Need help with new vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
I have been using a Nok Pod 2 by smok since end of February and decided to get a new vape today. I got a voopoo drag 2 and set it up follow the instructions, which weren't exactly helpful, and when I go to vape I get this slight burning sensation at the back of my throat. I tried looking for settings for the vape online and on youtube but doesn't seem to be anything useful to stop this burning feeling. First I thought it was the coil but the coil is brand new and i did soak it before putting it in, like I would with my smok one but nothing is helping. Can anyone help me with the settings such as temperature SS, Watt s, Watt r and ones on youtube said there were 3 settings for FIT but on mine it only has 2, so i'm all kind of confused here.

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
Hi and welcome,
What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?
Is it salt based or regular nicotine?

Cheers
I
im using "the panther series pink blackcurrant soft drink" with "nic' n mix nicotine booster". Like I can vape my smok without any problems and now i got this one with all these settings and what not, i can only have like 2 or 3 puffs on the drag 2 and back of my throat is burning

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi @davinationtv and welcome. I think Izan wants to know the exact nicotine concentration of your eliquid. I'm not familiar with your setup, but, generally, the higher the wattage you use, the lower nic concentration you should use due to the increased amount of vapor you're inhaling.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
What is the nicotine content of the juice your using? What wattage do you have it set on? What atomizer are you using? What is the resistance of the coil? The drag 2 is an awesome amazing mod, I have one and I love it. We need details before we can help you.

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
What is the nicotine content of the juice your using? What wattage do you have it set on? What atomizer are you using? What is the resistance of the coil? The drag 2 is an awesome amazing mod, I have one and I love it. We need details before we can help you.
I had the watts at 60 on each and put it down to 40 on each and nicotine is 0.6, the temperature was on 600 and i dropped it to 400 and its not burning as much but it still is

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I had the watts at 60 on each and put it down to 40 on each and nicotine is 0.6, the temperature was on 600 and i dropped it to 400 and its not burning as much but it still is

.6 nic is 6mg/ml, so it's not very high, but .3 would probably be better for high wattage DL style of vaping.

I also advise NOT going above 400-420°F. No matter what strength nic you're using.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
what about what s and r watt level? the max for each is 60

I'm sorry, I don't vape at those wattages. I'm an MTL vaper--just trying to help. When I use TC, I set my watts at 25 and temperature at 370 or 380°F and adjust up if necessary. For DL, high wattage vaping, you may want to set the watts a bit higher, but I'm not sure how much higher. I'm sure others will chime in to help soon.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Unless you're using stainless steel coils, you dont need to be using TC mode. If your coils are kanthal set it in wattage mode. I'm using kanthal mesh .17ohms and I don't vape this over 55 watts. I had an original drag but I like the drag 2 even better, if that's possible. These mods are really nice even though I don't use all the fancy functions. The one thing you should watch though is when you change a coil, the mod will present the wattage way higher than you actually need. My .17ohm coils, when I put a fresh one in and screw on the tank causes the board to reset wattage to like 90watts. If you dont catch this and turn it way down before you take the first vape, its gonna toast the wick right off from the start. You do have the option to choose yes or no for new coil so either choose no so it will set the wattage at the last setting or choose yes and be prepared to lower the wattage way down so you can slowly break in the new coil and wick. I do like this mod and it's very easy to get a great vape from it. Just pay attention to what you're doing. And you still didnt say what kind of atomizer and coil setup you're using, this info would also be helpful in helping you enjoy your vape. I will say it's a big step up from using a pod too.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I also advise going above 400-420°F. No matter what strength nic you're using.
    Did you mean to type "I also advise not going above 400-420°F. No matter what strength nic you're using." instead?

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
    Unless you're using stainless steel coils, you dont need to be using TC mode. If your coils are kanthal set it in wattage mode. I'm using kanthal mesh .17ohms and I don't vape this over 55 watts. I had an original drag but I like the drag 2 even better, if that's possible. These mods are really nice even though I don't use all the fancy functions. The one thing you should watch though is when you change a coil, the mod will present the wattage way higher than you actually need. My .17ohm coils, when I put a fresh one in and screw on the tank causes the board to reset wattage to like 90watts. If you dont catch this and turn it way down before you take the first vape, its gonna toast the wick right off from the start. You do have the option to choose yes or no for new coil so either choose no so it will set the wattage at the last setting or choose yes and be prepared to lower the wattage way down so you can slowly break in the new coil and wick. I do like this mod and it's very easy to get a great vape from it. Just pay attention to what you're doing. And you still didnt say what kind of atomizer and coil setup you're using, this info would also be helpful in helping you enjoy your vape. I will say it's a big step up from using a pod too.
    I'm currently using one of the coils that came with the drag but i also brought some 0.6 coils aswell. I just can't get more then one smooth puff from it before it starts to feel nasty at the back of my throat. my smok never gave me this problem just now when i try and upgrade with all this stupid functions.

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
    Hello @davinationtv, what tank and coils are you using please?

As if it's the one that comes with the Drag 2, I think that the coils are Kanthal. And unfortunately you can't use Kanthal with TC mode, as mods aren't able to read the resistance change when it's heated.
    i dunno about tank but im using one of the coils in the box

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    You're making a mistake somewhere. Smok Nord 2 only goes up to 40W, you weren't physically able to have it set at 60W

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    My first advice: as you're onbviously not very experienced, forget the temperature mode. Stick to power (wattage) mode only until you research about it or have someone guide you through it.
    Coils are made of different materials, and some are not suitable for temperature control (TC) mode. You need to know what material your coil is made out of to experiment with different settings of your device

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread