• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need honest reviews of the JB by some of the new ones received

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Elendil and others having trouble with the atty flooding:

You might want to try this...This is what i do when mine floods and i think its a good idea just to get the atty broken in and working better.

Take out the bottle shipped with the juice Box. Find a small bottle to put in there instead. This bottle is just to basically catch the juice from the overflow and let it hold the tube and sit on the screw. Take off the mouthpiece and direct drip into the atty for awhile. You will get awesome vapor and hit this way.

I do this at times when mine tries to flood...After a while doing this...then try the regular bottle again..if it still is flooding go back to above for a few days.

Hope this helps....it works for me...I direct drip into the atty at home quite a bit...and it does seem to clear up the flooding for awhile when you replace the original bottle back into the JB.

Not a bad idea but not why you buy the JB:oops:

Gesagen

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Massachusetts
Received my JuiceBox 2 days ago, along with my g/f, who also lives with me.
What I have noticed is that mine compared to hers, are different as nite and day. It appears that they are two totally different batches. And of course, mine was the problem one.

To start out, mine has white jb weld or whatever on the atty, the other one, black. No problems there. Just an observation.

Mine, the switch was very hard to push in and almost had to bottom it out to hear the contact "click" to on position. Definitely left a mark and a sore finger after continued use. Almost got stuck in the on position as well. The other one, perfect positioning of the switch, feather light to push. Both switches are identical in appearance, so mine floated past QC check.

Mine, either top or bottom battery contacts were not aligned properly. I had to almost force the battery in, just to get it in the holder. To the point of the bottom spring was totally compressed to the max, and there still not enough clearance without forcing the battery in. This really didn't bother me, being that much of a tight fit, but it was making an indent on the top of the battery and was very hard to get out.Top of battery was getting deformed and was getting worried about the rough force of battery re charges. The other, perfect. Bottom spring almost fully compressed, nice snug fit and no scarring of battery.

I basically had to take the switch out and reposition it. Now very easy to push, makes contact halfway through it's travel and no more bottoming out and possibly getting jammed in the on position. FIXED.

Had to pry the bottom battery terminal loose, remove all adhesive, clean up area and reposition. Now spring gets compressed almost fully, but has some play so I don't have to force the battery in and have complications. FIXED

I got mine with the green LED, the other has a blue. The blue LED is bright enough to see juice level. The green is very dim and barely noticeable. After I ordered, I saw the vid Carlos did for someone and he was going to use a green LED, but changed his mind, due to the very dim light. If I knew then, I wouldn't have gotten green. This was a known issue with this green LED and I feel I should have had the option to change it to another color that was normal brightness.Otherwise, why bother install it if it's useless. I can simply swap it out for a brighter color, if I care to. But what if someone who doesn't have the time or skills to perform things like this? I just didn't contact Carlos with these problems, since I could do these modifications myself and not have any down time. It only took me less than an hour to do these things. Besides I like to tinker with things anyways :shock:.

But despite these little setbacks, I really am enjoying the JuiceBox. It seems that the quicker I draw off of it, the lighter the throat hit I get. This is my preference. Otherwise the TH can be quite a kicker at times.Plumes of vapor, simply amazing.

Flooding happens not that frequent, thanks to the tips and tricks people have posted here. There surely is a learning curve here, but I'm only on day three here, so I'm still a "newbie" to this. I normally vape 24 mg nic, but am currently using 11 mg. This seems to work out fine, for now. This is a great device and I would recommend it to others, despite my issues.

These are my own findings and opinions and I'm not slamming nor defending the JuiceBox in any way. I just thought I would share what I have encountered and how I resolved them.

Gesagen

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Received my JuiceBox 2 days ago, along with my g/f, who also lives with me.
What I have noticed is that mine compared to hers, are different as nite and day. It appears that they are two totally different batches. And of course, mine was the problem one.

To start out, mine has white jb weld or whatever on the atty, the other one, black. No problems there. Just an observation.

Mine, the switch was very hard to push in and almost had to bottom it out to hear the contact "click" to on position. Definitely left a mark and a sore finger after continued use. Almost got stuck in the on position as well. The other one, perfect positioning of the switch, feather light to push. Both switches are identical in appearance, so mine floated past QC check.

Mine, either top or bottom battery contacts were not aligned properly. I had to almost force the battery in, just to get it in the holder. To the point of the bottom spring was totally compressed to the max, and there still not enough clearance without forcing the battery in. This really didn't bother me, being that much of a tight fit, but it was making an indent on the top of the battery and was very hard to get out.Top of battery was getting deformed and was getting worried about the rough force of battery re charges. The other, perfect. Bottom spring almost fully compressed, nice snug fit and no scarring of battery.

I basically had to take the switch out and reposition it. Now very easy to push, makes contact halfway through it's travel and no more bottoming out and possibly getting jammed in the on position. FIXED.

Had to pry the bottom battery terminal loose, remove all adhesive, clean up area and reposition. Now spring gets compressed almost fully, but has some play so I don't have to force the battery in and have complications. FIXED

I got mine with the green LED, the other has a blue. The blue LED is bright enough to see juice level. The green is very dim and barely noticeable. After I ordered, I saw the vid Carlos did for someone and he was going to use a green LED, but changed his mind, due to the very dim light. If I knew then, I wouldn't have gotten green. This was a known issue with this green LED and I feel I should have had the option to change it to another color that was normal brightness.Otherwise, why bother install it if it's useless. I can simply swap it out for a brighter color, if I care to. But what if someone who doesn't have the time or skills to perform things like this? I just didn't contact Carlos with these problems, since I could do these modifications myself and not have any down time. It only took me less than an hour to do these things. Besides I like to tinker with things anyways :shock:.

But despite these little setbacks, I really am enjoying the JuiceBox. It seems that the quicker I draw off of it, the lighter the throat hit I get. This is my preference. Otherwise the TH can be quite a kicker at times.Plumes of vapor, simply amazing.

Flooding happens not that frequent, thanks to the tips and tricks people have posted here. There surely is a learning curve here, but I'm only on day three here, so I'm still a "newbie" to this. I normally vape 24 mg nic, but am currently using 11 mg. This seems to work out fine, for now. This is a great device and I would recommend it to others, despite my issues.

These are my own findings and opinions and I'm not slamming nor defending the JuiceBox in any way. I just thought I would share what I have encountered and how I resolved them.

Gesagen

Great review! Must be interesting seeing both a bad and good JB. Most problems can be fixed with common sense. I think sometimes people forget these are handmade in an apartment.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Great review! Must be interesting seeing both a bad and good JB. Most problems can be fixed with common sense. I think sometimes people forget these are handmade in an apartment.

And people buy them expecting them to work as described, especially after waiting two months or more for it after paying. But it's good that he did get it working.

And two machines with different types of epoxy, and quality control levels. I wonder if his is a 'bad slave' box? Hopefully mine is in the batch with the new guy helping.

Bad slave, bad slave
whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do
when the vapers get you?

On another note, I wonder if one of the high drain 18650 batteries can help with the flooding? It's supposed to deliver 5v hit at 3.7 voltage.

Last edited:

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga

Gesagen

That's the quotes(and videos..) that makes me scratch my head... I see people producing and talking about plumes of vapor and enjoying it. With my JB I can get it to produce big vape but that's only when its getting dry and theres no way anyone could take that throat hit/sensation. I wouldn't even call it throat hit because it doesn't even seem like big vapor more like just burnt something or another...Crazy HARSH even burns my nostrils....makes me hack.. At this point I've cut my AVE 12mg VG strawberry down to about 4 mg with 100% USP VG. I've ordered a doubler of Banana cream from TV thinking that that would be the lowest no nic throat hit juice I can think of.. I'll have to admit after all the wait this is very frustrating.. Yes I am still working with it and hoping it improves.. I'll see how long I can take it before giving up.

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Most problems can be fixed with common sense. I think sometimes people forget these are handmade in an apartment.

Most problems could be avoided with a little common sense as well.. My Switch did geet stuck in the on position and my atty blew after two days. And lastly I never got one decent hit off of my JB over those two days.
I just sent it back to Carlos yesterday and I really hope that mine will be the first he works on this week as I have been wateing for a working JB since December 6th
:( Really agrevated

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
That's the quotes(and videos..) that makes me scratch my head... I see people producing and talking about plumes of vapor and enjoying it. With my JB I can get it to produce big vape but that's only when its getting dry and theres no way anyone could take that throat hit/sensation. I wouldn't even call it throat hit because it doesn't even seem like big vapor more like just burnt something or another...Crazy HARSH even burns my nostrils....makes me hack.. At this point I've cut my AVE 12mg VG strawberry down to about 4 mg with 100% USP VG. I've ordered a doubler of Banana cream from TV thinking that that would be the lowest no nic throat hit juice I can think of.. I'll have to admit after all the wait this is very frustrating.. Yes I am still working with it and hoping it improves.. I'll see how long I can take it before giving up.

Same exact isues that I had with mine. Before the atty failed

TBM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Walkersville Maryland
Maybe he's only taking 25 orders on Monday so he can have some time to attend to repairs, etc.

Why is he even taking orders yet? He still has a month worth of orders to get out along with repairs from ones currently out. On the site it had said that they would put more up when they were caught up. To me it seems they still are not caught up yet.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: NO relaying messages from Carlos---period.

conrad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Warrenton,VA,USA
OK my th is good and learned to not flood by playing with pressure on bottle
You need to shake to keep juice mixed but other problems batt will not stay in place, top (+) solder is to thick won't let batt touch terminal it's using wire for connection, bottom spring is to small won't support batt, the wires coming out of epoxy for atty won't let box close all the way.switch does stick on.
when I have time I will fix myself
I think generation 4 or 5 will be top notch but these were rushed out and show it

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think generation 4 or 5 will be top notch but these were rushed out and show it

hehe I've been very tempted all along to ask if I can just stay at the end of the list indefinitely, since my intended purpose in ordering a JB is diff than that of most: A peace-(of mind)-keeping mission. Slated to take up residence fairly quickly in doomsday stash, for purposes of (hopefully) keeping the party going even beyond exhaustion of all cartos and atties. :p

I still torture myself somewhat over whether I should go for it and attempt that request, but who knows what could go wrong with the plan, e.g. unforeseen stoppage of production for some reason; eventual status confusion; poss complications if price happened to skyrocket; actual onset of doomsday; alien abduction, etc.... If any bored ppl out there would care to opine on whether they'd attempt it or not themselves if they had the same underlying goal as me, it'd be welcome! :) I may not have much if any time left to take a stab at it, based on some recent delivery reports (obviously isn't going down strictly in chron order), and considering some ship without prior notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread