Never Give Up On A "Dead-out-of-the-Box" Cartomizer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I bought some Low Res 510 Mega Cartomizers from madvapes. (2.5 ohm, brass threads with slits through the screw side). The first one out of the box was dead as a door nail which really peeved me since I had unwrapped it, filled it and then ran out the house to go to work.

Over the next several days, I tried several times to see if I could get it to work....different batteries....tapping it on the side....magical incantations. I'm cheap, so I just couldn't bring myself to throw out a brand new Cartomizer. Plus it was full of my favorite Cappuccino juice from Nhaler. So I let it sit for a week or so.

Today, I was using my passthrough with a regular resistance cartomizer and on a whim, hooked up the "bad" cartomizer. Boom....IT WORKED! Since it was low res, I was immediately afraid I would fry it with the 5 volt passthough, so I screwed it on my Riva batt and it works great. Lots of TH and lots of vapor. I have no idea why the 5V passthough made a difference, but I guess it gave it the kick in the .... that it needed.

Rich

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread