Status
Not open for further replies.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Belle for your interest i bought the 510 cartos from Nhaler and they are stainless. im sure the KR808 are same. and the stainless looks golden. but dont burn those pretty lips you got.
Cos

Idle curiosity that will be satisfied soon anyways... I'm super excited that you have KR8 mega cartos. (Which I am guessing are the new larger capacity/higher resistance Boge/Dekang type, but I am content to guess, no need to confirm or tell me to mind my own. ;) )... and have them in "Stainless Steel." The curiosity is--is it a stainless steel colored label, or are they label-less? I'd prefer the second but it really... doesn't matter too much, cause I've... already ordered them, lol. And if they're the carto type I think they are (or as suited to me as that type) I'll keep ordering them either way. I am tired of refreshing the tracking to see if they've arrived yet so I can find out first hand.

Did I mention I'm excited about stainless steel? I'm tired of the annoyance of peeling carto labels off, lol.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Hey Belle for your interest i bought the 510 cartos from Nhaler and they are stainless. im sure the KR808 are same. and the stainless looks golden. but dont burn those pretty lips you got.
Cos

Oh, thanks Cos! <3 I pretty much only vape at 3.7 and if these run as cool as the others I have, shouldn't be an issue. If it is, I'll be makin' a sleeve for em. ;)

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Good to know, Lotus. I think they'll do the job then. I don't like drip tips cause it cools the vapor off for me too much. Though at 6V it may not. But since I like most flavors in my current cartos (which I think are the same style as the Nhaler ones I just ordered) at 3.7V, just makes sense to vape at that rather than burn up juice faster. Oooh, I hope they come tomorrow. The USPS 'tracking' is weird and makin me nervous, but this is my first order from Nhaler, so maybe it's right. Just skipping around the states a bit, lol.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I received my stainless megas yesterday. These are the first cartomizers I've used and the most impressive thing (IMHO) is the amount of juice they hold. The first one I filled took almost 40 drops! These last longer than anything I've used before.

And since I removed the peeling platinum rubberization on my Tornado (making it a stainless batt and cone) these stainless cartos look good with that Tornado. Work good too, pop the rubber out of the mouthpeice and fill with juice. I suggest leaving the plug and condom on the threaded side while filling. Replace the rubber from the mouthpeice, put the condom for that side back on and let the juice absorb for a while. Good stuff.
Blank 510 Mega Cartomizers

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Here's a little trick I use on 510 carto's. Place a small round piece of blue foam (you know, that stuff sitting in your drawer from all those cart mods you tried) between the filler and the soft cap. It eliminates any juice getting into your mouth!

Hey Pete ya really dont need anything like that with cartos. been using them since sept and rarely ever get juice in mouth. only reason you can get juice in your mouth is when you fill them too much. i always stop at 30 drops. trust me you can get 40 drops in them but thats when you can start to get juice in your mouth. cartos rock. for all the new people that are just starting to use cartos use whatever method that fits you to fill them. what i do is this
add 10 drops thru mouthpiece on filler then use Taryn spin method a few spins
add another 10 drops use taryn spin method again
add another 10 drops use Taryn spin method again
thats it.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Hey Pete ya really dont need anything like that with cartos. been using them since sept and rarely ever get juice in mouth. only reason you can get juice in your mouth is when you fill them too much. i always stop at 30 drops. trust me you can get 40 drops in them but thats when you can start to get juice in your mouth. cartos rock. for all the new people that are just starting to use cartos use whatever method that fits you to fill them. what i do is this
add 10 drops thru mouthpiece on filler then use Taryn spin method a few spins
add another 10 drops use taryn spin method again
add another 10 drops use Taryn spin method again
thats it.
Hey Billy,
That's exactly how I'm filling mine, step for step! I hear you on the juice in the mouth. It rarely happens to me and it's usually when I get greedy and over fill. Of course, I DO have to find a use for all my blue foam though! ;)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I have to say I'm really impressed with these. I've never really been a fan of cartos despite the convenience, but these are great. I actually like them at 3.7v better than 5! They run cool, great vapor and easy to refill.

yeh really works at 3.7v fantastic. use them at 3.7v on my Phidius, mini Xhaler and GG gRant just fantastic. these 510 cartos are a great hit. i like them better than the KR808 but i havent tried Drews yet. those will be on tonites order. im sure they are just as good. Also Drews mega KR808 have 3.4 ohms so they should run a lot better than anyones elses KR808 cartos. I have to ask Belle what she thinks. she tested everyone of these babys.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm not sure I understand why Drew choose 3.4Ω for his 510 carto's. The ones I've used from both LiteCig and Electronicstix are both 2.9Ω. I know he said that it should reduce any burning of the filler but it should produce less vapor and TH as well at 3.7v. I can see using them at 5-6 volts but not at 3.7v. Has anyone compared them to the 2.9Ω carto's at 3.7v?

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Pete--I have. I prefer the higher resistance cartos to the 2.9 type. Yes, they have a higher resistance, but they have a more efficient air flow design (I'm guessing) because the vapor production is comparable, and the warmth/vapor production are better than standards. They do not get as hot as the 2.9, but the 2.7-2.9 types kill some of my flavors.

Anyhow, got my Nhaler stainless steel Kr8 mega cartos, and they are the type I like, and they are nekked (no labels) so I'm relatively happy. (There was a small mistake on my order, so I'm not OVERJOYED, but I called and they said they'd fix it up, so I ain't complainin.)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Pete--I have. I prefer the higher resistance cartos to the 2.9 type. Yes, they have a higher resistance, but they have a more efficient air flow design (I'm guessing) because the vapor production is comparable, and the warmth/vapor production are better than standards. They do not get as hot as the 2.9, but the 2.7-2.9 types kill some of my flavors.

Anyhow, got my Nhaler stainless steel Kr8 mega cartos, and they are the type I like, and they are nekked (no labels) so I'm relatively happy. (There was a small mistake on my order, so I'm not OVERJOYED, but I called and they said they'd fix it up, so I ain't complainin.)

Pete i have vaped both also. hard to say i am testing so many but tonite i will vape a 510 from Shawn and a 510 from Drew and pm ya my opinion. i also have multimeter so i will check the ohms again. Let me know if you dont want me to test them for ya. besides i want to know myself lol. later
Billy

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Pete--I haven't tried the 510's yet, waiting on my mod for that. I'm comparing two "new and improved" styles of KR808D-1 cartomizers that have recently come out. Nhaler's Mega cartos have the higher resistance, and there are also 2.7-2.9 "improved" KR808D-1 compatible cartos out there. The Mega type KR808D-1 compatible cartos have a higher resistance, -but- the heat seems to be used more efficiently (not wasted on making the outside shell of the carto too hot, like with standards), so the net effect is still more vapor production/warmer vapor, but *not* burn-your-lips-cartos.

*You may burn your lips on a HV device or if you are just reckless and silly, so don't blame me if ya do. But they're much more comfy than the standards or the 2.7/2.9 ohm type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread