The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need honest reviews of the JB by some of the new ones received

Discussion in 'Juice Box Fans' started by juicefreak, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kemuri

kemuri Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    out of town

Not to mention you coming across sunglasses which show the reptoids' true identity and realize that nicjuice is crafty soma to keep us bovine and under control, and all vaping related things including forums vanish like wisps of smoke.

I'm sure version 3 will be better than JB2TL, even if just in terms of finesse.

But because I suspect you like me never expected the JB to be The One but got it as a back up and one to cycle from the arsenal, for minimal filling convenience, and found the idea of a really long-lasting atomizer to be support-worthy considering the bargain price of $90 or so for something so uniquely functional and much, much more than a pretty shiny thing, I think you'll be pretty happy with the JB if not ecstatic and breaking into song.

So I'd say get it when you get it and don't ask for a delay.

2. conrad

conrad Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    Warrenton,VA,USA
    I do like it but for people that don't like to fix things [​IMG]
    I have 2 Bart's so I know whats up with mods
    I will buy another down the line YOU KNOW THE LONG ONE THAT GOES AROUND THE BUILDING DOWN THE BLOCK & THRU THE WOODS[​IMG]

I don't think people like my sense of humor

3. miss MiA

miss MiA Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    D'OH, I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but would you believe that one totally slipped my mind?? Not to mention that it would be all too easy to forget to pencil in the Mayan prophecy, and end up not even getting a full six months out of my JB!!

(Ha ha ha, of course I know that in reality, Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun, LMFAO!! (What, me? Wikipedia?? Nah, there's a 'lmfao' at the end and everything!!)

Yeah, all things considered, I'd probably be more likely to end up satisfied (and avoid trouble) that way than if I start messing with things. Thanks!

@ conrad: I don't like fixing things but I can usually stumble through getting to the post office to send them off somewhere! (Tho I do not like that either! :-/ Ah well.)

4. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    So is there any kind of size difference in the different mah 18650 batts? Ive noticed that most of the vids have the 2400 mah one. When I ordered my 2400 mah I definately had the option to get the 2600 or 3000 but I figured 2400 is going to be plenty for me for a whole day and that's the recommended battery. Are these batteries that dont quite fit right the higher mah ones? Just curious...

5. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Just got my atty back! I'll keep you posted as to whether it's any better. Just got it juiced up!

6. miss MiA

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    That's GREAT, so glad the repair process was (apparently!) so efficient, and that you can now (hopefully!) resume enjoying the festivities! :thumb:

7. willowize

willowize Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Received JB 3/10/09 ordered 1/4/10. Got it around 2:30 p.m. and followed instructions. Has great vapor and TH (using diy Joy 11mg nic, 60%vg 40%pg). Still has the new atty taste (reminds me of the smell of the epoxy) that I'm sure will disapate in a few days. So far no flooding. I love the JB at this point. Will post again in a day or two.

8. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Groovy. Yours must be a post 'bad slave' manufacture.

I've been fairly impatient, but I'm trying to sit on my hands (ordered 1/16/10). I'd rather wait a little bit more and get a trouble free unit than rush carlos.

Honestly, is it too much trouble for him to post something ANYWHERE? A little communication from the Juice Box Pope would do a lot to reassure people.

If the new boxes don't ship when promised, people may start holding porphy's feet to the fire.

9. willowize

Nov 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Hey JDSupreme
    I'm using the UltraFire 18650 3000 mAh and it fits fine.

10. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us

Thanks for the positive feedback... Looks like more and more people are receiving their juice boxes... and porphy is doing a great job @ informing of shipments and planned shipments in his thread over @ the suppliers sub-forum

I see this social group actually becoming a JB fan group as it was intended :D

keep us updated

11. willowize

Nov 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Okie Dokie then, I've been vapin on JB now for a little over 12 hrs. The bad atty taste is gone and the flavor is kickin. I did flood it once when I changed out my bottle for a different flavor (different bottle). I changed to 6mg nic (because the 11mg nic TH seemed a little to harsh). The flooding was easy to fix, I just unscrewed the bottle a little, covered the hole in atty and blew into the mouthpiece. Then I tightened the bottle back up and vaped away.

After some time on the 6mg nic I decided that I liked the TH from the 11mg (ok, now make up my mind) and switched back out with the first bottle and had no problems (oh i did the blow out juice into bottle before I changed it out this time). Once the new bottle was in place I just put 2 drops of juice into the atty, waited a minute then vaped away again.

12. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    Great info thanks.

13. ejoker

ejoker Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    got mine today, been using it for about 5 hours.

a little instruction sheet came with it, so i just followed that.
    put 2 drips in the atty, let it sit. then fire it up for a second or two.
    then take a draw.

ooooh, nice. take another, and another. ok, there's that harshness everyone posts about, the atty is dry.

i tried some 18mg, arrrrgh, the throat hit comes outta the back of my neck.

i already had a bunch of 6 and 10mg lined up though. i fill the bottle 2/3, quick light pump, draw - niiiice.

having the feed system is a boon for sure, but the real advantage is the atty. it really brings out the flavors, very intense! even without the feed, i would use this atty for dripping, it's that good.
    i'm using an 80/20 mix, and the vapor is outstanding. at 10mg, i'm getting the same th i did with 18-24mg on a 510.

now i'm no smart guy, but the learning curve on this was about 15 minutes. this jb simply rocks!! now i need to make a belt holder for it.

things i've learned:
    because it draws out such tremendous flavor, you probably want to 'sample' flavors in something else. if it turns out its something you don't like, you don't want this kind of power behind it.

when screwing on the bottle, you'll see the juice going up the tube. when it does this, cover the atty hole and lightly blow in the mouthpiece until the tube is clear. keep doing this until the bottle is secure. this prevents flooding.

if it does flood, no worries. hold the jb parallel to the floor, with the mouthpiece up, button down. vape as normal. this gets excess liquid away from the heating element. depending how much it is flooded, you may have to raise the bottom end up a tad. if you hold it mouthpiece down, you'll likely get liquid in your mouth. after a few draws, you can hold it normal again (or not).
    OR
    you can vape as normal, where you'll get the flavor and th, but very little vapor until it is not flooded.

after awhile you'll know immediately when you need to pump the bottle. if you continue to draw when you pump, this helps avoid flooding.

14. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    @ejoker thanks for the tips especially the jb parallel part good to know :thumb:

15. miss MiA

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Whew, thanks and glad to hear it guys(gals/humans/whatever)! Hehe when I start out to read posts from recent recipients I probably look the same way I do when watching a real skeery movie... one eye shut and the other squinting hard to protect me from blood, guts or bad news! :shock: (Well, not completely; a little blood and guts is always fun. :D)

16. ejoker

Jan 15, 2010
    probably a good thing i'm only using 6mg, cause i can't put this thing down. the flavor is really incredible outta this thing. i've gone through almost 5ml already ...

17. miss MiA

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Mmmm, no, I'm sorry you guys. It doesn't happen that way. You must have been out sick during the time it was Declared that no one (NO ONE!) ever (EVA!!) likes and has no horrific difficulty with their JB from the start. ;) :p

18. ejoker

Jan 15, 2010
    i was absent that day.

19. willowize

Nov 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Ok, I have now posted 2 reviews on the JB saying what my experience has been so far. I love the JB (can't say this enough). I have been using the same 18650, 3000 mAh battery since 2:30 p.m. yesterday. I changed it out just a few minutes ago just cause I thought I should go ahead and charge it, not because it ran completely down.
    Now this post is gonna say what I do not like about the JB so far.

I have had the mouthpiece come off several times and I'm so afraid that I'll loose the only one I have (time to buy some 801 carts, I guess). Wish there was a way to connect it with some type of magnet maybe?

The button switch hurts the finger. I actually went to the dollar store and bought a pack of "airplus, gel ball of foot cushions" to make a mod for the button. I cut a 7/8"x3/4" square, dug out a hole out where the button can stick in it (not completely thru the material). This just helps cushion the finger when pressing down. I don't really know how to attach the gel material to the JB and don't want to mess up the paint so for now I just position it where I want it and I put the mouthpiece and the new button cover mod in the JB for carrying when not in use. Hmmmm, seems mine is alway in use though, hehe. The switch is sensitive so you do not actually have to press it hard. I wish it was more like the manual button (material wise) on the 510 maybe a little bigger though. Seems I read someone else comment on not liking the button either.

Well there goes it for the don't likes so far.

20. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    I can't remember for sure but I tought I read somewhere to make sure the tip snaps in when you put it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.