• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need honest reviews of the JB by some of the new ones received

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I got my juice box going last night. First it worked great and than it got flooded. Worked to get the box unflooded. Got it working again and still not happy with the amount of vapor. I got some VG mixed with a little PG and dripped two drops in atty. Now it seems to vape better. I have been using it all morning and lots of vapor. I think the two drops of VG made it take off.
The box is still too new for me. In the instructions from Carlos he saids, to put two drops of juice into the atomizer at first use. I am learning how to use it. Will report back later after some time with it. Another thing is the taste of my favorite liquid tasted funny. I think it is the new atomizer. Time will tell.

Fairlane64

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Central US
Got mine yesterday, filled up the bottle half way, put a couple drops in the atomizer, and created some pretty good vapor. Throat hit on 24mg juice is brutal to say the least.
I followed Carlos's instructions to the letter, but after a light pump, mine is super easy to flood. As a matter of fact, I think it's spent about 75% of it's time flooded when I attempt to use it right side up. No big deal, I just vape with it almost upside down now, and that totally cures the flooding problem. As a matter of fact, I almost wonder if my atomizer isn't installed upside down because it vapes perfect holding it the wrong way 90% of the time! :D
I'm very satisfied with the flavor and throat hit when holding it upside down, so that's the way I guess I'll be using it from now on unless I figure out a way to make it work consistently right side up!
It's really an ingenious mod, still has some bugs to work out, but when held right, it can sure deliver the throat hit and nicotine!

Fairlane64

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Central US
I'm telling you guys, if you're having flooding issues unscrew the bottle a turn or two. It takes the liquid right back down from the atty. leave it that way and vape it like that, no more flooding, great vapor etc. I think the only problem I have with mine at all is that the button likes to stick.

I tried the unscrewing the bottle a turn, but for some reason it makes mine leak around the bottle threads (and I was holding it right side up when trying that), and I was still getting those weak hits quite a bit (a couple of times it caused mine to draw a bunch of juice up into the mouthpiece when the bottle was unscrewed). I think these boxes have "personality" since they are hand made, so each one is just a bit different and has it's own specific quirks.

Maybe my specific bottle has an issue, I'll have to try replacing it with another 10ml bottle when I get some ordered.

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
...It encouraged me once I started hearing here and there that when the JB is flooded, it actually can still be vaped, just won't put out much if any vapor til it recovers or something. I'd been assuming that it just stops functioning period while flooded. Well, many would probably consider that the case for all intents and purposes, but I'm one of those oddballs who don't care about vapor at all, as long as I can taste the juice and feel something upon inhale. So, lucky meeeeeeee (I hope ;))! :D

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I had the same problem but don't like vaping the box upside down, after a week and a half I emailed Carlos and he asked that I return it. We'll see what happens now.
Got mine yesterday, filled up the bottle half way, put a couple drops in the atomizer, and created some pretty good vapor. Throat hit on 24mg juice is brutal to say the least.
I followed Carlos's instructions to the letter, but after a light pump, mine is super easy to flood. As a matter of fact, I think it's spent about 75% of it's time flooded when I attempt to use it right side up. No big deal, I just vape with it almost upside down now, and that totally cures the flooding problem. As a matter of fact, I almost wonder if my atomizer isn't installed upside down because it vapes perfect holding it the wrong way 90% of the time! :D
I'm very satisfied with the flavor and throat hit when holding it upside down, so that's the way I guess I'll be using it from now on unless I figure out a way to make it work consistently right side up!
It's really an ingenious mod, still has some bugs to work out, but when held right, it can sure deliver the throat hit and nicotine!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Would you be willing to elaborate on how yours is performing for comparison sakes with my troubles?

Very little vapor. Vary Harsh taste. very poor taste. Tried the "hold it upside tip" got a mouthful of scalding hot juice for my trouble.........I would not advise this move at all.

I see the classifieds in my future.

LukeNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
After 3 days, I've yet to get a good hit ever off of it. This is definitely more trouble than refilling carts...

Have you tried just dripping into it -- like 2 maybe three drops to see how it should vape?

If you hold it to your ear, press the button and don't hear it sizzle that seems to indicate it is dry not flooded. When I hear it gurgle through the mouthpiece I know it is flooded and just put it down for awhile or hold the button down and take small puffs until some of the excess cooks off.

Primer puffs seem to improve the vapor, or just start holding the button down a few seconds before you actually take a vape.

Side Note: I had to black tape a small metal washer on top of the button -- it was wrecking my finger...

Fairlane64

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Central US
Very little vapor. Vary Harsh taste. very poor taste. Tried the "hold it upside tip" got a mouthful of scalding hot juice for my trouble.........I would not advise this move at all.

I see the classifieds in my future.

Yeah, you can't hold it completely upside down, more like you've got to hold it with the button almost touching your chin (if that makes sense), so the bottle is perpendicular to your face. If you really hold it completely upside down, you'll be greeted with a whole mouthful of hot juice.

As a test, take your moutphiece off and holding it plastic tube down, dump the contents onto a paper towel, you'll get an idea of just how much juice it holds in the atty when flooded (or will go into your mouth if held that way).

Try using it perpendicular to your face like I described above, see if that makes any difference in your vape. I can't use the unscrew the bottle trick, it causes mine to fill my mouth with juice almost immediately since it causes a suction that pulls the juice right out of the 10ml bottle.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Yeah, you can't hold it completely upside down, more like you've got to hold it with the button almost touching your chin (if that makes sense), so the bottle is perpendicular to your face. If you really hold it completely upside down, you'll be greeted with a whole mouthful of hot juice.

As a test, take your moutphiece off and holding it plastic tube down, dump the contents onto a paper towel, you'll get an idea of just how much juice it holds in the atty when flooded (or will go into your mouth if held that way).

Try using it perpendicular to your face like I described above, see if that makes any difference in your vape. I can't use the unscrew the bottle trick, it causes mine to fill my mouth with juice almost immediately since it causes a suction that pulls the juice right out of the 10ml bottle.

Trying this now

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Side Note: I had to black tape a small metal washer on top of the button -- it was wrecking my finger...

Cool, i know now that my V2 sore finger spot will never go away haha. I would love a soft rubber 510 manual battery-style button (but bigger) for any larger battery mod. I've only been vaping for a couple months so im not too broken in yet though :) Im thinking that a carto condom top cut off to the height of the jb button and glued on over top of the button may be a logical solution to the problem and provide a light cushion. The button would then sit inside a silicone bubble pretty much. Ill find out next week for sure!

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Elendil and others having trouble with the atty flooding:

You might want to try this...This is what i do when mine floods and i think its a good idea just to get the atty broken in and working better.

Take out the bottle shipped with the Juice Box. Find a small bottle to put in there instead. This bottle is just to basically catch the juice from the overflow and let it hold the tube and sit on the screw. Take off the mouthpiece and direct drip into the atty for awhile. You will get awesome vapor and hit this way.

I do this at times when mine tries to flood...After a while doing this...then try the regular bottle again..if it still is flooding go back to above for a few days.

Hope this helps....it works for me...I direct drip into the atty at home quite a bit...and it does seem to clear up the flooding for awhile when you replace the original bottle back into the JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread