Need Quick answer! Old distilled bottle of water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
I was just going to get a bottle at the store and realized that I probably had some in the garage for when I change radiator fluid. I did.

It is a PLASTIC 1/2 gallon jug. It says to use by 02/03/08.

It gets real hot up here in Northern California in the summer, and extra hot in the garage...

Safe to cut VG with or should I just get rid of it?

Thanks!:thumb:

kase

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Everett WA
www.myspace.com
You have any friends hanging around? I would offer one a glass and kinda wait around and see what happens. Make sure and pour yourself a glass too, of tap water of course, so as not to give yourself up. If he doesn't say 'Gee, your water tastes like.....' and he doesn't have any upset stomach I might try it in a test bottle. :evil:

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
Here is where to go to find all you need for DIY, and it's right on this site!!!
DIY e-liquid - E-Cigarette Forum

I can't find it right now, but there is an ejuice calculator that makes it real easy! Just go a bit low on the flavoring initially and you won't get the perfumey-soapy tastes that I got my first tries without the calculator...

I started using distilled water with radiator fluid years ago when I first started getting on forums and learned the many do's and don'ts. Basically, untreated tap water will cause early corrosion in your radiator.

I had a good look at that bottle after posting and noticed that it was real fat!!! So I figure the tiny bacteria that made it through the distilling process have had quite a while to multiply!!!!

I know that it is cheap to buy, but if it would have been within the date(and not all fat) I definitely would have used it... Waste Not Want Not!

Thanks!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread