.

The mini is just too small, I would drop it and break it probably. The full isn't even that bad I enjoy it.

How would one install one of those pro rings?

3. KY_Rob

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    The ProRings really just sit on the nose cone and are held in place with the topper.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    Oh thank you for those pics! I sat there like a dummy rubbing my hands raw trying to unscrew it... LOL.

The b&m I went to was so cool. E Cig and vapor lounge? They matched the price for the online provari... Cost me 159.99 plus I bought an aw imr 18490 for 12.99 total 187.73 or something. That is crazy a b&m would do that. I'm so happy with it! I was planning on buying the kit for the mini at 209 ended with a full 2.5 provari and a batt since I have chargers and tanks... Awesome.

5. Blkboyan

Blkboyan Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    United States
    Congrats!! Here is my toy.:vapor:

312193d1394043057-do-i-need-get-my-second-provari-20140303_212002.jpg

6. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Well I have very very small hands and I like the full version too. :D

7. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    Oh well good! What is the standard voltage for batteries?

I have an aw imr 18490 I just bought and it reads 3.7v. Is this standard? Usually my batts read 4.1v fully charged just wondering in case this is bad for the battery to run at 3.7v. Thanks!

8. KY_Rob

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Make sure you charge that new 18490 before you use it. Most new batts are a little flakey the first couple of charge cycles, but settle out just fine after that. My PILA will charge then to 4.1v every time.

9. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    Ah thank you for this advice! I definitely did not know this I'm glad you told me. Much appreciated! I was using it right out of the box.

10. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Uhh, I never check mine. I guess I should start doing that. I see green on the charger and use it. Oops

11. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    It's probably just the first few that matter. What kind of charger do you have?

12. KY_Rob

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Personally, I routinely check the voltages on my batteries every time I change them. Both the dead one and the full one. Easily done with "Cb" right on the Provari :D

13. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    [ QUOTE=KY_Rob;12478597]Personally, I routinely check the voltages on my batteries every time I change them. Both the dead one and the full one. Easily done with "Cb" right on the Provari :D[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, well that's good to know. I think the e2 error is voltage too high on too low of batt? Got that once

14. KY_Rob

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Oh ok, well that's good to know. I think the e2 error is voltage too high on too low of batt? Got that once[/QUOTE]

E2 means "Current Limit Exceeded". That means it's trying to go higher than 3.5amps. Probably too low of resistance with too high of a voltage setting. Easiest resolution is to:
    1) use a higher resistance coil
    2) dial back the voltage

15. KY_Rob

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
  16. pman3255

pman3255 Moved On

Feb 16, 2014
    Texas
    Thank you for that link! Will do!

And appreciate the help with the error I tried and it's working wonderfully

17. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Just the basic one with the two battery chargers things. Lol, I don't know what it's called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.