Need help to stick to vaping . major coughing problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I don't know trying about 0mg nic flavorless. I've recently tried it and had to either put some nic in it or some flavoring. It just tastes watery, I couldn't handle it, YMMV. I just went up to 3-4 mg nic and it was fine then.

I like vaping straight PG/VG every once in a while . For her it would probably be only til she gets over the coughing anyway .

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
I bet it's just cuz she's smoked so long. I have had to deal with this when EVERY single person that has tried my pv... Possibly because I have been vaping 24 mg, :D. Good luck with it, my wife's memaw has a kr 808 but she won't use it for the very same reason as your momma. Good luck, I hope she can find something that works!

-Sam

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I feel for all of you that have a difficult time, and or the loved ones you are trying to convert.

There are a few thing I have to say on this...

1. The learning curve is different for everyone.
2. The pg/vg ratio is different for everyone.
3. The comfortable nic level is different for everyone.
4. When they really get the hang of it THEN sometimes you have to increase the nic (a little at a time) to fit their addiction level.
5. If they are having a hard time of it and REALLY I mean REALLY love cigs+ don't care about health/ don't care about saving money/ or any of the bennies, then.... (and I am really sorry to say this but) It just wont work for them.

They have to care enough and want to quit cigs/ or switch to a better alternative; to try and learn how to use the pv.

I have seen all sides. For me it was easy, I got the hang of it within 30 min. My DH took about a day. Our friend STILL (Its been 2.5 weeks, different juices pg/vg lvls, and nic) cannot use our PV right, still coughs, doesn't care or want a pv at all. And only bums the pv for a drag or 2 when out of cigs. As harsh as it is for him (and completely unenjoyable) he craves MORE nic. He has said that he flat out does not want to switch and expects to die young. Okay... I am not one to push. To each his own. DH's father has tried ours and still coughs, however he is willing to try. He wants to get his own PV in January and not buy smokes anymore. He is the type class that is willing to try for the health/ more over the $$$ saving bennies.

So it really depends on a lot of factors. If you are willing to hand in there and hold there hand through the process it could be very bennificial. That what I do for all who are interested. When they really gave it a good try and don't like it, I let go. *hugs*

BTW my first couple of drags/pulls of the day still give my throat/ lungs a slight tikkle.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I tried a couple combos and flavors with her and at no nic 50/50 she was coughing a lot less on some juices . I made her a chocolate caramel juice she barely coughed with and she was even able to handle 3mg pomegrenate juice i made her . She is not really inhaling much but it seems to be doing better the the higher mg juice she was choking on before .

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I tried a couple combos and flavors with her and at no nic 50/50 she was coughing a lot less on some juices . I made her a chocolate caramel juice she barely coughed with and she was even able to handle 3mg pomegrenate juice i made her . She is not really inhaling much but it seems to be doing better the the higher mg juice she was choking on before .

That's great news! She'll achieve her nirvana yet through process of elimination through to process of addition. She's lucky to have such a dedicated, helpful, caring and educated vaper in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread