• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need reco for Canadian sourced carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Criteria:

Needs to be Canadian. I would rather spend my money here than abroad.

I have eGo batteries and I am quite content. I don't feel the need for a VV at this time.

I like the Stardust for flavour, but they tend to leak and only have 1ml capacity ( I measured with a syringe)

The smok dual coil is way too strong unless I cut one of the coils. It ruins flavour when both are heating.

Tried the Vision Grande. Capacity is the only benefit. Taste is muted and it leaks

I like a medium throat hit and vapour like the SD, but would like greater capacity and no leaks.

Any thoughts on what might work for me?

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
So i take it dripping is out then? alright...

Have you tried the Vision LED clearo? V510's?

Have you looked into tanks? (there are the ego t, ego c a 510 tank system), look into a 1.5/1.7ohm cart with three hole's punched in it not available in Canada

Try something called a V510?

do you like cartomizer's? have you looked at boge (SR or LR) in extra large format? What about Kanger?

If your looking for something that will deliver juice for what seems like days on end, have you looked into the auto feeder?

I am curious when you said you measured a star dust as there there is markings along the side saying how much it holds at any given time....but then again if the lettering rubbed off?

I am not sure if making sure you spend your cash in Canada makes much sense, and if it makes me less of a Canadian for wanting to send my cash south of the border to the USA, as they have great and killer prices (even with shipping added)....and i have tried some the juice...i have gotten some carts and tanks from there too....but what that is just me and my taste's

Last edited:

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
My eGo batteries are from a "C" kit. I wasnt all that happy with the tank performance.

The Canadian thing is my personal preference and I would never hold it against anyone that buys from the US. He'll, most of my house is full of crap not made in Canada ( what the he'll happened to our manufacturing base?)

The Boge sounds interesting. Many have spoken of it. Does it leak? How is the taste?

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I've tried basically every carto/clearo out there and Boges have always come out on top. Excellent flavour, vapor, and throat hit. They don't leak unless you overfill them. They last a long ... time too, longer than all other cartos I've tried. Best of all, Canvape always has both the LR and the SR in stock (you're going to want LR for an eGo). I have moved on to all tanks now, and I still will only use a Boge carto in them. Nothing else lasts as long and is as consistent (in my experience, of course). These bad boys will take whatever PG/VG ratio you like without issues.

They're cheap too (if you know where to shop! hehe): Boge Low Resistance Cartomizer 5 Pack

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I am not a huge cart fan (not anymore, goes paw in paw with the fact i no longer like ego's), BUT i would have to say boge LR's are very nice for throat hit, and vapor production, and seeing as you are on ego's you will get a luke warm vape which is very nice...

And yes Chelly Nelly is correct, you do need to shop ;) Hence for a dollar more then canvape (which has the small version) you can get the boge extra large version (in fact i am using it on my dragons breath set to 3.8V....i could go to 3.3V or 3.4V and it would still taste awesome with the karmel apple vape, but i like my 3.8V magic number)

then again if you want to get some most excellent juice at a killer price AND a SmokTech's "The ReJuvenator" that holds 2.6m due to the XXL size and is a single coil (i have three of these and you need to scroll down) and cost about $1.79 you can see jugheads

:p

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
they out preform the star dust, and tanks (and i am a very large fan of both as you well know) even outpreform the kanger and the boge.....and tomorrow along with a shipment of the steel tank and other things i am getting about 4 or 5 more ;P.....word of caution though....the preform so well with TH and vapor production...never EVER forget you leave you multi volt (the kind that does 3.7V, 5V and 6V that is it) on 6V then attach the ReJuvenator....naturally you will burn the cart out in a second, and have a nice lung full of burnt polyfill in your mouth.....and a nice great plume of blue smoke

Either way, there are more then one choice in vendors out there :p and it comes down to whatever a person wants and where ;)

Last edited:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I can't tell if the OP wants a Canadian made carto, or just one from a Canadian vendor. Us Cannucks have mastered the art of space arms, but can't manage to build a fluff-filled tube for under $20. :)

Anyway, my vote is for the boge. I was/sorta-is a stardust fan, but after experiencing the subtle flavour you get from jokesmoke in a boge v.s. no flavour at all in a stardust, I'm slowly converting to the carto. I even have a bunch of LR boges I cleaned out and reused two or three times already, and they still work fine. We'll revisit this when my order from canvape shows up with my phoenix firebird cartos :)

Beaver

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Ontario
I've tried basically every carto/clearo out there and Boges have always come out on top.

I agree with Chelly on this. About a month ago I sampled everything I could find. Boges always came out on top for me in flavour, vapour, throat hit and endurance. I always use standard resistance, so I can't comment on the low resistance boges.

I use the xl boges in a smoktech tank from canvape...works great for me.

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Nice one Battle!! I have the Firebird tank coming :D:D

FYI Canvape is the only place in Canada with the Firebird tank and cartos (or either for that matter). They've gotten awesome reviews South of the border so I'm expecting a lot. If they're as good as the Smokeymizers (my fave clearo, just too small, which is why I got the 3ml tank of the Firebird) then I'll be soooooo happy :D

Edit: The LRs are just as good! :) I only used them for a long time, til I got into VV.

ramman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Canada
I'm using both the Boge 45mm from Canvape and the Rejuvenator from Jugheads. Both are fantastic but if I had to pick just one for a 3.7v...I'd probably go with the Rejuvenator. They are a little pricey at $1.79 each but if you need juice...you can pick some of that up at the same time. His ejuice is top notch and the price is fantastic.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Hi I could tell you that boge is the best but not everyone likes them. You are using it so part of the fun and frustration is trying all the different makes. Then you can be like the rest of us and wondering why the hell we bought that one. I use a carto tank with boge and am very happy with that combo. Best of luck in finding what you like.
Drac

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The Firebird is an integrated unit. If I were you I would wait till all the reviews hit the Canadian forum next week. By the sounds of it so far they are great, but a bit tricky to fill

Not as tricky as those bloody smokeymizers with the tweezer and drain stopper getup. The worst $15 I ever spent. :mad:

To fill a phoenix/firebird bottom coil. Fill syringe with juice, insert syringe (included btw) into tiny hole beside the air hole, turn whole contraption upside down and fill. To summarize, just fill it upside down. Steeljan has a great video showing how to fill it, and you can even watch her throw her kleenex across the room! :)

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Just so I'm fully aware, the Boge is a carto (integrated atomizer/coil) and not a cartridge ( separate atomizer-coil)?

Secondly, people are mentioning the Firebird tank combo. Same question. Is it an integrated unit?

Boge is a carto. I don't think anyone actually uses cartridges anymore :)

fiirebird/phoenix carto
Firebird Bottom Coil Cartomizer - 5 Pack

firebird/phoenix tank
Firebird 3ml Bottom Coil Tank

I picked up all cartos with my order, I guess I shoulda tossed in a tank for fun. Oh well, the carts hold a bit over 1 ml of juice, and thats what my stardusts hold, so that will last me all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread